The Samsung Galaxy S24
DanielHoz's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 7:48 AM

PUK Code for LG Thrive needed (now living abroad and want service)

I have been trying to be in contact with AT&T and I feel like I should get a PUK Code for my LG Thrive as I now live abroad and AT&T Service will not help me here... Right now, I am only able to use Emergency Services on the device (as it is Prepaid) and there should be no reason I should not get my code. I understand that if someone had bought the device on contract, there should be limits, but Pay as You Go is different, you are paying the full cost of the phone and so you should be in control of your carrier. AT&T has great service, but I just cannot use that service here and will not pay for using it abroad when I know I will make my move to be closer to family in the Holy Land.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Ann154 wrote:
Wouldn't the LG Thrive be one of AT&T's "exclusive" phones? They might not give you the unlock code in that case.
I'm not sure if he's trying to get the phone unlocked along with obtaining the PUK code, but AT&T will give him the PUK code to make the phone somewhat usable. The PUK is a SIM card error, it doesn't have much to do with unlocking the phone to use it on different GSM carriers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

13 years ago

I agree with Wild Banchi. It sounds like the OP is seeking the subsidy unlocking code, not the PUK code. The PUK is for enabling the SIM after it's been locked out by a bad PIN (I think).

PUK: You should be able to get this online yourself, within your AT&T account/login. I'm pretty sure I saw it there at one point recently.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Contact customer service at 1-800-331-0500. I don't know if you would be able to reach them from outside of the United States, but it's definitely worth a shot. They should easily be able to give you the PUK code for your Thrive and have it unlocked working in at least somewhat good order (don't know if you can fully use it there...)

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Wouldn't the LG Thrive be one of AT&T's "exclusive" phones? They might not give you the unlock code in that case.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.