The Samsung Galaxy S24
hertzsae's profile

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 7:38 PM

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be.  PS: Censorship isn't nice either att. They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

11 years ago

@WantsGWsomuch wrote:
There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be. PS: Censorship isn't nice either att.They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.
[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I believe Isis is owned by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. One could probably argue that they are illegally colluding to keep others out of the market by only allowing Isis on their networks.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

We should be able to choose on our own AT&T, we don't need you acting like you know what's best for us. If we don't like it we don't install it. I hate google for forcing us to keep apps on our phone, or I guess apks is more approprate, that we never use. However, I may hate you more for not giving us a choice.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

why At&T block google wallet with no isis wallet nation wide yet and may not get it for years

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I want Google wallet!!!!! I pay my bill every month on time, I never go over my limit and I have had at&t for over 10 years! I love the coverage and the LTE is lighting fast. UMTS is amazing too. I just do not like the fact that YOU AT&T get to decide what I can and cannot do with my phone. It is MY phone not yours!!!!! Give me and the other country wide users what we deserve! ISIS is the worst thing to hit the android market since it was created!

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

11 years ago

FYI:  Mastercard has something very similar to Google Wallet.  Check out Mastercard website.  Maybe att won't block this.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Looks like att will be losing my business again. Bought this phone to replace my old nexus and was looking forward to keep using my google wallet to find out soon as I got it wallet was not supported and then mysteriously it is now gone from my google play app store. Att sucks and since they like to be control freaks im done with them. They throttle data flow, drop ur calls radomly even though u have a full signal, give government access to ur phone records without a warrent and now blocking google wallet that I had the pleasure to use on my Nexus and sprint carrier. Looks like sprint will be getting my business back after all. Ill see if sprint will buy my contract out if not ill just wait. Done with att for good this is an evil greedy company.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Ive been an att subscriber since 1999 left them for sprint because they started to get worse as rhe years went on with dropped calls n data throttling. Sprint was good except spotty coverage in areas thats why I came back to att but sprint just finished a major network upgrade so they should be better now its sprint or tmobile im going too never again will I make the mistake of coming back to att as I have talked my entire family and friends to ditch att for other carriers lol. Thats the power of the subscriber. Word of mouth and more bad user experiences will do this company in finally. Unblock google wallet or I can be a force to be wreckend with since im shackled like a slave to ur company with a contract. I have a voice and will make it loud and lead a massive boycott against ur company to change ur evil anti-competative greedy ways. Ur stupid isis wallet sucks and isnt even supported anywhere so let us the subscribers have access to the competition.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I concur, this is relevant to the conversation as this is a limitation of the carrier not the android system and its support and is a request to unlock it.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I also would like for google wallet to be enabled

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.