Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012 6:04:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

It's very telling that a moderator took time to read your comment and move it to an existing thread on the topic, but not help answer the question. I take no issue with the moderator, just that ATT doesn't provide them the information needed to make people happy.

Interesting that the moderator moved the response

91 of 427 (3,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012 6:18:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
Lol, they and Samsung will still have work to do even if they do push this update(which I seriously doubt they will) quicker. I doubt they will do it in one correct setup. So I wouldn't worry about it going away to soon.

At this point, I doubt that we will even get it. That is my gut and I hope I am wrong. I also don't plan on purchasing another device for a while. My wife was interested in this one, but after all the trouble I have told her, we both just decided together that the best thing would be for her to keep her note 1. Why pour money in their pocket to basically me.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

92 of 427 (3,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012 11:17:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

hey when you talk to that AT&T respose team can you please keep us updated. Thanks

93 of 427 (3,301 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012 11:42:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

I called AT&T to complain about this and asked to speak to the retention department and once I did I explained about the forum and how there are a lot of upset people because of the missing features and after some talking he said I'll see what I can do after a minute on hold he said if I switch my plan to a non mobile share plan he would give me free messaging which is 30 dollars off a month. I told him I not gonna switch my plan I'm happy with it so go back to your supervisor and get something else after 3-4 mins on hold they took 60 dollars of this bill and 10 dollars off the next 12. So everyone else should do the same and mention this forum and that other people are saying they are getting money for the features not being on the phone. Maybe if enough people do this they'll get tired of taking all this money off our bills. If this feature does not come soon I to will be contacting the BBB. I figure they gave me 180 dollars total off my bill for the next 12 months so  I'll give them til the end of the month. I surprised at how many people are just like me and upset that the main feature Multi-view is not on the AT&T version of the Note 2. I had the galaxy S3 which my girlfriend still has and she just got the jelly bean update are phones do exactly the same thing minus the S-Pen. I bought this phone because of being able to run two apps at once. If I would have known this phone did not come with this out of box I would have waited and not pre-order it . And the price would have gone down Amazon just had it for 179.00 with upgrade and 150 with new activation.  Top things off came across this on CNET AT&T YET AGAIN THE WORST-RATED CARRIER IN U.S   http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57556144-94/at-t-yet-again-the-worst-rated-carrier-in-u.s/ 

94 of 427 (3,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012 11:49:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
This is from another forum on AT&T but with different title read AT&T response
ggoudas
Visitor
ggoudas

*********************************************************************************

My post 

My friend has a verizon brand samsung galaxy note 2 and he showed me the split screen. It is a nice feature that was touted with the quad core processor. Im frustration is the same phone AT&T branded does not have the feature. When i called support all I was told was sorry but we don't have it and don't know when we will offer it. My only recource is to email someone i don't know and have never had any previous contact with. I don't think this is an acceptable responce after i just purchased two of these devices with a two year contract and a shared data plan. Please tell me who you are and what is going on.

*********************************************************************************

AT&T's response

Thank you for the email and patience while I researched an answer to your question.  It appears this is a firmware issue.  Currently AT&T devices do not yet offer the feature in our build of firmware for the split screen; this may change with a future maintenance release but I cannot guarantee it at this time.   

Due to our fast paced environment this information can change quickly please keep an eye on our website for updates as you normally would for any of our devices.   You can find information at www.att.com by clicking support and AT&T Community there are many different customer “boards” to ask a question and find an answer. 

Again, I’m sorry I can’t be more specific; I appreciate your time and continued business with AT&

95 of 427 (3,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 3:12:36 AM
(0)
Teacher
At first I wasnt very upset about the headphones and generic box, but the more I think about it the more it doesnt set well with me. I know the headphones are probably $20 max for the official Samsung branded ones but it just the point of the whole thing. When you pay what I consider, and hopefully many others, a premium price for a device, you expect the top of the line and fully up to date experience.

96 of 427 (3,259 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 3:36:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
That is the same here. That was the main feature that made me choose this model. I could have kept my first note along with the over 200.00 in accessories that are just sitting catatonic, while I, IMO don't have the device I paid for. Thanks to them and their messing.

To boot, I cannot take it back. I held out on the word of the att and Samsung people that I spoke with that the update would be released by the end of November and I have gotten burned.

Not sitting well with me at all!

97 of 427 (3,253 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 4:38:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

https://www.box.com/s/igq285pd9u1xpgx5xdl4

Why no answers from ATT why they will not release the Multi view?  I'm just about ready to root my phone and put custom firmware that is confirmed working. I hear USA carriers limit you on what you can "multi view" also.. 

Plus, did you guys see the Note 2 with an antenna for TV? I thought it was a joke, there is a guy on youtube that does a daily Note review that was showing it yesterday.... no TV for us either :smileysad:((

98 of 427 (3,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 7:18:45 AM
(0)
Teacher

Still trying to get ahold of the person who called me from the ST&T Executive Response team.  (Of course).  But before I try again, I just wanted to get a list of the other functionalities that are not working for the AT&T version of the phone.  The only one I knew of was multi-view, but it sounds like there are others missing as well.  Thanks all!

