The Samsung Galaxy S24
hertzsae's profile

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 7:38 PM

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

YES YES YES!!!  I've never HEARD of such a thing.  Blocking an app... FORCING us to use your product.  Who knows?  I may like your product better!  But the least you can do is give me the friggin' choice!  This is America!  I thought we were better than that.  AT&T you can't fathom how irate I am with you right now.  I switced from the iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S3 and the ONLY reason I did so was to use the Google Wallet app with the NFC capablity.  IT'S A GOOGLE PHONE for Android's sake!!!  How are you going to block a Google Product?!  That's like someone buying an iPhone and you blocking the use of FaceTime... Oh... Wait... :^/ you did that too.  We need freedom of choice here AT&T!!!  If you don't fix this you better believe when my contract expires so will my LONG STANDING relationship with AT&T.  I've been a loyal customer for well over a decade... Sad that you are going to lose so many customers over this single issue.

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

12 years ago

@JacKalGQ wrote:

YES YES YES!!!  I've never HEARD of such a thing.  Blocking an app... FORCING us to use your product.  Who knows?  I may like your product better!  ...

Even worse is that Isis has been delayed, so they don't even have a product to force us to use.

http://gigaom.com/2012/09/13/isis-delays-launch-of-payment-system-no-date-announced/

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Add my voice to the call for Google wallet on supported devices. I bought my Galaxy S3 because one of the main features I wanted was Google Wallet. Come to find out the only way I can use it is to spend hours hacking my phone because AT&T wants more of my money. 

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I would really like Google Wallet. Why is it available for Verizon and Sprint but not AT&T? Please give me a time frame if and when this could happen. Thanks

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

I so 100% agree with you. Totally insane.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Agree with you on every level. At&t will lose customers just because on blocking? I really bought my samsung Galaxy S3 for the same reason.

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

11 years ago

If you want ISIS to compete with Wallet - fine - but don't lock out users form having choices!

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Count me in too! I want Google Wallet on my new Galaxy Note 2

And please enable MultiView on that deveice too!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S3 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.