Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 10:51:49 AM
(0)
Scholar
Thats not a bad idea if it'll work....

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

181 of 427 (6,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 5:30:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

How does AT&T manage to screw up new technology that is this cool? As slow as ICS updates went out, I guess it should be no surprise. If that episode is any indicator, Note 2's on other carriers will be teleporting humans to other planets before we get dual screen capability. Several ATT moderators made great efforts to convince us that dual core processors were actually better than quad core. Now that they offer quad devices, this debate seems to have vanished from the boards. I guess now we will be told that a singe app screen is more productive than a dual app screen. I should have researched the ATT offering of the Note 2 before I purchased it, since this was one of the most desirable features listed on Samsung's website. I suppose I could claim buyer's remorse, and just pay the restocking fee. Just once, I wish that I could purchase the latest tech from AT&T and not end up disappointed. It's always something.:robotmad:

182 of 427 (6,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 5:40:41 PM
(0)
Scholar
Something tells me that att is making more money off the lg device that is being sold as the device that can run 2 apps at once.. I see commercials for it all the time. Funny that they are the only one pushing that device and the only one to have removed it from the note and kept it removed.

183 of 427 (6,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 10:11:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by MikeC_1 on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:15:01 PM

<<<<< Coming from a longtime customer :smileywink:

Still waiting AT&T!!!
Lets hope that they care for their customers.... give us the update!!

[ Edited ]
184 of 427 (6,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2012 3:12:03 AM
(0)
Mentor
They don't and won't I know I don't have time for their junk anymore. I, like many others purchased it for that featureamong others. If they can't get it to work, then they need to say something and address the issue. As with me and my family, from now on, we will be purchasing international versions of devices and just not have to deal withthis again. I find it inexcusable that at this point they can only come, delete and modify posts and remain silent.

I understand after thinking about it, the techs and csr' that you speak to, as they are just doing their jobs and what is told of them. But on the flip side, I find the carriers in this instant a bit disgusting. Not only att, but all of them. They all have taken a neatly and superbly designed device and just smashed it to pieces with their meddling.

Maybe, when google begins to offer wireless and people like myself who gave these carriers a chance, and they failed due to lack of concern, run to them (which btw IS going to happen sooner or later) with flailing arms of surrend, then they will do like so many other industries and realize that there are alternatives and as customers we deserve what we are advertised.

I am just done with purchasing devices from them, and am seriously doubting I will renew my contract. My department put me in charge of a test deployment of android devices as they want to move from apple. But you think I am going to embarass myself by recommending att? God no! The device is sound within our parameters after testing it, but I recommended to order international versions outright (initial unit order was 250) and we are going from there.

As the liason and pm, I needed to be sure on a consumer level that if I had a positive experience then hopefully the initial corporate setup and support would also be good. But that is definitely a huge NO!

Thus, our business is going elsewhere.

This will pro b ably be my last post on here.

Good luck to anyone struggling with them.

185 of 427 (6,180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2012 10:15:38 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have been following the Note2 announces since the start and AT&T (and others, aside from VZW announcing it late) never mentioned Samsung's multi-window feature. The S3 had, a while back, the Samsung multiTASK feature (scrolling apps on the side via a tab) at AT&T, which may be interesting to note.

I too am looking forward to this update and do not understand what the hold-up is. If other carriers came out with it (or some variations of it in some incomplete form even), one would think this would be something AT&T would have released by now...as they did.

The international version does not have LTE...it may also not be FCC compliant  (it does have the FM radio, etc?). Does it have SAFE as well? It may.

I guess that I understand your frustration; however, I don't see why you would switch to the international Note2 based on AT&T being late to update the phone. By the time you order the phone, it may have the update. I understand it WOULD be nice to have AT&T confirm this feature officially (and give a date)...especially in your case of testing/recommending to your company.

I wouldnt run to Google's future phone service quite yet...they do not have the cellular infrastructure that VZW or ATT, etc has. They would have to build it or piggyback on others, which would just amount to similar if not more restrictions. But, i am not an expert on that.

All carriers seem to meddle with all android phones, as that is the nature of the open-source OS. Ironically, as it becomes less and less 'open' as each group get's their hands on it before coming to the consumer (Google -> OEM -> cell carrier). Pros and cons of Android. But, I do agree that the carriers and OEM folks need to get their butts moving with these updates and SHOULD care more about their customer complaints on that subject.

In some cases, Samsung is doing more than Android OS stock does...with their own multi-window and AllShare Cast (propriety miracast) features, for example. Perhaps the Android OS updates in the future (4.2, etc) and/or other OEMs will ultimately improve on it with their own similar features. But, at least Samsung is innovating and challenging compeition, which is a pro.

