The Samsung Galaxy S24
hertzsae's profile

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 7:38 PM

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

actually that is a carrier restriction as well.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

yes but the other uses do not play as an important role as credit card payment, hence why att has tried to get on the bandwagon as they are after the credit card processing fees that will bring in millions if not billions of dollars if a large enough class of customers adopt the technology fully. This is why google is trying to push the technology so hard and why att and the other 2 are trying to also get a slice. ultimately the customer suffers because they want to fight over money.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

http://www.change.org/petitions/at-t-allow-google-wallet-on-all-nfc-devices#

It seems many companies are responding more to these petitions, let's get AT&T to respond too!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Isis is crap. They said they would release it, delayed it, and they said it would go nationwide within 6 months. It still isn't even accepted everywhere in Salt lake city and Austin. They should give us a choice. I'm pretty sure you're violating the first amendment or something, AT&T.We only pay you to connect us to internet and phone, not to block apps and have bloatware you think we will use, as well as being updated to android 4.1.2 like a year after it's released. One my contract expires I am definitely getting a Nexus device so I can use google wallet and get regular updates.

Besides, if isis isn't even nationwide yet, how can it be the "New standard" or whatever you call it?!

Oh yeah, and get that 4.1.2 update out to us Galaxy S3 owners, the rest of the carriers have the 4.1.2 but we don't yet. I am very dissapointed AT&T.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

agreed and if we confront them on it we will get the run around when in all fact is they basically dropped the support (so to speak) for the i777. proof in the pudding is that isis is out and still no support and dont forget the fact that the i77 suppoedly has support for fm radio. on top of that does anyone from att read these forums

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.