Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 1:54:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
Wifi is good, phone is restarting every time I try to update, phone isn't rooted and I did a factory reset a couple of days ago. Not sure what taking out the battery will accomplish but I'll give it a shot.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

361 of 427 (2,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 2:00:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
Just checked phone status and it says modified. It has to be the fix I downloaded for the exynos exploit.

362 of 427 (2,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 6:28:04 AM
(0)
Teacher
Ya that may do it. Not sure what the exploit is but I would try un-installing it then try to update again.

363 of 427 (2,127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 6:47:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

My phone got update yesterday night after changing the date .

Have tried 100+ times by changing the date from day one (Dec 27) to get this update , reached upto 15 May 2013 and the wait time 3000+ :smileyhappy:

I was on the WIFI , and in NY/NJ area. Total update size is 178 MB around and it took  5 mins to download and 2 or 3 mins to update the phone. After update I see the android version as 4.1.2 and by default multi window feature is enabled. Haven't explored what all changes.

Thanks

VSR

364 of 427 (2,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 6:48:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I finnaly was able to get the update last night. I took the advice from another poster to change my date to 3/19/13 and the downloade commenced. Finally.... :smileyindifferent:

365 of 427 (2,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 12:36:29 PM
(0)
Teacher
I wonder if the date 3/19/13 has something to do with getting the update, if so it was just luck that I switched to that date. But if it works for other people I'm glad to be of some help:smileyhappy:

366 of 427 (2,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 1:59:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, it worked for me too. Was up to 104 hours, still no update for Colorado.  Changed my clock to 3/19/13 and it happen started downloading.

367 of 427 (1,980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 2:24:09 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Tones2 on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:25:45 PM

I FINALLY got my update this morning in Chicago over LTE. I did NOT have to change my date forward.

[ Edited ]
368 of 427 (1,971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 2:51:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
So now the question is what does 3/19/13 have to do with this
Or does it at all?

369 of 427 (1,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 5:56:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
Finally have mine in alabama. Loaded on 4g network and 25% battery lol. Clock thing didn't work just have to wait.

370 of 427 (1,913 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 7:42:53 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 5, 2013 at 7:57:58 PM

Check out this crap from AT&T when ask why I havent gotten 4.1.2 update:

Amanda: I have just read this update With your "update" AT&T has temporarily suspended it because it was not updating properly on the device.

Amanda: Sorry, this is apparently a huge issue so Samsung had to pull it for the time being.

Amanda: I apologize for the inconvenience. When the update is corrected it will appear on your device.

Amanda: That is up to Samsung and AT&T when the bugs are fixed.

It makes absolutely no sense at all that T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc has had this update for months, and

then when AT&T finally pushes software, it doesnt download properly to devices or customers never receive it.

The bigger question is, why doesnt Samsung just put it on Kies like Apple does with it iOS. With Kies I was able

to update my little sister's Galaxy S3 to 4.1.1 in a matter of minutes successfully with no issues.

Just dumb AT&T and Samsung, DUMB!!!!! Put 4.1.2  and all future updates on Kies.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
371 of 427 (1,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 7:47:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
This is the entire reason samsung is bailing on android by next year.

372 of 427 (1,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 8:03:38 PM
(0)
Mentor
Sorry but that will never happen. Has nothing to do with android. It's the carrier who always holds the updates. Just like the note 2 has missing features that AT&T removed.

373 of 427 (1,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 8:07:50 PM
(0)
Scholar
Its coming do a google search about samsung ditching android

374 of 427 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2013 8:11:45 PM
(0)
Teacher
Dude they make millions and millions off android. They are not leaving it just cuz they MAY use another os doesn't mean they are stopping android and if they where y is the note iii rumor mill already going plus the s4 is to they already have 2 os now if anything they will leave wp cuz it's not as successful they aren't going to stop millions for a completely new os that no one used before and just hope the adoption rate is hi as android

375 of 427 (1,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 8, 2013 3:15:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

I see everyone flaming here saying that customers got a better deal from other companies...well, you should look closer...alot of other companies order models of this phone that are only 2g comatible or 3g compatible, not 4g LTE.  Look close at thier model numbers, there is a differance.  Also, for those that are complaining about how the phone was sold to them unable to muliview when the salesperson said it would, well, that was just a misinformed salesperson.  I work for a mobile company and call tell you that alot of the information we get is from youtube and tech blogs...and alot of that comes from international models.  AT&T gets its firmware updates when samsung makes them.  Maybe you shouldn't have just jumped on the newest phone off the line.  As far as a 'toggle' to turn on and off mobile data....well, if your posting here then you should know that there are apps you can download from the play store that allow you to toggle that...alot of power control widgets give you this option for example.  I have been using this phone since the day it lauched with AT&T and love it.  Would I have been happier if the multiview worked on day 1?  Probally, but the lack of has not kept me up at night threatening to leave AT&T for someone elce.  I can still window videos on the phone while i text and everything elce, and I have seen what the competition has to offer and would never change. 

And as a side note:  US version of phones will not do all that international models will, mostly because of FCC regulations.  Now, think about it....samsung has to make firmware updates for models that are different from carrier to carrier, and for US and international models.  Give them time.

Otherwise, next time, wait a month or two after the lauch of a phone, or try reading some tech boards before you buy it.  Will save you alot of trouble later.