99 of 427 (3,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 8:17:23 AM
(0)
Scholar

lmt1718 wrote:

I called AT&T to complain about this and asked to speak to the retention department and once I did I explained about the forum and how there are a lot of upset people because of the missing features and after some talking he said I'll see what I can do after a minute on hold he said if I switch my plan to a non mobile share plan he would give me free messaging which is 30 dollars off a month. I told him I not gonna switch my plan I'm happy with it so go back to your supervisor and get something else after 3-4 mins on hold they took 60 dollars of this bill and 10 dollars off the next 12. So everyone else should do the same and mention this forum and that other people are saying they are getting money for the features not being on the phone. Maybe if enough people do this they'll get tired of taking all this money off our bills. If this feature does not come soon I to will be contacting the BBB. I figure they gave me 180 dollars total off my bill for the next 12 months so  I'll give them til the end of the month. I surprised at how many people are just like me and upset that the main feature Multi-view is not on the AT&T version of the Note 2. I had the galaxy S3 which my girlfriend still has and she just got the jelly bean update are phones do exactly the same thing minus the S-Pen. I bought this phone because of being able to run two apps at once. If I would have known this phone did not come with this out of box I would have waited and not pre-order it . And the price would have gone down Amazon just had it for 179.00 with upgrade and 150 with new activation.  Top things off came across this on CNET AT&T YET AGAIN THE WORST-RATED CARRIER IN U.S   http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57556144-94/at-t-yet-again-the-worst-rated-carrier-in-u.s/ 

I'm giving this a shot today.

Talk about ponying up money, my first Note the LCD screen cracked on it a few weeks back and I had either to choose repair/replace for $250 through warranty or go big and get the Note II at off contract for $650.

So I went Note II with the thinking that multi-view was available and the #1awesome feature I wanted. No dice. I need to recoup some cash here lol...

100 of 427 (3,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 8:51:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

The other feature they won't allow with AT&T is Google Wallet for NFC payment. Huge draw-back.

101 of 427 (3,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:32:51 AM
(0)
Mentor
I'm on the phone with retention dept right now they said the mutiview update is out she on the phone with a tech to see how I update my note 2

102 of 427 (3,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:34:24 AM
(0)
Mentor
So cross y'all fingers hope she telling the truth but I been put on hold about 4 times long holds so I think she came up with something

103 of 427 (3,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:38:02 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yeah I'd be very interested. I tried to update via Kies and ota and still nothing. You may want to make sure that is not for the s3 which is model i747.

104 of 427 (3,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:44:24 AM
(0)
Mentor
They told me it's not a ota update to go to the at&t store and they will update it for me try kies first if that don't work go to at&t store they will do it for me she put it in my notes

105 of 427 (3,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:45:33 AM
(0)
Mentor
No its the galaxy note 2 I explained it to her not trying to be rude I know my phones lol

106 of 427 (3,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:49:07 AM
(0)
Mentor
No, lol! Not you.... Them! You know they're like two stones short of zero?!

107 of 427 (3,084 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 10:52:59 AM
(0)
Mentor
Ok interesting. Please share your results. I will try kies also

108 of 427 (3,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:04:29 AM
(0)
Mentor
Nothing for me with kies

109 of 427 (3,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:12:23 AM
(0)
Mentor
I tried before I came to att nothing either if she lied and got the phones mixed up I will be calling retention back mad for the run arounds and lies

110 of 427 (3,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:18:43 AM
(0)
Mentor
I bet you it's one of the latter because I just called a store locally after trying kies. I am not going to waste my has messing with them. They said that they don't have flashing machines there. I wonder if usb debugging has to be enabled, as it is turned off by default? Short of that, I don't know what it could possibly be besides a lie or incompetence.

111 of 427 (3,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:20:41 AM
(0)
Mentor
Nope! No go with that checked either.

112 of 427 (3,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:22:30 AM
(0)
Mentor
I also checked Samsung under the device support and did not see anything there as far as a software update. Just trying to cross our t's and for the i's.

113 of 427 (3,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:27:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Lol, want to catch her in a lie?

Might as well have fun with it since they're going to work us over and waste our time. Bug her about the specifics such as information such as the build date, baseband numbers and the like. I think she or the tech just lied from my experience with them.

Definitely nothing against you at all, and I thank you for your efforts.

114 of 427 (3,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:50:01 AM
(0)
Teacher

I really like the way everyone is trying their best to do as much as we can to get what we paid and expected for. Keep fighting keep updating!

115 of 427 (2,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 11:59:26 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yeah, lol, only problem is, the powers that "need"to be trying aren't doing a thing except editing and moving posts!

Sorry, I'm just getting angry at this point because I paid 300.00for this device on the day it was released. I had to run to two stores because I was a gentleman and let a guy and his son in first, with the sales person looking right at us. He then called that person before me. Guess what, they only got one in. Thirty more miles to another store and I get one to discover this issue.

Besides the fact that they keep messing up my uverse account, I'm not happy with att whatsoever. .

116 of 427 (2,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 1:15:14 PM
(0)
Mentor
She lied lol she got the s3 and note 2 mixed up smdh how u work for att and dont know the phones the second person I talk to said we wont get the update till 4.1.2 update is released but I did get a 100 dollars credit for 3 months starting this month

117 of 427 (2,889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 1:19:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

Don't be hard on AT&T. It's Samsung that has yet to push this through to AT&T as a maintenance update.  They are working on getting it out soon - just got off the phone with a Samsung tech person who also had the AT&T version of the Note 2, so I believe he knows what he is talking about.  No specific date, but he said it is not going to be long, especially he said with all of the calls they have been receiving on this specific issue. He said they are working on the T-Mobile/AT&T update now (and that Sprint and Verizon got the updates first for some reason).

118 of 427 (2,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 2:09:44 PM
(0)
Teacher
Fingers crossed, if you find anything else out keep us updated, thank you.

119 of 427 (2,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 14, 2012 2:19:15 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by cheddarnut on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:26:13 PM

I posted the question on Samsung mobiles facebook and got a reply back that they provided the update to the big three at the same time. Verizon and Sprint released multi view as a maintanence update right after they released the phones.

Funny, I got something different

[ Edited ]
120 of 427 (2,826 Views)