Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 6:25:22 AM
(0)
Teacher

@lmt1718 - Hey there.  I have yet to actually speak with the representative from the Executive Reponse Team.  I missed her original call and called her back several times only to reach voicemail each time.  She has yet to call me back!

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

151 of 427 (3,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 7:41:32 AM
(0)
Mentor
Not reallyjust because you post one thing it becomes an open invitation to be snoopy or Mcgruff the crime dog, but anyhow.
And I answered the question the way I did because obviously you were in the know about this feature when every review and person on this thread, along with the countless others regarding the exact same issue were not. So what does that say? Either your lying, or you work for att and are making an attempt to invalidate. Either way, your wrong.
I and the countless others (including Samsung and att that all of us have spoken to), are you saying that we are lying or basically stupid? I would just like to be clear of your decision to include your little nugget of information "after the fact".

In case you didn't notice, I am not pleased! I am not a happy att and Samsung customer at the moment (and I don't believe I am alone), so before you direct your written words at me, I would advise you to keep that in mind. My issue was not with you personally. If you don't like my words, don't read them, butit was rude for you to question them.

Now, you have a nice day, hope your happy with your device and back to our discussion after this little unnecessary deviation.

152 of 427 (3,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 8:11:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Maybe the new security breach in the phone that allows any app to obtain and create superuser or Root your phone with out permission will make this update come out faster since this is a huge risk to our warenties and our personal information on these phones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2050297&page=1

153 of 427 (3,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 9:55:21 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

MichaelGerardFox wrote:

@lmt1718 - Hey there.  I have yet to actually speak with the representative from the Executive Reponse Team.  I missed her original call and called her back several times only to reach voicemail each time.  She has yet to call me back!

I'm sorry you haven't been able to connect with the person who called you. If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, and the name of the person who was meant to call you; I'll contact them directly. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

154 of 427 (3,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 11:30:31 AM
(0)
Teacher

jamileh

Can you please send a word out to anyone that can assist us about this Multiview issue? 

155 of 427 (3,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 12:36:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
T mobile just announced they will activate the multi view on Dec 19th. Verizon and Sprint last month. Just saying.

156 of 427 (3,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 1:13:45 PM
(0)
Voyager

157 of 427 (3,447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 1:44:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
I just received my follow up call from my BBB claim. Was pretty much told it was ATT and Samsungs business, not ours, when the update would be ready. She was very rude and told me that it would be ready when it was ready and "sorry for any inconvenience." I didn't know that was a valid response to false advertising. My claim will not be submitted as resoluted and if ATT takes it upon themselves to do so, I will file another.

158 of 427 (3,421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 2:17:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:00:40 PM

Sorry for your experience, but thank you for your attempt.

I think people may be taking more of our discussion. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared. With the knowledge of the bbb complaints I am not sure they take too kindly to our words.  But the thing is, they are the ones that didn't follow through with what they advertised.  Upset or not is not our fault.  But who knows what has taken place in the background. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
159 of 427 (3,396 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 3:52:42 PM
(0)
Teacher

Contrary to what the retentions rep at AT&T told me, yesterday, Samsung's constant response to many inquires about multi-view on their official website, is this:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that you would like to know how to enable the multi-screen function on your phone, SGH-I317.

There are no configurable options to enable multi-screen function on your phone. 

All Samsung products are manufactured to the specifications of the service provider for whom they are produced.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System at http://www.samsung.com/support.

It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

We appreciate your continued interest in Samsung products.

This literally contradicts everything AT&T retentions told me, which was that multi-view isn't on our devices, because SAMSUNG didn't provide it to AT&T to be included on their phones. So the circle of lies, continue.

160 of 427 (3,321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 4:29:01 PM
(0)
Voyager

An ATT Executive Appeals Manager in response to my BBB complaint has also suggested thta it is upto the manufacturer when they release updates to ATT.... Dont know whos's true here...

161 of 427 (3,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 5:17:44 PM
(0)
Teacher
Whoever is responsible, it shouldnt have been advertised as a feature for ATT. Samsung wouldnt have gave the update to Verizon, Sprint, and Tmobile and just decided to withhold it from ATT.

