The Samsung Galaxy S24
hertzsae's profile

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 7:38 PM

Request for Google Wallet

AT&T please allow google wallet to install on our phones. I have a Galaxy S2 i777 which I bought hoping that I'd be able to someday use the NFC chip. Google just made their wallet app awesome today. From my understanding AT&T is the only reason that I can't install it.

They call it death by a thousand paper cuts. This isn't the reason, but it's added to a list of many that I'll be shopping for new carriers when my contract is up if you don't start changing you policies.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, I would like to be able to use Google Wallet on my i777 as well.   Please enable it.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

AGREED! We should have a choice since the AT&T supposed pay app is taking way too long. Make it available for the Galaxy S3

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Add me to the chorus of those who wish to use Google Wallet on AT&T devices!

Scholar

• 

50 Messages

12 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

AGREED! We should have a choice since the AT&T supposed pay app is taking way too long. Make it available for the Galaxy S3

Even if AT&T's pay app ever comes out, we should still have a choice of which pay app to use. I pay AT&T to connect me to the internet and phone networks. That shouldn't force us to let them in our wallets as well.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

@hertzsae wrote:

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

Even if AT&T's pay app ever comes out, we should still have a choice of which pay app to use. I pay AT&T to connect me to the internet and phone networks. That shouldn't force us to let them in our wallets as well.

Yes I agree!

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

12 years ago

To be honest what at&t is doing (and any of these carriers for that matter) in blocking Google Wallet is anticompetitive [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Teacher

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Use of this feature shouldn't require warranty breaking hacks or running ROMs that support it.  Not all users are capable of figuring out how to do it, and it provides unnecessary headaches for those that do.

There is no legitimate reason to not allow Google Wallet to run on our devices.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Signed.  I cannot think of a single reason to block the app except anticompetitiveness since they are afraid that everyone will use GW instead of their own baby ISIS.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

12 years ago

Google wallet will never work on the sgs2,note,or skyrocket..

Google wallet requires a secure element which none of the phones have... It's a chip in the phone that Google wallet needs to work... If you get Google wallet installed, it won't work and will just give you an error..

Our only options are 1) upgrade to the s3. Root the phone and modify a few files.. 2)wait for isis or 3) wait for secured element Sims to be sold and hope somebody modifies Google wallet to use the sim.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

12 years ago

The phone carriers should not be allowed to dictate what we can and can't use on our phones.

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.