For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
avasherr's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 26th, 2015 1:17 PM

Lockscreen password nightmare on S4

I tried to turn on my blocking feature yesterday, was rocking a huge migraine, which I still have, and this morning, went to check phone for missed calls or messages to discover in all my "pecking and changing" yesterday, I have put ON a lock screen password.  
My screen says "Enter Password" 
which I try typing anything I can think of, because I did not put this feature on my phone ON PURPOSE
only to never get it right of course. After several attempts it starts locking me out for a time period.  

I have NO CLUE how to stop this horror show.  Anyone that could help me, please do so.  It would suck to have to start from a factory reset, but it wouldn't kill me.  I would do that, as a last resort. 

Thank you. 

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

@avasherr wrote:

I tried to turn on my blocking feature yesterday, was rocking a huge migraine, which I still have, and this morning, went to check phone for missed calls or messages to discover in all my "pecking and changing" yesterday, I have put ON a lock screen password.  
My screen says "Enter Password" 
which I try typing anything I can think of, because I did not put this feature on my phone ON PURPOSE
only to never get it right of course. After several attempts it starts locking me out for a time period.  

I have NO CLUE how to stop this horror show.  Anyone that could help me, please do so.  It would suck to have to start from a factory reset, but it wouldn't kill me.  I would do that, as a last resort. 

Thank you. 

You're at the last resort. The whole point of a lockscreen is to protect your data, so it's not really possible to get around it. If it were, your data would be completely accessable by anyone who stole/found your phone.

Hard reset it. Google your phone model and "hard reset" to find the combination of buttons to press to do the hard reset/wipe.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I figured it out!  

And of course it was a fluke LOL  (I was on my laptop, since I had locked down my darn phone worse than Fort Knox Smiley Frustrated ) I was searching in {google play} for lock screen delete, clicked on that wheel looking thing at the right, and it popped up Android Device Manager.....I am always dangerous....especially when I have a headache 😮  
lockscreen delete.png
 Then another screen pops up, ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER, I clicked "LOCK" and ---here's where I didn't write down the exact directions, but it contacted my phone and allowed me to reset the password, and believe me I picked a (4) letter password this time.  Then it magically UNLOCKED......I had to go into {{settings,My Device, Lock screen, and change to NONE}} here....but I am back in business, THANK GOD.  Thank you for the supportive message, day 3 into a migraine and then my phone didn't work.  ARGH.  I am also very ill, and my elderly parents would have soon realized I wasn't answering my phone and feared the WORST.....so I feel like this aged me 5 more years. LOL  Great knowing there is help out there in the world.   I'm an e BellSouth Cellular Corp (loooong time, right LOL) employee myself, but in FINANCE DEPT.  lol....  THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! 

2 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.