162 of 427 (3,277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 5:47:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

When asking a manager at a local AT&T store results in her saying "I wish we wouldn't do this kind of thing, it makes us look bad," that tells me that it's a common thing for AT&T to neglect their customers in this way. If it costs AT&T money, and these phones are selling like crazy, why would they spring for a costly update? They would only do this if they actually cared about us, and it's been proven that they don't, or if enough noise is made (keep trying!).

They are likely to wait as long as they possibly can, while other bugs are found and to roll out some large update way down the road. Unfortunately, until then, we still haven't received what we paid for. I've said before that it's false advertising, and until an update unlocks the full and advertised features of my phone, it remains to be false advertising. 

We are all learning not to renew with AT&T. Thank you, AT&T, for helping us make this decision; when there are so many carriers out there, at least we know one carrier that we should NOT use.

163 of 427 (3,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 6:09:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I agree with you whole-heartedly iDrummer. I find it hard to believe that Samsung would decide to neglect one out of every carrier on the planet the multiview update. This is all At&t, and it is getting weirder by the day with this delay. I have just recently also been made aware that the photo editor has been disabled on the At&t note as well. This is very unsettling being a new At&t customer. Good grief do I feel cheated.

164 of 427 (3,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 6:38:08 PM
(0)
Teacher
I just found out that the person who called me was from the office of the president. I made it clear to various reps on twitter that I wasnt satisfied with the initial call. Im told I will be receiving a follow up call tomorrow. Really not sure what to even ask for. I know that demanding the update to be released will do nothing. I could probably get some credits on my account but thats not good enough for me. I am probably just going to try and get the ETF waived and move on to another carrier. The only other thing I would accept is maybe a phone for free. (Wouldnt mind having an iPhone 5 or Lumnia 920 as a secondary device)

165 of 427 (3,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 8:48:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

I really wish I could do that, but it's me and the wife, she uses hers for work also, so I can't do that.  But I don't blame you at all.  I, for one know I will not renew with them after this.  I don't want anything from them as they have broken trust with me.as a customer.  However, I wish you luck in your decision and hopefully you can keep us posted. 

166 of 427 (3,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 17, 2012 11:36:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

Exactly! 

Take time and place it in the wrong direction why don't they? ! They know they are wrong, and no matter, I have screen captures. 

167 of 427 (3,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 2:58:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
Hello all.

I just got my Note 2 yesterday from Best Buy and am disgusted after hearing all of this.

Multi view was the main reason I went with this phone over the new iphone. The Best Buy employee even went on and on about how great the new feature is. I even played with it on the demo unit they had. Never was there a mention of this feature not being available on at&t.

Had I known this I would have gone with Verizon instead as I get the same service and price in my area.

Thank god they have a 14 day return because this thing is going right back and I am moving to Verizon.

168 of 427 (2,964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 8:22:36 AM
(0)
Teacher

^^^ Well, you may wanna slow down, soldier. Unless multi-view is the creme de la creme for you, and you really could care less about anything else... you may want to think strong and hard before jumping to Verizon unless you do intend to get the iPhone 5 with them... which is a whole nother can of beans in its self. The VZ Note II is even more stripped down than the AT&T one, if you were considering that device.

169 of 427 (2,812 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 9:38:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

How is it more striped down

170 of 427 (2,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 9:40:52 AM
(0)
Mentor
Good point. The other carriers are no better. I would ask for an honest answer. Like..." Hey, we screwed up, we will release it two weeks, here's a coupon for a discount off your next phone" most of us aren't looking for comp, just honesty.

171 of 427 (2,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 9:48:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
I dont care about the money, just feel misled. We can blame this on Best Buy or Samsung, or AT&T but what I dont understand why someone cant take ownership of the problem, pick up the phone and get an answer from the other company and provide it to the customers.

172 of 427 (2,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2012 11:12:29 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Khemistry on Dec 18, 2012 at 11:23:06 AM

speed3422,

Here are some of the differences between the VZ Note II and all other carriers...

This was taken from an Engadget article I read. This info is confirmed, because I've seen reviews from other sites, which have stated the same thing:

1) First, Verizon took way too many liberties in altering the phone's design. The home button now houses Big Red's signature checkmark logo, and the company even found a way to cram its name in this tiny space. Not only does it stand out like a sore thumb, but the logo looks like the victim of a tragic accordion accident, scrunched up and out of place. Flip the phone over to the back and a larger version of the very same logo (along with the usual Verizon "4G LTE" symbol) is prominently stamped on the back cover.

