Posted Aug 1, 2012
12:38:41 PM
View profile
Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

55 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(55)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2012 9:11:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S3 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today.

Re: Request for Google Wallet

31 of 56 (9,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2012 1:18:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh come on whats the point of nfc on my note2 if I cant use it......Please enable it now.....

32 of 56 (8,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2012 8:18:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I want Google Wallet on the Galaxy S III like everyone else.  However, NFC has more uses than just Google Wallet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 56 (8,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2012 6:52:43 AM
(0)
Teacher

+1 for me.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  First of all, this is anticompetative.  The consumer should have a choice.  Secondly, I probably wouldn't mind as much if AT&T's version (ISIS) was available.  AT&T! AT the very least, allow Google Wallet for now until ISIS is available.

34 of 56 (8,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2012 7:40:52 AM
(0)
Coach
Edited by Phil-101 on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:17:44 AM

The NFC chip can do more than just Google Wallet. But this isn't a discussion about "AT&T please let me do stuff with my NFC chip", its a discussion about one of the reasons I bought the phone being blocked by AT&T because they allegedly have their own project in the works.  And keep postponing it.  I don't think the carrier should be able to block what apps I install on my phone - it's my phone.  Maybe when their app finally comes out, **** will carry it out on a big golden buffet platter for all of us Wallet-wanters to feast on and apologize we got angry about it, or maybe it'll be a terrible random-crashing app that leaks my credit card info to Anonymous so they can post it online somewhere.  Either way, I should be able to choose which one I use.  AT&T: You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
35 of 56 (8,666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2012 6:20:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
I agree that it's anti-competitive. Feels like it's illegal. What department of the government would collect such a complaint? The FTC?

36 of 56 (8,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 9:13:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

I too would like to be able to use Google Wallet on my HTC One X+

37 of 56 (8,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2013 8:41:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
Google wallet is exactly what I was looking for. It is an Android app for an Android device. My Galaxy SIII has the appropriate hardware. Why can't I load it and use it? ATT, please change your policies regarding application censorship. If your loyal customers (in my case, a customer of more than 20 years with residential phone, mobile, uverse, and internet) want to load a competing app onto their phone, let them! If your app (ISIS) is better, we will switch to it. If it is not better, it is doomed to failure anyway.

38 of 56 (8,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 1:50:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
I too will be looking for a new service provider. I have been with AT&T for many years and to have them tell me what apps I can and can not use on MY device is unacceptable.

39 of 56 (8,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2013 3:41:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
Get a nexus and stop complaining

40 of 56 (8,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 25, 2013 9:26:03 AM
(0)
Contributor
It dose not matter what atnt comes up with I DONT CATER TO PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE OR HARD WARE thats why I dont have an iphone or apple anything for that matter. So just do yourselves a favor atnt let us use google wallet!!!

41 of 56 (7,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2013 11:18:56 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:27:28 PM

There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be.  PS: Censorship isn't nice either att. They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.

[ Edited ]
42 of 56 (7,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 1:43:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:26:52 PM

WantsGWsomuch wrote:
There must be some form of law broken by them stopping us from installing software we have access too. Especially when it is out there for devices of completely identical nature and specs. I suppose I should just wait until Google has their own phone company and just drop att. No carrier deserves money from this form of treatment. If you want someone to use your product, make it better than the other products out there. This is nothing more than pure, lazy, evil, unacceptable, greedy, poor sportsmanship, cowardice, and probably illegal; and if it isn't, it really should be. PS: Censorship isn't nice either att.They were nothing more than hard criticism of the company. You are walking on thin ice, and I'm probably not the only one here when I start walking towards and ice pick.

I believe Isis is owned by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. One could probably argue that they are illegally colluding to keep others out of the market by only allowing Isis on their networks.

[ Edited ]
43 of 56 (7,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 7:57:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

We should be able to choose on our own AT&T, we don't need you acting like you know what's best for us. If we don't like it we don't install it. I hate google for forcing us to keep apps on our phone, or I guess apks is more approprate, that we never use. However, I may hate you more for not giving us a choice.