376 of 427 (1,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 9, 2013 4:44:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

So I'm from Guam and my carrier is Docomo Pacific. I have a galaxy note 2 lte that I got under contract with Docomo Pacific. Apparently it is not the international model but the same model galaxy note 2 lte that AT&T uses. And, similar to those galaxy note 2 AT&T customers, my note 2 did not have multitasking out of the box. Here are my questions:

1. Is my wireless carrier, Docomo Pacific, responsible for releasing the update that allows multitasking?

2. Is there any other way to get multitasking onto my note 2?

377 of 427 (1,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 9, 2013 7:31:25 AM
(0)
Mentor

Have you not learned by now that AT&T is Always the last of the Cariers to come out with Upgrades in Firmware??????  Have to get their Bloatware into firmware.  Could leave that choice to you to install.

378 of 427 (1,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 9, 2013 8:37:45 AM
(0)
Teacher
They are not the last go look at the NEXUS on vzw see what that's running... It's 4.1.1 now the gsm is on 4.2.x already I don't think that at&t is the last and we also got 4.1.2 and they stayed on 4.1.1

379 of 427 (1,279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2013 1:53:15 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by DPIT1010 on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:55:40 PM

Multi View works great...on my Sprint Note 2.  I just switched to AT&T...bad choice.  Also the headphones...other carriers include them.  FYI the ones from Sprint are awesome with controls.

[ Edited ]
380 of 427 (1,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2013 7:05:26 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 11, 2013 at 7:20:43 AM

Here is my discussion with a "Support Rep" form this morning. NOT ONLY IS THIS INSULTING BUT THE REASON WHY AT&T HAS A LOW CUSTOMER RATING!!!!!

You are now connected with 'Stephan ***'.

Stephan *** Thank you for using AT&T Chat. I am happy to help you today.

You: Good Morning I would liek to know when my Galaxy Note 2 will receive the new firm ware upgrade allowing for mu
mutilview support
Stephan ***: I can definitely look into that for you.
You: Verizon, Sprint already have this feature enabled on their version of the Note 2
Stephan ***: Thank you. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to research this update. Thanks for your patience.
You: ok
Stephan ***: Sorry, we have no info about any future updates for devices. I can guide you through a software update, if your phone does not have the latest software already released for at&t.
You: That response is not acceptable
I thought this was tech support
Stephan ***: I'm glad to help! What else can I help you with regarding your AT&T services at this time?
You: I want to know when I will have the ability with my phone that everyone else has on other carriers
The fact you are ill informed and are support is insulting
Stephan ***: We are not iformed about the release of update or devices before the public is informed.
You: Thank you for wasting my time no wonder AT&T has a low customer rating

[ Edited ]
381 of 427 (1,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2013 7:10:35 AM
(0)
Teacher
The update is already out for at&t

382 of 427 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2013 7:48:12 AM
(0)
Teacher
Ya Its out. That "support rep" sounds like a bot and a pretty bad one too. You can tell right away from this "You: That response is not acceptableI thought this was tech supportStephan ***: I'm glad to help! What else can I help you with regarding your AT&T services at this time?" And it hasn't even been updated to know that the update is already out. I would take your phone to a att store and ask if they can bypass the update for you, if not then use your phone insurance to get a new phone because your phone could be considered defective. Good luck, I hope you can get this fixed ASAP!

383 of 427 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2013 10:27:09 AM
(0)
Mentor
The firmware is OUT Now. Check your Software Update in phone.

384 of 427 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2013 10:28:05 AM
(0)
Mentor

Yep it is.  Been out since first of the year...

385 of 427 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2013 7:29:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

Here in Iowa - I woke up to an update message on my phone, told me to stay connected to Wifi, etc...started the update, and appeared to be downloading very slowly.  After a minute of little progress the download bar disappeared, no update, no restart.  Software version still 4.1.1.  Tried to check for software update, and it says that my phone is up to date...

386 of 427 (908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2013 10:09:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

So I have the same problem as above. The update notification came this morning, timed out, and then nothing. Still on 4.1.1 with no multiwindow option. 

Anyone else get something to work? 

ATT any help here? 

387 of 427 (882 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2013 11:49:21 AM
(0)
Teacher
I have the same issue. Woke up this morning to an update. Hit download and it showed an 178 mb update. The download was very slow so I went back to sleep. Evidently, while sleeping the download failed. When I got up and checked, the software version was still 4.1.1. I checked for an update and it said my software was up to date and check again in 24 hours. I moved the date forward a few times and checked for the update. Now, I have to wait about 170 hours.

Any suggestions?

388 of 427 (851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2013 1:43:00 PM
(0)
Contributor

For those that are trying to update but while downloading it fails to complete, restart the download. If you are unable to access the update again you can contact technical support and they will repush the update to your phone.

389 of 427 (824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2013 5:11:46 PM
(0)
Voyager

Tried that. ..... I have been on hold - off hold for over 45min. and still nothing. They had to check with Samsung to see if there is anything that could be done. Well they got Samsung on the line and passed me off to them. I spoke to the guy from Samsung and he looked at my phone and said there was nothing that he could do because my phone was not able to be upgraded at this time. He said the problem is with AT&T, and AT&T will notify me when my phone is ready for an upgrade. He said that AT&T is batching out upgrades and he could not push an upgrade to me. He also said if I did try to upgrade it or get the upgraded software before my phone was ready it could lock up my phone. He said I would have to wait on AT&T that was just the way it was. So I guess I just sit here and wait for my phone to be upgraded, I probably should've just went to Verizon. Well I'm not sure if Samsung is feeding me a line or AT&T's feeding me a line, but you'd think at least AT&T would know what was going on with software update. But they don't!!! That's great customer service!!!

390 of 427 (783 Views)