186 of 427 (6,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2012 10:49:36 AM
(0)
Mentor
There are tons of people with international version in this country precisely for this reason. You can overnight an international version at this moment and have it tomorrow. If you have followed the thread, I think your in the minority saying att did not advertise it, this I will stand on my knowledge.

And I said "maybe when" about Google.

Everyone has an opinion, but if it is not based on knowledge, for me, it just is ignorance.

187 of 427 (6,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2012 11:19:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

My complaint with the BBB is going exactly as I expected.  I finally spoke with the representative from AT&T.  I have no idea why her team would be called the "Executive Response Team" because she didn't have any information whatsoever.  She was polite enough ... I'll give her that.  But she simply stated that she did not know when the update would be released.  She was not able to offer any explanation as to why the phone was delivered without said functionality or why the update had not been released.  She did say that she would research the matter for me, but ... what do you know ... I got a message from BBB today with AT&T's pathetic response and never heard back from the rep.  I know she was full of it when she said she would research it.  I posted a counter-response stating that the issue is not resolved, but I doubt that will do much good.

188 of 427 (6,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2012 4:57:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
You should put this one your company blog, twitter, etc.
Make it public in a forum from which they can't remove your commentary

189 of 427 (5,891 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 2:49:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

There's a quick and relatively easy solution to AT&T's incompetence. Root the Note 2, then install the Saurom ROM.

The Saurom ROM is better because it supports ALL apps, as opposed to the limited few that the stock version would offer.

People are opposed to rooting phones, but I don't have the slightest clue why. This phone has been out for a whie now and other carriers already have multitasking for their GS Note II's. AT&T dropped the ball.

190 of 427 (5,668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 5:14:18 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just posted on att Facebook page, everyone needs to do this

191 of 427 (5,656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 10:49:22 AM
(0)
Contributor
Does Saurom ROM support LTE?

192 of 427 (5,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 12:40:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
All the posting on Facebook page has been done but please add to it as all the exposure hopefully will add up to something.

193 of 427 (5,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 6:26:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

dmatrox wrote:
There are tons of people with international version in this country precisely for this reason. You can overnight an international version at this moment and have it tomorrow. If you have followed the thread, I think your in the minority saying att did not advertise it, this I will stand on my knowledge.

And I said "maybe when" about Google.

Everyone has an opinion, but if it is not based on knowledge, for me, it just is ignorance.

Seriously, you have no idea who you are talking to, what I know or do not know. I am giving my honest opinion based upon recent history and researched information. Based on your many posts, it is not ignorant to say that you are complaining way too much -if not whining.

You are also wrong about this premise that you insist on being the crux of your argument. That AT&T advertised this feature. AT&T did not. Again, a lot of people took time to research this and post their findings in other related forums and around this AT&T forum. If I am in the minority, then the majority is ignorant in this case. Only Samsung (in select international markets, at least with one long Korean commercial that went over the N7100 features) and VZW advertised this feature.

You would think that AT&T or anyone would have advertised this feature immediately. It's cool and unqiue to smartphones. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 just had a commerical with the multi-window feature.

Honestly, it's about time there is such a thing. That, and I'd like them to get the next version out with a way to swipe to other open/active windows if feasible. So, trust me, I'm all for it and am frustrated too.

Not that I want people to stop bugging AT&T about why it's taking so long for them to approve this (again, supposedly them, as all other US carriers have gotten this update or some variation of it -all which include Samsung's multi-window feature). Please, continue that everyone.

Also, I know what you said about Google and it's future in cell service...it's not a bad thought or anything, but it doesn't change the fact that Google would need to play some SERIOUS catch up to compete in the cellular infrastructure dealings. Look at US Cellular, T-Mobile, Sprint...Google would be behind them all. But, hey...who knows how the game will change with VoLTE and other technologies coming. The problem again, is still the infrastraucture and how it is leased/used, along with chipsets for CDMA and GSM...and finally industry politics. So, they'd have to pay...or restrict or both...or put up it's own infrastructure. 

Some good posts in this thread had interesting theories and conjectures on AT&T's (supposed) lag. Some I've heard before in press release interpretations, news and rumor-mills, like this was done for marketing reasons. Perhaps LG made an exclusive deal with AT&T to promote their phone as the first quad-core device or first device with multi-window-esque capabilities (as they have a commerical with some director narrating how he 'uses' the translucent multi-window feature on the new LG phone). Who knows. This particular updates' testing and approval shouldn't take this long if you only consider the other US carriers and the N7100 has it without issue; so, perhaps that is a possible buisness reason of theirs that just sucks for those of us.

