Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 1, 2013 2:57:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I got the update yesterday Here in Arizona over WIFI

This is my first OTA update ive done for andriod, and I'm not impressed, it seems like half of my setting have been reset by this update(unsure if that SOP on andriod). After the update im having a problem with GPS LOCK on 24/7. 

I have a feeling that I might root my device in the future to remove all AT&T's bloatware on this thing.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 12:57:48 PM
(0)
Teacher
Has anyone that couldn't get the update previously gotten it yet?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 1:34:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have still not gotten mine in Chicago IL. Tried last night over WiFi - have to wait until tonight to try again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 4:38:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
Nothing in yet. Alabama

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 4:38:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
Nothing yet*

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2013 5:43:10 PM
(0)
Voyager

I can also confirm that I got the update a few days ago (sorry, this is my first day on this forum). The down side is that the dual screen was working great and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I wonder if the delay for so many others to get the update is because there is a problem with it?  I wonder.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 6:05:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had to get another phone it was my phone that did not allowing me to do the update  my date was on March 2013 and was not able to do it so I called AT&T and they allow me to get another phone and soon as I got the new phone it download update soon with no problems

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 7:15:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
Did you have to send in your old phone first to get the new one or did you do everything at an at&t Store? If you had to send in your old phone first how long did it take to get your new phone?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 10:55:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

Zade wrote:
Did you have to send in your old phone first to get the new one or did you do everything at an at&t Store? If you had to send in your old phone first how long did it take to get your new phone?

Not knowing hm3's situation, if it was through warranty replacement they'll overnight to you a new phone and then you send the defective one back in packing ATT supplies you. It's actually pretty smooth.

Now unless the phone is less than 30 days then perhaps you can do the swap right in the ATT Corp Store.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 11:12:33 AM
(0)
Teacher
Well it's been over 30 days but I think I may take it to a at&t store thid weekend to see if they can do anything and if they can't I'll send for a new phone. If they can do something about this I'll let everyone know.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 11:42:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had to do the warranty its was over the 30 day the phone came about 2 days then sent the old one back the same day

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 11:45:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

hm3 wrote:

I had to do the warranty its was over the 30 day the phone came about 2 days then sent the old one back the same day

Thanks for getting back to us hm3. Nice.

Yes, if I remember it was free 2 day shipping and extra $10 (maybe $20?) to overnight to you. I know when I had to do that with another phone I must paid for the overnight cause i got it the next day....:smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 1:51:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

So still no update for me here in Virginia. I finally went by my local AT&T store... (major one, not reseller) and they didn't even know that there was an OTA update for the Note 2. Among other things they said; "We may be the last carrier to roll an update out but we wait till we know the update is good and without bugs."   ROFL  I could hardly believe my ears... HOGWASH! This OTA update has been far less than stellar... on a scale of 1 - 10 a 3 at best.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 2:06:39 PM
(0)
Teacher
I just got the update. all i did was check for the update and it took about 45sec to find it. i'm in CA and i had my date set to 3/19/13 try using that date.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 2:08:16 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, 

As you're well aware, the update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II was released and I see that many of you are able to update your devices with no issue. A couple folks have indicated that they haven't received the update just yet. 

For those of you who haven't been able to update, please make sure you're following these steps to check for an update:

A couple pre-game tips:

• Fully charged battery before upgrading.
  • Back up data before upgrading. Certain types of user data will remain intact, including pictures, videos, and contacts. To be safe, it is best practice to always back up all data in the event that information is lost. Please refer to the Kies Backup/Restore FAQ to learn more about backing up personal data.
  • Do not press any buttons to launch the menu during the upgrade process.
  • Do not use call functions while upgrading.

How to update your device:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi network
  2. Tap Applications icon from Home Screen
  3. Tap Settings icon
  4. Tap About device
  5. Tap Software Update
  6. Tap Check for Updates
  7. Tap OK
  8. Tap Continue
  9. The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.

If you haven't updated by January 8th, you'll receive a message requesting that you update the software. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 2:22:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
ya...everyone has done that atleast 5 times I had checked for this update over 40 times by changing the date all the way up to 3/19/13. Also I always thought that a couple ment 2 not 100+.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 2:36:12 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Zade wrote:
ya...everyone has done that atleast 5 times I had checked for this update over 40 times by changing the date all the way up to 3/19/13. Also I always thought that a couple ment 2 not 100+.

Will you please take a look at your private messages? Upper right, flashy envelope?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 4:13:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Those of us who haven't received have checked a hundred times, and are precluded from checking for 24-48 hours each time.  If you wouldn't mind reading the thread in its entirety I think you will see that not getting the update is not the result of lack of effort on our parts.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 7:07:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
This is such crap, why are they rolling update out to 5 people a day this seems like?! My girls note 2 got the update on launch day and my phone still can't get an update. Att need to get on there game, no one wants to deal with a carrier that's slacking. Instead of telling us about the obvious update steps, get in touch with the tech team and figure out what's going on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 7:27:46 PM
(0)
Teacher
I just got a PM from att employee

Galaxy Note II Updated

From: ●●●●: 2:38 PMIs your device running the factory software? If not, any modification to the software might interfere with the update.  If is, will you please reply with your name, account number, IMEI number from your device and your phone number? I'd like to have one of the project managers here dig a little deeper.  Thanks,●●●●
So I'll let you know how that goes.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 8:02:22 PM
(0)
Voyager

Still can't update here in Houston either!  Been trying daily since it was released and nothing yet.  I've set the date forward to March as well but that still doesn't work.  Tried on both LTE and wifi but it still shows no update available.  Earlier today when I went to check it popped up "DM initialization not ready. Check network or SIM card."  This is just a mess.  Glad I moved from my iPhone but I'm sure starting to miss Apple's easy updating process.  I guess I'll have to contact support if it still doesn't work tomorrow.  This was one of the main features of the phone that I really wanted to use for work.  The recent Verizon ads on TV showing multiview seem to just add salt to the wound.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 8:12:21 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have gotten that error before" DM initialization not ready. Check network or SIM card."  and it goes away after a few minutes, At least it did for me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 8:23:44 PM
(0)
Voyager
Yea it went away but still no update available

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 9:01:35 PM
(0)
Voyager

Got my update tonight (Atlanta Metro area). Went smoothly. I've been trying for about 4 days now. Never manually changed the time/date.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 9:20:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

I just got off the phone with Tech support desk at AT&T and they pushed the update to me within mins, they had me click software update and it just starting downloading. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 9:29:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
I've downloaded the update twice tonight and both times the update installed to 30% and stopped. Once the boot up is finished I'm being told that the update installation was interrupted. I now have to wait 23 hours to try again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 9:30:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
Well There's a possible fix for everyone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2013 9:48:21 PM
(0)
Teacher
For your problem with it stopped half way you could move up the date of your phone by one day and try re-downloading it again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 1:21:16 AM
(0)
Tutor
I changed the date and downloaded the update for the third time. It's actually saying update failed at 30%. Any ideas why I wouldn't be able to update?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2013 1:37:03 AM
(0)
Teacher
Hmm. Make sure your WiFi connection is strong.
Restart your phone if that doesn't work try taking out your battery and put it back in and try again.
That's all I can think of atm.

Also I was told that if your phone is rooted this update may not work