The Samsung Galaxy S24
kopykat's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 7:12 PM

LG Optimus G Pro OS update?? Any?? If Ever??

So, what happened to supporting this phone?  Which was once a flagship phone..  Any chance of this phone getting a more current version of Android?

Too bad this is a great phone!  Most under rated phone in AT&T's line up.

I am blaming this on AT&T since this phone was an AT&T exclusive.  There is no other carrier variant.  I feel it is up to AT&T to push LG to update the OS.

K

Former Employee

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

Don't give up yet.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I won't..

Holding strong!

But would like to see something by 2nd quarter of next year at the latest.  I'll give them time after release of LG G2 KitKat update..  Supposedly March of next year..

Late,

k

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Don't hold your breath. LG is notorious for not upgrading it's phones. AT&T also didn't promote these phones like it deserved. The LG Optimus Pro has pretty much been abandoned since the G2 came out. Every other forum I've been to, including LG's has no mention of our phones ever getting beyond 4.1.2
Either root your phone, get a new one, or live with it until you can get a newer phone. I know for myself, I will never get another LG phone, this was my 1st and last!

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

10 years ago

I had the Optimus G (non-Pro) and after experiencing issues following the 4.1.2 update, I moved to the HTC One.  As other user mentioned, now that G2 is out that's the focus. 

This came from an IBT article dated 12/14/13:

No Kitkat updates are expected for the LG handsets until March 2014 when the LG G2 will get bumped up to Kitkat. Otherwise, the firm hasn't made any announcements for other devices.

That means Optimus G Pro users shouldn't expect KitKat (or any update) until after March.

Unlike Samsung and HTC who have posted aggressive update schedules for SEVERAL of their top-selling phones, LG will work backwards only once the G2 rollout is complete.  This is an issue I've discussed in detail with SEVERAL AT&T Tech Support reps, some more receptive to feedback than others.

On another note, found this article, thought it could be helpful in case you are experiencing any of the noted issues...
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-optimus-g-pro-problems/

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Announced, LG Optimus G Pro update to android 4.4 coming by end of second quarter, which means  probably around June \July, announced by lg india, plus it has now been leaked from two different sources with pictures!!! this was a flagship model, if it doesn't get the update for some unknown act of god...i will be leaving att for good and taking with me my five phone family.  But i am not that worried, cause more and more sites are confirming the update for the optimus g pro,  yay!!!! 

Keep fingers crossed

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the update. I'm right in there with you and set up Google Alerts so I'm up on the latest on getting a KitKat update for the Optimus G Pro. So far, all the newest alerts are duplicates from the same source. Hopefully, we hear something new soon.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

That is good news!

I was loosing faith..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Contacted lg. They said they have heard nothing from AT&T about an update for the Optimus G Pro.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi so i have a at&t lg optimus pro that im using on t mobile network but i see there is a 4.4 kitkat ota up date from at&t but when i search for update under settings it tells me my phone is not registered. I dont think this is fair & i shouldnt be blocked or denied a update just because im using my phone on a different carrier. I would like some help please from someone at att.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Your out of luck.  The updates are issued ota.  Your not connected to the Att network.  I would find a friend that has Att stick their Sim in phone and update or goto Att and see if they will let you use one of the display phone so!s

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.