If YOU read the thread, YOU would see that I had posted way back at the beginning. You would notice that it has been a hot topic and people had been all over this well before the releases overseas. At the time, many who anticipated this feature -like myself, had been looking at what was going on in all forums and rumor-mills. 

The post I have on the first page of THIS thread mentioned the VZW device getting the Samsung multi-task/window features out-of-the-box. It was revealed some time later that this may indeed be true, by someone's copying of a VZW demo Note 2 photo showing Samsung's multi-window feature. I posted what I found from that VZW forum on another forum (Android Central) in detail and many others have done similar research.

Also, I mentioned that the website info and specs NEVER mentioned multi-window was included on Samsungs' own site. Not for US carriers (as each has had it's own page on Samsung's site) and, at the time, not for the international model (N7100). US carriers announce letters did NOT mention it...except VZW. Other features were not included, as you know. They were not mentioned either, for this reason. The FCC did it's tests on the US carrier models around August, and many speculated early on that the FM radio would not be included. Screen recording not included...that seemed to come from those who tested T-Mobile or the first US models and leaked that info.

We do not work at AT&T or at Samsung, so everyone is in the dark and this is all we can do. Trying to reach out to the company, checking forums, reading about the way things work in order to understand. Hopefully, AT&T monitors this thread more.

I myself am new to Android and the way things are updated. However, I knew this coming into the game. Am I disappointed at the length of time it is taking and becoming frustrated? Yes. Hey, keep bugging AT&T...if it is their fault in this case. Just know what you are bugging them about, that way you can hit the nail on the head instead of your finger, which only allows them to laugh at you and redirect the importance of your complaint. Which is: why is it taking so long to get updates approved?

I am not trying to be harsh, but I don't appreciate the allusion that what I wrote and write is ignorance or not thought-out and researched.

In anycase, AC had a recent post on this subject in general.

http://www.androidcentral.com/checkered-slow-history-stories-about-android-updates

The post is ok, although, make sure to read the comments in this one...a lot of interesting discussion...many of which had good points and detail. Some based on experience, some based on conjecture of facts, some based on subjective things. And of course, there are those who are just frustrated and vent within the discussion/debate. Nothing wrong with that. But, if you don't have anything new of substance to bring and you are still running with bad or wrong information as your premise...your posts become annoying complaints.

If you are going to complain to the companies, go ahead, it's a free country. But, when you complain, try to complain about the things that are important and/or are based on factual premises. Research first, then complain. Otherwise, the important complaints could be diminished.

194 of 427 (5,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 6:40:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

Hmmm ... strange.  I personally would consider having a model with multi-view in a store a form of advertising!

195 of 427 (5,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2012 9:50:03 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by dponte on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:56:24 PM

MichaelGerardFox wrote:

Hmmm ... strange.  I personally would consider having a model with multi-view in a store a form of advertising!

? What store?  What advertising? 

Are you refering to the person who posted about bestbuy and the display model? 

Edit: I am not using a Toshiba...I have no idea where that came from. Using a Note2, of course 

[ Edited ]
196 of 427 (5,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 23, 2012 6:10:54 AM
(0)
Mentor
Well it's been almost a month, usually they let us stew for a month then the feature appears and the thread dies. Maybe a Christmas present?

197 of 427 (5,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 23, 2012 8:23:57 AM
(0)
Tutor
Still waiting. .. Hope AT&T gets their act together.

198 of 427 (5,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 24, 2012 9:56:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Cyberjudas on Dec 24, 2012 at 10:00:28 AM

Check this link. http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-General-Device/we-dont-have-Multi-Window-View-for-galaxy-note-2/m-...  About 1/2 way down the page. Employee of AT&T says January for us. And other posts point to this date as well. I hope so . I really don't want to have to switch carriers but the lack of updates, responses to our issues and general "I don't give a (insert expletive here) attitude that they have is making the decision easier every day. They lock in their pay services so you can't UN-install them and are constantly bothered by store updates even if you hide them. Space is a premium on this phone, 16 gigs total for the OS and all the Bloat. Even installing a Micro SD doesn't help because you can't install to SD any more in android. They block things like Google wallet and remove some of the coolest features in the native Note 2. It seems that corporate greed is the new way at AT&T.  I have been a long time AT&T customer. I was with them for many years before they changed to Cingular. All they have to do to quell the noise is respond one way or the other. IT is the lack of a response that upsets most people more than anything. Have some respect for the people that support and use your products AT&T. I could go on and on but that's enough for now. Here is hoping they start to do the right thing. Happy Holidays to all.

Dponte: Please Flame on some other board. Starting arguments does nothing. People are already upset enough and your comments are not constructive at all. Either is the link you provided above.

