Posted Aug 21, 2013
Pantech Flex dialing 911 by itself

I bought a used Pantech Flex for my niece. Worked fine for a week, but a couple days ago, it started dialing 911 on its own. Weird, but true. We have even received several calls from the police about these calls. Last night, I took the phone and put it in the drawer of my bedside table to make sure no one was inadvertently touching it - and it made four 911 calls from the drawer.

Is there a way to disable emergency calling? I can't find it in the settings. Or does anyone have another idea?

Pantech Flex dialing 911 by itself

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 23, 2013
(0)

Hello, joann23456!

Is the phone still unintentionally calling 911? Have you tried taking the battery out? You may want to do some basic troubleshooting. Just click on the link below to find a troubleshooting guide. Make sure you select the correct device from the list.

Device How To

If that doesn't help, we recommend you send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Be sure to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. It might be a good idea to include an alternate phone number, just in case. Please keep in mind that it may take up to two business days to receive a reply, but this team will work very hard to get your problem fixed.We definitely want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Pantech Flex dialing 911 by itself

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 27, 2013
(0)

If the phone was purchased from AT&T (either an AT&T company store, or online/by phone) you can exchange the phone for a new one within 30 days of purchase at a store.  After that, you need to send it in for repair, and you might get a refurbished unit back.  So I would advise taking advantage or the 30-day exchange policy, if it still applies to you.

You can try to power the phone off by pulling the battery, as suggested.  Or do a factory reset.  But other than that, I'd just return it for a new one.  This is a pretty serious malfunction, and one I wouldn't mess around with too much.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pantech Flex dialing 911 by itself