Posted Nov 6, 2012
1:38:58 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

Phonedog review of actual AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Nov, 5, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5I16_L23o&feature=player_embedded

When will AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 recieve the MultiView firmware update?

Other USA carriers have either already released this important update (Sprint) - or will ship with the MutliView Update preloaded (Verizon)

426 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 30, 2012 6:33:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
Att this point, I am just going to just accept that this is how a. And Samsung treats customers. The only way for me to protest, and they still don't care, is to remember. All of the people that I had talked up my first note and att, I have already expressed my frustration and disappointment. Not only in my carrier, but the combination of hardware and carrier vendors, and the bad thing is I, like many others work in IT, so handling difficult situations with a canned or simply "ignore"response, Idon't have to spend my money with them.

I just at this point don't want to be bothered. I'm not going to post anything, ask anyone, and if any survey is sent my way, it will reflect the poor to incompetent service I haven't recieved.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MultiView firmware - WHEN?

31 of 427 (14,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2012 10:50:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is a clear-cut case of false advertising, period. Our only way to combat this is to ensure that we, and as many others as we can convince, never buy another Samsung product nor have any dealings with AT&T. Enjoy your last two years of stealing from me, ATT. I'm leaving and taking my group plan members with me.

32 of 427 (13,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2012 4:37:53 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree, a simple, rough ETA from someone at AT&T would be nice for the Multiview update.  If they won't do it anytime soon, I'll simply root and install a custom ROM with multiview enabled if needed.  It will rid me of AT&T's applications as well.  On that note, hmmm....

33 of 427 (13,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 2, 2012 7:04:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

You can't really blame Samsung. They probably already provided AT&T with everything they need. AT&T just hasn't decided to release yet.

34 of 427 (13,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2012 4:41:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

No, we should also blame Samsung. See how Apple manages this stuff. They don't let carriers put their logos on iphones, change their packaging, wreck the ios, and steal  the headphones.

35 of 427 (12,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2012 5:45:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Keeping this conversation (regarding AT&T's false advertising, lack of support, and lack of communication) active keeps it fresh in search results. Keep posting your opinions and complaints about this issue. If there are other places you post, make time to add a negative note for them there as well. If/when we finally get the update that the rest of the world and other carriers have rolled out, I will continue to complain about AT&T. Maybe they'll eventually hear us.

Or, maybe they want us to void our warranties by forcing us into a root situation in order to get the phone as it was advertised by them in the first place.

36 of 427 (12,455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 9:07:23 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just had a "live chat" with an AT&T "support" representative,  Here is their response:

XXXXXXX: Good Morning! Thank you for contacting AT&T, my name is Tania Richardson and I can help you today.
I will be happy to help you today, Can I please have the wireless number, account holders name and the last 4 of the ssn or password on the account?

You: Hey. I have a Note 2. I love the phone but am very upset that it was not delivered with multi view (as it wa
s advertised) Can you tell me when the firmware update for multi view will be released?

XXXXXXX: I am very sorry it did not come with the options you were looking for, the software updates are done by Google. YOu can try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have this information.
You: Then why would all of the other carriers have it already?

Error: Error while contacting service

Don't know if he disconnected my session or if we just got disconnected accidentally, but I never got an answer to my second question.

37 of 427 (12,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 9:46:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just had a chat session with someone from Samsung.  Here is what I got from them:

Keith : Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: Hey there. I have a Note 2 (AT&T). I love the phone but am very disappointed that I was not delivered with multi-view. Can you tell me when the firmware update that delivers this functionality will be released?   Keith : Hello!   Visitor: Hey. Did you see my message?   Keith : I understand that you are unable to use the Multi View option on the phone. Is that correct?   Visitor: Yes   Keith : I am sorry to know that.   Keith : I will be glad to assist you.   Visitor: I did some digging and found that apparently the firmware has not et been released for AT&T.   Keith : I understand your concern.   Keith : Would you mind If I take 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?

Visitor: Sure. No problem   Keith : Thank you.   Keith : Thank you for being on hold.