[ Edited ]
199 of 427 (4,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 25, 2012 7:40:02 AM
(0)
Mentor
Merry Christmas or happy holidays if you don't do Christmas! FYI to att, it's been almost two months since this forum thread started and the discussion continues...happy New year soon?

200 of 427 (4,411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 25, 2012 12:06:36 PM
(0)
Contributor
It would have been nice if they would have gotten some Christmas spirit and given us the update as a nice little present...

201 of 427 (4,342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 25, 2012 9:04:35 PM
(0)
Teacher
http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-General-Device/we-dont-have-Multi-Window-View-for-galaxy-note-2/m-...

Read this forum. About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down page 1 an employee posted. I also posted it in this thread 3 posts up!

202 of 427 (4,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 6:57:15 AM
(0)
Mentor

Cyberjudas wrote:

Check this link....() About 1/2 way down the page. Employee of AT&T says January for us. And other posts point to this date as well. I hope so . I really don't want to have to switch carriers but the lack of updates, responses to our issues and general "I don't give a (insert expletive here) attitude that they have is making the decision easier every day. They lock in their pay services so you can't UN-install them and are constantly bothered by store updates even if you hide them. Space is a premium on this phone, 16 gigs total for the OS and all the Bloat. Even installing a Micro SD doesn't help because you can't install to SD any more in android. They block things like Google wallet and remove some of the coolest features in the native Note 2. It seems that corporate greed is the new way at AT&T.  I have been a long time AT&T customer. I was with them for many years before they changed to Cingular. All they have to do to quell the noise is respond one way or the other. IT is the lack of a response that upsets most people more than anything. Have some respect for the people that support and use your products AT&T. I could go on and on but that's enough for now. Here is hoping they start to do the right thing. Happy Holidays to all.

Dponte: Please Flame on some other board. Starting arguments does nothing. People are already upset enough and your comments are not constructive at all. Either is the link you provided above.

@Cyberjudas....

Really? Excuse me? Flame? Arguments? My 'comments are not constructive at all'?

I provided A link. One link to an interesting discussion about updates in general.

This...after you read a lot of constructive information of substance within my last post. Or did you not read it?

Yet, you choose to accuse me of flaming? When I had been trying to point to the logical fallacies of some of those who are  complaining totally of the wrong things? Be upset, no one is taking that away from you, BUT AT LEAST TRY TO UNDERSTAND what you should actually be upset about and take responsibility for the things that you should NOT be upset about. The feature was not advertised by most US carriers, it was not advertised by AT&T. Thus, it was NOT false advertising. This is NOT the reason to be upset. This is certainly NOT a reason to blast my comments.

Again, the issue is only a question of why AT&T has been slow to update their Note 2 model.  Especially, in light of other US carriers that have applied the multi-Window feature in one variation or another...most carriers added small 'fixes' as well, such as extra/missing toggles etc.

Now, let's look at your link, that you decided to re-post. It refers to another AT&T forum thread that had been started by a person (sorry that person for bringing them into this) who has the worst writing -as seen in the post here, below- within this entire thread. This came after an employee chimed in with the 'update in Jan' response, even alluding to Samsung as the hold up.

mlohlofftz (Visitor)
Dec 23
Okay guys I just spoke to a rep nd they have told me dat they already have it they just waiting for a permission to reales it I am doin my best for us...nd u guys know whats the part da tmobile had reales the update 2 days ago I was wow att stays behind I cant even believe it I hope this dont happen again we pay for the updates we pay for every services on att nd no body from att has responded to my post thank you guys for cooperate with me to get multi view for our galaxy note 2.

[word filter avoidance]

So, THAT was the 'other posts' you mention that talk about a date around Jan. Not exactly the best reference.

All of us can assume...since it's now 26 Dec...that this update will now come in Jan. It is pretty much understood from the history of this rollout that AT&T will officially approve it/bless it, we just don't know when and time has passed.

But, again, it was WELL KNOWN that the multi-window update was NOT going to be on this mode upon releasel. Go read xda or other discussion threads and they depict folks like myself mentioning this and other features that the N7100 may have had (or had just gotten with a quick OTA after that release) but were NOT announced or promoted by US carriers --well before the release.

We are all frustrated and this is not a revelation. Great...someone/an employee posted a cryptic note about Jan...and pointed to Samsung? Gee, now who knows. It would be nice to tell us more specifically, but maybe there is a reason -for AT&T's business and competition- as to why it has not been made public and not been released yet.

Its not as if the other US carriers don't do all the things you lamented about. It's not just AT&T.

