For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
socalgirl2014's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 9:52 PM

Purchasing unlocked phone

So I have been a customer with ATT forever (seriously) and I currently own the Lumia 920 Windows Phone, I can't stand this phone. We all know HTML5 is best and flash on Andriod is no longer supported etc. - but no one is changing their websites and no one is creating apps for this windows phone  - so you are extremly limited as to what you can do with the phone - pretty much only text, speak and visit websites with no bells or whistles and that's it, at least with an Adriod there are more apps than you will ever need and with Puffin and Dolphin browser able to view flash - anyhow /rant off (sorry it is frustrating).

Anyhow - I am going to purchase an unlocked Huawei phone which says it will work with the 4G/LTE ATT network.

And I just need to double check...am I only removing my sim card from the Lumia 920 and putting that sim card into the new unlocked phone and I am good to go and it works like normal - or do I need to call ATT and let them know anything??  I of course already have the same data/text/talk plan that I have had for many years.

Oh - also - I still have my old Galaxy S phone, while I wait for the new unlocked for to be delivered, am I able to just put my sim back into my old phone and use that for the time being, or would that require a call to ATT also?

thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

You can move your SIM freely between these phones without having to call AT&T as long as the SIM card they use is the same size. Since Lumia 920 is using a Micro-SIM and Galaxy S is using a regular (Mini) SIM, you'd need either a new SIM or an adapter.

I don't know which Huawei phone you're interested in, so make sure it does indeed support every LTE band needed by AT&T. If it does and you were getting LTE on your 920 you should have no problem (outside of SIM size) moving the SIM.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

Perfect - thanks so much for the explination regarding the micro and mini as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Jolla phone could be the one u need  check it out,, it comes from the open source projet by nokia that almost got squashed by microsoft.   it is the culmination  on the meego project    ,it was started by the once nokia  open source people who started a new phone company called Jolla. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

@linuxxr
According to the specs, the phone will not get US LTE. It has 3 bands, none in common with US carriers.

That doesn't rule out the idea (which is awesome). Have you looked at the one plus one?
https://oneplus.net

Made in the USA and compatible with all carriers. I know there are a few running on AT&T as the owners have posted on this forum.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:
@linuxxr
According to the specs, the phone will not get US LTE. It has 3 bands, none in common with US carriers.

That doesn't rule out the idea (which is awesome). Have you looked at the one plus one?
https://oneplus.net

Made in the USA and compatible with all carriers. I know there are a few running on AT&T as the owners have posted on this forum.

The OnePlus One certainly looks like a good phone; and it has received some really positive reviews.  However, in the interest of accuracy, it should be noted that this phone is NOT made in the USA, it is made in China.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

You are correct, it is assembled in China. It is compatible with all networks.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.