Posted Dec 4, 2012
12:26:45 AM
View profile
No mobile data toggle button in the swipe down menu after jelly bean update

I just received the much delayed jelly bean update for my Samsung GS3 SGH-I747 via kies. But I can't find the mobile data on/off toggle button in the swipe down notification center. Rest of the toggle switches are present as was in the ICS version. Only the mobile data button is missing. I use it all the time and it's really annoying to go to the settings every time I want to turn it on or off. Anyone here facing the same problem or I'm the only one? Do I have to do it manually? Please help.

No mobile data toggle button in the swipe down menu after jelly bean update

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 7:36:22 AM
(0)
Contributor
Yes, me too. I could not find mobile data on/off toggle, really annoying to switch on/off from settings. :smileysad:

Re: No mobile data toggle button in the swipe down menu after jelly bean update

2 of 19 (22,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 10:07:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have checked in youtube. The international one, Sprint and T-mobile version have the toggle button after jelly bean update. What's wrong with the AT&T update?

3 of 19 (22,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 3:34:15 PM
(0)
Voyager

I too am missing the mobile data toggle off/on and wish it was there.  Any techie have an idea how to re-introduce it to its rightful place?  Please post here if you have any information on this...  Thanks, F.

4 of 19 (22,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2012 9:55:15 PM
(0)
Mentor

I found a quicker way than Settings->More Settings->Mobile Networks->Mobile Data, which is just Settings->Data Usage->Mobile Data, but it's still pretty darnn annoying that it's not just on the menu at the top where it used to be. I use that button all the time before.

5 of 19 (22,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 5:30:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is really annoying. I use that button every single day as I go in and out of wifi areas. Is AT&T trying to get people to use more mobile data by burying it in the settings?

6 of 19 (22,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 4:11:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

I also used the switch daily.  If I knew they were removing it, I would have stayed with IC.  Any news?

7 of 19 (22,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 5:05:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I use the Widgetsoid widget on other phones.  This widget has an option for a mobile network toggle.  I use the free version and it suits my needs well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 19 (22,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 5:27:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DataSwitch widget works well for me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 19 (22,209 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 9:05:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is anyone else tired of AT&T's constant control of what they "think" is best for their customers?  I should be able to remove all of the AT&T apps WITHOUT rooting my device!.

Removing the data toggle is completely unacceptable!  I'm hoping it was just an oversight.. but really, probably just another way to increase profits on selling data plans.

Get with it AT&T or this long time customer will be moving to another carrier!

10 of 19 (22,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2012 9:07:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
Where is it in settings.. I dont see a toggle at all anymore... uggh

11 of 19 (22,089 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 12:13:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

Although you can use a third party app to put a widget on your homescreen, it looks ugly. I don't know if AT&T will ever provide an OTA to fix this. Sprint, T-Mobile have that button even after JB update. I've checked it. Also my LTE speed is screwed after the update.  

12 of 19 (22,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 3:33:43 AM
(0)
Teacher
Power Toggles is a pretty good free app I added after the JB update. Created a 2x1 widget on the 2nd screen with toggles for tether, mobile data, wifi and the flashlight. There are more options but this is what I chose and doesn't take up much space. Btw we lost mobile data but gained driving mode, which the other carriers had in 4.0.4...

13 of 19 (21,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2013 11:09:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

I too have this problem and to make it worse... it seems that I am not getting LTE4 coverage reliably anymore.

14 of 19 (20,881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 10:23:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

I FOUND A BETTER WAY TO TURN OFF YOUR DATA OFF AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOUR PHONE IS SLEEPING. DOWNLOAD THIS APP:

JUICE DEFENDER --Place the settings on aggressive and it turns data off when phone sleeps but wakes it up as soon as you wake the phone up. At&t did this on purpose so that people would use more data to later increase prices based on usage reports and internet traffice. Every company does this! I like Att though. Verizon and Sprint suck.

15 of 19 (14,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 10:23:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

I FOUND A BETTER WAY TO TURN OFF YOUR DATA OFF AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOUR PHONE IS SLEEPING. DOWNLOAD THIS APP:

JUICE DEFENDER --Place the settings on aggressive and it turns data off when phone sleeps but wakes it up as soon as you wake the phone up. At&t did this on purpose so that people would use more data to later increase prices based on usage reports and internet traffice. Every company does this! I like Att though. Verizon and Sprint suck.

16 of 19 (14,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2014 9:11:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:45:56 AM

I WANT MY MOBILE DATA QUICK BUTTON BACK!!!

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
17 of 19 (7,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2014 11:41:22 AM
(0)
Contributor
Me too. Apparently at&t wants to do anything they can to run up your data usage. I called Samsung and even they were unaware of that. Most clients don't know how to go into their settings. Completely inconvenient. At&t is becoming more end more shady

Me too. Apparently at&t wants to do anything they can to...

18 of 19 (663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2014 7:37:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

It was removed by samsung.  They tried to stream line that menu and thought it was not needed.

Re: Me too. Apparently at&t wants to do anything they can to...

19 of 19 (605 Views)