- All US carriers released the Note 2 in only 16GB models. Seems to be a Samsung thing, as the N7100 is also not available in 32 or 64GB models. Perhaps, in the future these will be released. Frankly, it would be nice to have a 32GB model as a minimum standard. That would do just fine, since almost 4GB's were somehow taken up by the 'bloatware apps' and overlay upon Samsung's overlay upon Android 4.1.1. But, hey, my friend's Sprint model had about the same internal SD free space -11GB out of 16GB- to start, and I suspect the other US carriers were similar.

- You can disable AT&T apps, as you know. Most people choose to do this, along with disabling some Samsung apps, etc. The AT&T apps really don't take up a lot of storage anyway...very minimal. So, the question is about the overlaid code that Samsung and AT&T put on to modify/restrict Android, for better or worse. Then...there is always rooting and maybe even ROMing (aka flashing) your phone.

- Yeah, I agree it's too bad about the app to external SD card. It's NOT AT&T's fault. I think that is a Jelly Bean restriction, but for some reason I recall this may also be Samsung's restriction. Could be wrong...I'll have to check on that. I don't know the reason for this. Perhaps someone on xda-developers forums knows. In anycase, I would like to backup my apps and app data. That would have to now be done by rooting my phone (just superuser, no need to flash the ROM) and using something like Titanium Backup. The more I think about it, the more it wouldn't help too much with my Gameloft games that are 2GB or so each. I put them on the external SD and they would work? I would think apps like that -which would be the largest and best to offload when needed- would not work from the external SD card. They would have to be reinstalled, etc. So, I don't know how many apps would be worth offloading. Again...would be nice to have 32/64GB models available, but NOT AT&T's fault here either.

- Google Wallet was known to not be on US models either. Again, not just AT&T, and I don't know for sure if it's not Samsung's fault or a bug they have to fix. Perhaps xda, etc has an answer for that as well.

I don't see how this is 'corporate greed' or specific to AT&T at all. Again, you make unsubstantiated assertions and libel. Just stick to the facts and there will be no need to go on and on about things that obfuscate the actual problem and what others have said already/done their homework on.  

203 of 427 (4,059 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 11:14:43 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:24:00 AM

.... we pay for our service we pay for anything on our phone.  .......we jist want the update that all ......

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
204 of 427 (3,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 11:25:48 AM
(0)

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

205 of 427 (3,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 11:32:14 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by BMan17 on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:34:05 AM

I have a headache.....

We'll get the update when the Note III comes out....

[ Edited ]
206 of 427 (3,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 1:58:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
I am more interested in AT&T actually giving us real information. The frustration here wouldn't exist if they took the time to explain their plans. Carriers are still locked in the "we are in charge" way of working with subscribers. Someday I hope laws will be passed to put choice back into the hands of consumers.

If we had a truly free marketplace we wouldn't be stuck with this lack of response.

207 of 427 (3,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 2:49:06 PM
(0)
Explorer

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/26/att-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-multi-window/

Looks like we're getting our update tomorrow.

208 of 427 (3,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 26, 2012 3:08:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well, I don't know how much stock to put into this, but Engadget is pretty reputable so don't shoot the messenger...

AT&T to update Samsung Galaxy Note II with Multi-Window tomorrow (Dec. 27)

According to this link by Engadget, AT&T has officially sent out a statement to the tech site, which reads:

"AT&T plans to begin rolling out a software update for Samsung Galaxy Note II customers that includes the Multi-Window feature, which allows the user to divide the screen into two active "windows" creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications. The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27." 

So, take it as you may. I won't hold my breath, but I'd be VERY excited if this were true. Best part is, it's an OTA update so Kies does not have to be used.

209 of 427 (3,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 27, 2012 2:24:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

I also found this from a Google alert sent to my Email. Android Authority has always given me the most accurate information. This is a over the air update and there unaware if it is gonna be rolled out in phases or all at once. I know I just did a check for an update with no luck and I'm unable to check again for 24 hours I'll keep you's posted. Please let us know if you received your update yet. I'm a lot more happier knowing that it is coming and I'll do fine until the update reaches my phone. Not sure if this Forum helped or the calls to the BBB that I know some of you guys did or the call after call from all of us directly to AT&T but it's coming and I'm excited.  

http://www.androidauthority.com/att-galaxy-note-2-multi-window-update-coming-december-27-no-android-...

AT&T plans to begin rolling out a software update for Samsung Galaxy Note II customers that includes the Multi-Window feature, which allows the user to divide the screen into two active “windows” creating a split screen that enables fluid multitasking between applications. The update will be available for download over the air beginning Dec. 27.

210 of 427 (3,513 Views)