The Samsung Galaxy S24
purnimd's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012 8:26 AM

No mobile data toggle button in the swipe down menu after jelly bean update

I just received the much delayed jelly bean update for my Samsung GS3 SGH-I747 via kies. But I can't find the mobile data on/off toggle button in the swipe down notification center. Rest of the toggle switches are present as was in the ICS version. Only the mobile data button is missing. I use it all the time and it's really annoying to go to the settings every time I want to turn it on or off. Anyone here facing the same problem or I'm the only one? Do I have to do it manually? Please help.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Although you can use a third party app to put a widget on your homescreen, it looks ugly. I don't know if AT&T will ever provide an OTA to fix this. Sprint, T-Mobile have that button even after JB update. I've checked it. Also my LTE speed is screwed after the update.  

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Power Toggles is a pretty good free app I added after the JB update. Created a 2x1 widget on the 2nd screen with toggles for tether, mobile data, wifi and the flashlight. There are more options but this is what I chose and doesn't take up much space. Btw we lost mobile data but gained driving mode, which the other carriers had in 4.0.4...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too have this problem and to make it worse... it seems that I am not getting LTE4 coverage reliably anymore.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I FOUND A BETTER WAY TO TURN OFF YOUR DATA OFF AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOUR PHONE IS SLEEPING. DOWNLOAD THIS APP:

JUICE DEFENDER --Place the settings on aggressive and it turns data off when phone sleeps but wakes it up as soon as you wake the phone up. At&t did this on purpose so that people would use more data to later increase prices based on usage reports and internet traffice. Every company does this! I like Att though. Verizon and Sprint suck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I FOUND A BETTER WAY TO TURN OFF YOUR DATA OFF AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOUR PHONE IS SLEEPING. DOWNLOAD THIS APP:

JUICE DEFENDER --Place the settings on aggressive and it turns data off when phone sleeps but wakes it up as soon as you wake the phone up. At&t did this on purpose so that people would use more data to later increase prices based on usage reports and internet traffice. Every company does this! I like Att though. Verizon and Sprint suck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I WANT MY MOBILE DATA QUICK BUTTON BACK!!!

[word filter avoidance]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Me too. Apparently at&t wants to do anything they can to run up your data usage. I called Samsung and even they were unaware of that. Most clients don't know how to go into their settings. Completely inconvenient. At&t is becoming more end more shady

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

It was removed by samsung.  They tried to stream line that menu and thought it was not needed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.