Keith : I have checked with the details, I am sorry to say of know we do not have information on when the update will be released in order to use the Multi View. However, when the update will be released it will be displayed on our Samsung web site and also you will receive a notification on the phone.   Keith : I apologize for the inconvenience.   Visitor: Can you tell me why it has been release for other carriers but not AT&T?

Keith : I have re-checked with the information, I apologize as of know we do not have information on why the update is not available for AT&T carrier. I would surely help you if I had the information.

38 of 427 (12,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 10:29:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

Can't blame the support person in this case however, the fact ATT doesn't even have a month in mind for release is frustrating.  It's probably something like ATT making sure their packaged apps are MultiView compatible.  Even if this was the case, they could release a base version then an update that includes their app compatibility.

39 of 427 (12,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 6:41:32 PM
(0)
Mentor

strange, my GS3 had the mobile data toggle...note 2 is missing.

strange, my GS3 had the mobile data toggle...note 2 is mi...

40 of 427 (11,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 6:58:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:59:36 PM

cheddarnut wrote:

strange, my GS3 had the mobile data toggle...note 2 is missing.

The AT&T Galaxy S III doesn't have the mobile data toggle after the Jellybean update.

You can use Widgetsoid to give you a data toggle widget.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: strange, my GS3 had the mobile data toggle...note 2 is mi...

[ Edited ]
41 of 427 (11,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 7:03:06 PM
(0)
Mentor

Verizon - win all features and free headphones

Sprint- win all features and free headphones.

ATT- fail. No Multi window, no mobile data toggle, no headphones. 

The sad thing is we would all wait happily if someone from ATT would just post and honest answer then deliver as promised. You know like this:

" Hey guys, here is the deal. We dropped the fancy box and headphones to save money, the mutli window and data toggle gave us some trouble so we dropped them. We will add them back some time in the next 6 months, but by then most of you will be on to another device...so sorry about that." 

At least we would know for sure whats going on, most carriers really miss the point of the updates. ATT rarely responds to anything, but at least Samsung answers back, they have responded to all my posts and questions.

TWO MONTHS without the main thing that makes this thing unique

42 of 427 (11,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 7:29:43 PM
(0)
Mentor

All the other carriers have multi window. Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, where are you ATT?

Why no multi window?

43 of 427 (11,963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 7:39:01 PM
(0)
Mentor
Wow, good catch, just noticed it.

Re: strange, my GS3 had the mobile data toggle...note 2 is mi...

44 of 427 (11,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 8:29:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

First they take out the earphones and give us a crappy box for 300$, then they won't even tell us if they even have the update. AT&T really failed this time... all they focus is on their crappy AT&T Navigator, locker, etc. which I disabled once I got my hands on the phone.

45 of 427 (11,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 5, 2012 10:47:18 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by elantric on Dec 5, 2012 at 10:47:56 PM

BTW - there was a recent AT&T Locker update that is a manual install.

At Android Forums (Phandroid) many AT&T Note 2 users discovered the latest  AT&T Locker update drains the battery at a higher rate, as it forces frequent pinging the AT&T Locker Cloud Server  = faster battery drain.

Removing the  AT&T Locker update restores the Note 2's exceptionally long battery life.

[ Edited ]
46 of 427 (11,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 6, 2012 3:04:00 PM
(0)
Teacher

For anyone reading this thread who is equally as perturbed and who has a Facebook acount, please blast AT&T on this on their facebook page as well.  From the posts I have read on there, it seems that they have "Social Media Managers" monitoring that site and periodically intervening and answering questions.  Maybe if they see enough posts on this issue, someone will actually answer.  Thanks!

47 of 427 (11,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2012 1:51:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
Bump just to keep it live. I have not rooted and still await an answer.

48 of 427 (11,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2012 1:57:15 AM
(0)
Teacher
Everyone needs to keep blowing up ATTs Facebook page.

