Posted Nov 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)
vzw never gets updates fast all their updates are way behind look at the nexus i dont think it got 4.2 yet all their stuff sucks when it comes to updates. and would you rather have a phone without multiview for now or have a vzw logo all over the phone like on the home button?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

I understand what you are saying anthony22. The problem is, that in a world where technology advances every second, your phone is outdated before you even receive it. Samsung is making a huge announcement in Jan. 2013 and CES is right around the corner. Of course the next big thing will be announced, and we will be stuck with phones that are not even currently functioning to their full potential, while at&t will be laughing to the bank with our money and signatures on the dotted line keeping us locked in. There has to be laws enacted to stop this. I am really not a fan of Apple, but they make sure that all their customers receive the same features no matter what carrier they are on. Truly feeling duped by At&t right now. This type of behavior is surely remembered during retention periods.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

, hope someone posts here..if and when the updates might happen..dont know where else to follow this issue of the missing multiview..I am  now out of contract and rather go ATT because I am grandfathered into their unlimited data plan..... but Verizon beckons....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

Guys what we really need to do is reach out to these article writers. Big websites so that our voice would be heard ibigger. They wont reply to any fb posts and they simply dissappear due to the amount of recgular complaints about home phone eta on their page. There is no dedicated AT&T mobile fb page. Lets reach out and email these article writers and help spread the word. Some of these writers don't have any clue that we do not have any of these features. They are based on other carriers that have all of them already. help spread the word and reachout to these article writes and spread the links

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

acooper56 wrote:

I understand what you are saying anthony22. The problem is, that in a world where technology advances every second, your phone is outdated before you even receive it. Samsung is making a huge announcement in Jan. 2013 and CES is right around the corner. Of course the next big thing will be announced, and we will be stuck with phones that are not even currently functioning to their full potential, while at&t will be laughing to the bank with our money and signatures on the dotted line keeping us locked in. There has to be laws enacted to stop this. I am really not a fan of Apple, but they make sure that all their customers receive the same features no matter what carrier they are on. Truly feeling duped by At&t right now. This type of behavior is surely remembered during retention periods.

The huge announcement at CES 2013 is probably a television or smart appliance.  Samsung already has a major event planned for April 2013 for a phone announcement.  Samsung may hint at a new phone at CES, but I don't expect specifics until April.

Apple can't guarantee the same functionality across carriers, either.  Being able to talk and use cellular data at the same time is a big deal to some people, and AT&T is the only carrier (that sells the iPhone) that you can do this on.  This was a hardware decision by Apple which to me, makes it worse than carrier interference.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)
I think the issue is just that AT&T doesn't care. I also post it on the Facebook page of AT&T and 1 of the things I noticed was the program that was controversial and they pulled their advertisements. . So I don't understand what the problem is. I keep trying to dig and dig and come up with nothing myself. Just like the rest of you. This will definitely be remembered by mean when my contract comes up for renewal. Also if when I have to purchase another phone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)
I will go pre paid if I have to as this is annoying. Has anyone checked whether there have been any complaints with either the bbb or ftc? I read something regarding an issue with a carrier doing something similar, but not as overt. However, there was a case filed.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

Hey everyone.  Since slamming FaceBook failed to yeild a response, I have filed a complaint for deceptive business practices to the Better Business Bureau.  I would encourage everyone else to do the same.  (Just for my own gratification, I also posted on their FB page that I had done so.)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 11, 2012
(0)

I think alot has already  filed with the BBB. I still think reaching out and having article writers write about the problem is still the best way to get the point across.

Also would we get in trouble by making a page about AT&T Samsung galaxy note 2 users page on facebook?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)

well this is interesting. According to samsungs page it is pending for the 4.1.2 update scroll down to USA AT&T I747

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry/Note-II-JB-4-1-2-CRS

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)
Interesting to say the least. .

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)
And I don't think you would get in trouble for creating it, but the problem would be the people that post to it. Just like all things, the attempt is noble but others could ruin it.

And the pending status to be honest could mean not much. Just a notice that is in the works. But that in the works could be next spring before it is actually on our devices. That is the problem that I see.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)

true. I also think that even if samsung provides the 4.1.2 update to AT&T, AT&T will still stall and test it out with their worthless blotware apps. I honestly think the multiview update was already given to AT&T. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)

I called Samsung and ask them about the update to the Note II, and they said the update was available  to all the note II carriers at the same time. Then it is up to the carriers to make it available to the subscribers. He all so said that this update does not require any changes to the bloatwares they install. 

So basically At&t is just sitting on their butts. The only way around this for Samsung takes that power away from the carriers, and allow the users to use Kies to provide the updates from Samsung website. Examples (iOS and Nexus)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)
That's how from what I understand it is going to come is via Kies and not OTA.?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)

Just curious, does anyone have any guesses why or how att might benefit from not giving us the update if they already have it? 