44 of 56 (7,722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 6:39:01 AM
(0)
Contributor
why At&T block google wallet with no isis wallet nation wide yet and may not get it for years

45 of 56 (7,582 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2013 6:20:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I want Google wallet!!!!! I pay my bill every month on time, I never go over my limit and I have had at&t for over 10 years! I love the coverage and the LTE is lighting fast. UMTS is amazing too. I just do not like the fact that YOU AT&T get to decide what I can and cannot do with my phone. It is MY phone not yours!!!!! Give me and the other country wide users what we deserve! ISIS is the worst thing to hit the android market since it was created!

46 of 56 (7,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 6:28:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

FYI:  Mastercard has something very similar to Google Wallet.  Check out Mastercard website.  Maybe att won't block this.

47 of 56 (7,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 6:35:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
Looks like att will be losing my business again. Bought this phone to replace my old nexus and was looking forward to keep using my google wallet to find out soon as I got it wallet was not supported and then mysteriously it is now gone from my google play app store. Att sucks and since they like to be control freaks im done with them. They throttle data flow, drop ur calls radomly even though u have a full signal, give government access to ur phone records without a warrent and now blocking google wallet that I had the pleasure to use on my Nexus and sprint carrier. Looks like sprint will be getting my business back after all. Ill see if sprint will buy my contract out if not ill just wait. Done with att for good this is an evil greedy company.

48 of 56 (7,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 6:45:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on May 10, 2013 at 7:09:31 AM

Ive been an att subscriber since 1999 left them for sprint because they started to get worse as rhe years went on with dropped calls n data throttling. Sprint was good except spotty coverage in areas thats why I came back to att but sprint just finished a major network upgrade so they should be better now its sprint or tmobile im going too never again will I make the mistake of coming back to att as I have talked my entire family and friends to ditch att for other carriers lol. Thats the power of the subscriber. Word of mouth and more bad user experiences will do this company in finally. Unblock google wallet or I can be a force to be wreckend with since im shackled like a slave to ur company with a contract. I have a voice and will make it loud and lead a massive boycott against ur company to change ur evil anti-competative greedy ways. Ur stupid isis wallet sucks and isnt even supported anywhere so let us the subscribers have access to the competition.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
49 of 56 (7,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 8:58:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

I concur, this is relevant to the conversation as this is a limitation of the carrier not the android system and its support and is a request to unlock it.  

50 of 56 (6,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 9:01:05 AM
(0)
Tutor

I also would like for google wallet to be enabled

51 of 56 (6,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 9:04:38 AM
(0)
Tutor
actually that is a carrier restriction as well.

52 of 56 (6,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 9:10:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
yes but the other uses do not play as an important role as credit card payment, hence why att has tried to get on the bandwagon as they are after the credit card processing fees that will bring in millions if not billions of dollars if a large enough class of customers adopt the technology fully. This is why google is trying to push the technology so hard and why att and the other 2 are trying to also get a slice. ultimately the customer suffers because they want to fight over money.

53 of 56 (6,567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 8:24:25 PM
(0)
Voyager

http://www.change.org/petitions/at-t-allow-google-wallet-on-all-nfc-devices#

It seems many companies are responding more to these petitions, let's get AT&T to respond too!

54 of 56 (6,324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 9, 2013 5:24:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

Isis is crap. They said they would release it, delayed it, and they said it would go nationwide within 6 months. It still isn't even accepted everywhere in Salt lake city and Austin. They should give us a choice. I'm pretty sure you're violating the first amendment or something, AT&T.We only pay you to connect us to internet and phone, not to block apps and have bloatware you think we will use, as well as being updated to android 4.1.2 like a year after it's released. One my contract expires I am definitely getting a Nexus device so I can use google wallet and get regular updates.

Besides, if isis isn't even nationwide yet, how can it be the "New standard" or whatever you call it?!

Oh yeah, and get that 4.1.2 update out to us Galaxy S3 owners, the rest of the carriers have the 4.1.2 but we don't yet. I am very dissapointed AT&T.

55 of 56 (6,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 3:23:58 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by ichey103 on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:26:34 PM

agreed and if we confront them on it we will get the run around when in all fact is they basically dropped the support (so to speak) for the i777. proof in the pudding is that isis is out and still no support and dont forget the fact that the i77 suppoedly has support for fm radio. on top of that does anyone from att read these forums

[ Edited ]
56 of 56 (4,506 Views)