49 of 427 (11,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2012 2:04:13 AM
(0)
Mentor
And yes, the locker is a battery drain. I just removed my update after I read it, and battery life returned to normal. I will search on Facebook for att. But the information is strange, as the update for the gs3 was released via Samsung through kies. So I am not sure exactly anymore if it is att. All of the updates for this and other issues seem to be coming via kies, which is Samsung. But, their had to be a lesson between the two in order to get the updated firmware to each device. Somewhere there had been a kink in the chain.

One of the Pecos posts mentioned some of the att bloat. I'm guessing now that since for example the International model does not come with any carrier software, it is easy. The is phones all have some level and just by the look of things, I think possibly (just a guess) that att done something that Samsung didn't care for. All devices are released now seemingly last or near to lay on att, updates for Att seem to be last. Either that or is simply a matter of their programming for their applications. Either way, just letting people know, is better that just being silent, at least for me.

I'm a previous bionic owner, and this is looking very similar, which really doesn't feel good.

50 of 427 (11,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2012 6:31:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hey everyone.  Please blast AT&T's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ATT?fref=ts .  I'm not expecting the immediate release of the update or anything, but I don't think an answer is an unreasonable request!

51 of 427 (11,250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2012 6:04:04 AM
(0)
Explorer
Good thing I didn't do an early upgrade for my wife for this phone. Consumer Reports said Verizon has the best customer satisfaction.

52 of 427 (10,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2012 5:23:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

Talked to a local At&T rep about our issue. He, and his manager were pretty quick to say that they wish AT&T wouldn't pull this kind of crap that makes them look bad and makes their job more difficult. I was surprised to hear them turn on their own employer so easily. They had not heard of any expected update, and ATT informs them ahead of time when one is on the way. So, that's bad news.

53 of 427 (10,548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2012 5:27:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm thinking about going back to the ATT store and talk to someone else. I'd like to see how they handle it if I ask for a refund for my phone, since it doesn't work as it is supposed to... must be broken, right? I can now get the phone half price elsewhere...

54 of 427 (10,546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 8, 2012 6:41:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

Att has a 14 day policy, otherwise they will tell you to stuff it. Not in so many words, but you will leave with your phone.lol.

Att has a 14 day policy, otherwise they will tell you to...

55 of 427 (10,519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 9, 2012 2:44:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

I posted a comment, but no response. At least Samsung commented back the next day. 

56 of 427 (10,262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 9, 2012 10:02:04 PM
(0)
Teacher
Everyone needs to go on AT&T facebook and post asking why are they not updating like the the other carriers. Multi window was a feature that was advertised as being on the note 2. Also like other status of other AT&T customers complaints about multi window. Ive seen they do answer post they just need enough of us to voice our complaints and just maybe they'll do something. I have a status on there my name is lee thomas like it and add your own. This the feature that made my decision to buy this phone and won't stop complaining til they add it. Thanks

57 of 427 (10,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2012 6:32:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

Glad to se everyone slamming AT&T's Facebook page.  I just added another message as well.  Keep it up everyone!!!!

58 of 427 (10,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2012 6:50:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes! I posted a long one this morning - hopefully people will keep it up so we can get some answers and an update soon to finally get what we were promised!  

A friend of mine - a Verizon customer - complained to them about one of them representative not providing her father with all the right information, making him switch plans (unlimited to the 2gb) just to make a sale. The promised info from the representative was an issue and she complained. VZ, after it was explain - they gave her 2 months free for ALL 5 lines under her account.   AT&T adverstises with a promised product and we get screwed like no other! Someone must be enjoying those headphones also...we sure aren't!

keep posting on their page!  Facebook | Google +  | Twitter    - or/and any other place where people are complaining about them.  

59 of 427 (10,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 10, 2012 11:04:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by elantric on Dec 10, 2012 at 11:05:37 AM

Its possible that WHEN the Note 2 MultiView update finally arrives, it will NOT be distributed OTA, instead it may be neccessary to use the Samsung Kies app - same as the AT&T Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean 4.1 update was distributed.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-S-III-Update-to-Jellybean-now-availab...

Time to get acquainted with Samsung Kies.

[ Edited ]
60 of 427 (9,921 Views)