The Samsung Galaxy S24
chung_c1's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2013 3:22 PM

LG Optimus G Pro - problem with GPS turn on with no reason

My wife has been noticed that the LG Optimus G Pro will always enable the GPS during incoming or making outgoing call with the phone.  The problem is causing the phone to drain the battery and there is no way to stop this problem.  I searched the web and some people experience the same problem with no help from AT&T and LG.  Has anyone experience such problem?  Is there a solution?  Some people need to get a replacement phone to attempt fix the problem.  The problem started in late August and it has been progressed without solution.  My wife's phone is only 2 months old and I do not want to get a refurbish phone in such a short period of time...  Is there way to exchange new or other phone after 2 months?  I do not mind to pay a bit more to change it...  I hope there is a solution out there to fix the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I tried to click that link and it tells me that I don't have the privledges to see that post...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I need a better answer.  The link above is now blocked, no access allowed, at least for me.  This is the 3rd LG Optimus Pro phone that I know that has this problem.  The issue appears to kick in about a month after owning the phone, at least for me.  AT&T claims to know nothing, although I'm sure they have something to do with the issue.  All phones that I know that have had this problem are all new.  The only solution is to constantly restore to factory, no one has time for that.  Turning on the WiFi setting as suggested in a couple of posts gives them permission to GPS you, which is what I don't want.

Any other solutions or answers to this mystery?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

THAT got SOOOOooo Annoying! FINALLY I FOUND the solution!!! Here's what  you do,

1. Click on Settings

2. Click on Apps

3. Click on Android System

4. On the "IQ Agent, Click STOP!

BAM! Works! 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Do these steps:

1. Click on Settings

2. Click on Apps

4. Click STOP on IQ Agent.

Worked for me, and my Optimus Pro G 😉

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Do these steps:

1. Click on Settings

2. Click on Apps

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Do these steps:

1. Click on Settings

2. Click on Apps

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Do these steps:

1. Click on Settings

2. Click on Apps

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yes, I have the same problem!  when I click the link it tells me I don't have sufficient priviledge....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

"1. Click on Settings
2. Click on Apps
4. Click STOP on IQ Agent."

Did those steps, Got to android system page, NO LINK TO IQ AGENT, SO OUR OTHERWISE!

Tired of battery drain from distant restarting of GPS.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.