2) Verizon chose not to include contacts for inductive (wireless) charging. This is a huge head-scratcher, since the company has been a strong advocate for wireless charging over the last two years.

3) Verizon's multi-view feature comes without support for Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube or Google Talk. In a nutshell... you can't use any of those programs/apps with multi-view. VZ claims they will be releasing an update to enable those programs to be used with multi-view, but as of now you can't.

4) Verizon has axed Blocking Mode, S-Cloud and the S-Planner widget, locked the bootloader and replaced the WiFi quick toggle with the same annoying ongoing notification we've seen on several other Verizon devices.

Not mentioned in the article...

5) Verizon also screwed everyone over, and removed the standard Samsung headphones, so no free headphones.

6) VZ is not offering the free 50GB DropBox with their Note IIs.

That's pretty much how the VZ Note II is more stripped down than the AT&T version or other models sold globally.

ARTICLE LINK: ENGADGET — Samsung Galaxy Note II for Verizon: what's different?

[ Edited ]
173 of 427 (2,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2012 7:15:30 PM
(0)
Voyager
Does anyone know if Sprints Note 2 is stripped down or is it better than at&t? I just have to have the multi-window view and im willing to do whatever it takes to get it... this is by far my worst experience of deception!!!

174 of 427 (1,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2012 7:58:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:05:21 PM

I have been monitoring the At&t multiview thread across multiple forums, and I am noticing that with T-mobile getting the update today, At&t's strategy of waiting out the consumer seems to be working, as activity about this subject seems to be dying down and many are resorting to voiding their warranties and rooting their Note 2's. This is a win-win for At&t. People just give up and accepted that At&t basically robbed us, and if you brick your phone rooting At&t does not have to replace it. By mid January, everyone will accept they were duped and simply move on. Very sad and disappointing. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
175 of 427 (1,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 4:04:40 AM
(0)
Mentor
You would think since this has been ongoing for weeks they have had time to update the silly feature and make us all go away. This is one of the most active posts. Too bad we can't get more people rolling on it.

176 of 427 (1,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 5:13:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

This sucks!  I just switched from an Iphone and was pumped for this feature.  I thought I was doing something wrong.  I was considering switching back to an Iphone and this might push me over.  I'm new to ATT - are these shenanigans common?  Is this more of an issue of when we'll get the update vs. if we get the update?  Are we guaranteed to see this feature in the future?

177 of 427 (1,734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 5:44:05 AM
(0)
Mentor
Posting on this forum will never get us anywhere. We need to go on a larger scale FB, Twitter etc.

Remember large corporations don't like negative attention.

178 of 427 (1,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 9:26:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Here's a thought. Why don't we call up T-Mobile or Verizon and find out how they pushed the Update to their customers.

Now that the heat is off of them to release the update, they might give us a more trust worthy answer. Either:

a.) They had to wait for Samsung to push it out to them (in which case we would know that the culprit is Samsung)

b.) They had to regresssion test against their own bloatware to make sure it didn't break their overlay (in which case we know, likewise, that AT&T is the culprit)

At least we can finally know which Twitter/FB feed to blast, AT&T or Samsung.

Hate to see us continue to bark up the wrong tree...

179 of 427 (1,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2012 10:41:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

mdoddio73 wrote:

Here's a thought. Why don't we call up T-Mobile or Verizon and find out how they pushed the Update to their customers.

Now that the heat is off of them to release the update, they might give us a more trust worthy answer. Either:

a.) They had to wait for Samsung to push it out to them (in which case we would know that the culprit is Samsung)

b.) They had to regresssion test against their own bloatware to make sure it didn't break their overlay (in which case we know, likewise, that AT&T is the culprit)

At least we can finally know which Twitter/FB feed to blast, AT&T or Samsung.

Hate to see us continue to bark up the wrong tree...

Change Verizon Wireless to Sprint.  The VZW Galaxy Note II had the MultiView on it when it was released.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

180 of 427 (1,587 Views)