Ps-I called att and with in 7 minutes I got $30 off my bill for the next 6 months for the frustration and missing had phones. Make sure you speak directly with retention

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
I just purchased this $300 phone and to be disappointed that it doesnt bring the multitasking window and the Draw on image option. Like the commercial shows lebron james kid drawing on a photo .<br><br><br>ATT PLEASE UPDATE THIS ASAP. $300 !!

Why doesnt my brand new Galaxy note 2 have multitasking or draw on image !??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
ATT PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR FORUMS AND PLEASE UPDATE OUR $300 PHONE. PLEASE UPDATE IT WITH MULTITASKING AND THE DRAW ON IMAGE OPTION

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Ok I just figured out how to do the draw on image. But please fix the multitasking

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
For me, I, at this point just want a feature that I paid for.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

I just spoke with an ATT rep about this, he agreed it was crappy of them but failed to give a decent explanation of why we don't have it yet, but said we can expect it soon. When I pressed him for when "soon" is he said poissibly by the end of december, definitely before the end of january. His best guess would be early to mid January. So, not that it's great news, but at least it won't be as bad as some of the previous updates that I waited nearly a year for (like my SII skyrocket to get ics).

(I also filed a BBB complaint about it, but I'd be pretty sure they will answer all the BBB complaints about this with some vauge generic "we're trying, it's coming soon" answer for now then update them as resolved after the update comes out in a month-ish that way it won't affect their BBB ratings  in the long run at all anyways...) 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

keep spreading the word and keep fighting guys alot of people are. everybit helps and you are not the only one

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

I don't think it's a thing of where they would benefit. I am not sure what the issue is to be honest. As a person that, like you all, has deadly with updates, I cannot see a reason why, with the exception of maybe not the bloat, but something att is trying to do (possibly locking the boot, etc) is affecting it.

I agree, and if it were that the carriers did not mes with things, and just be a provider of a service (instead of doing all these dumb tweeks, additions, etc, and allow us to decide what we want on our units from them), maybe, just maybe, the devices would perform better, thus leading to an overall lower return rate?! And also, a speedier firmware process? But that's too much like right. After all, you pay for a service and actually get the service? Heavens forbid!!

I don't know, but they aren't doing anything that can't and isn't going to be done anyhow. It's the customers like us that are suffering, not the root community. I work in it and I know how to do it, it is very easy. But I'm trying to be a customer and recieve what I paid for. If I wanted to tinker, I would go back to testing/beta for the manufacturers.

I just know that I paid for a device with a certain feature set that was advertised and supposed to be there and functional "AT TIME OF PURCHASE"! Not a week later, a month later, a hour later, etc, and that has not been delivered or the case at all. And on such a nice device at that! Is sad really that they have *** Samsungs vision and technology which IMHO is out of their realm.

If they would have left it alone with the radios, just so it would work the way it was intended and placed their branding on it, that would have been enough! It's designed to work on their wavelengths! They didn't have to go in and mess up/with the feature set! I'm tired of the "free but not free"thinking process when it comes to most things and this is no different.

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

Just spoke to a rep. The sad thing is they have no idea they say... It may be a marketing strategy is what one rep said. I just wonder how is the marketing being helped by denying headphones and key feature to the customers...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

HA HA HA HA HA HA .... I filed a complaint with the BBB and, what do ya know, I actually got a call from the AT&T Executive Response Team.  Of course I missed her call and when I called back I just got her voicemail, but it's progress.  Based on what everyone else has said, I'm sure I won't get a straight forward answer, but I am interested in hearing what they have to say!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Lol, as we all know, they don't have a clue. This is higher up division making (bad decision making) at work. I know I have spoken to too many reps from Samsung and att. I am not going to waste another of my minutes or bandwidth I with reps.

That is good that someone called you back. Please let them know about everything it may be a one shot deal? ! Let them know about (like the don't already know) every feature that Samsung designed in it, that has been pulled out. Please!?!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
I also filed a complaint with the BBB. Havent received a call yet. Filed one on ATT and one on Samsung. If the next iPhone has at least a 4.5 inch screen Im going back to ios for this exact reason. I love my Note 2 but this whole update thing that Android desperately needs to sort out has definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

Just curious how many actually filed a claim and if you received a call, how long was it after you filed your claim?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
I really respect the fact that people are taking a stand and filing complaints and letting at&t know of their disappointment on forums and the such. The only problem I see with this method is the fact that one the update is received, everyone will be satisfied and move on. I think companies like at&t need to be reminded on a consistent basis that this type of behavior will not be accepted. I will continue to press this issue even after the update is released.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Make sure you are compensated. I got $30 off bill every monthfor the next 6 months

Also ask them why?

The why is what really gets me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

The 747 is the GSIII