jamileh's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 2:33 PM

Jelly Bean Update Now Available for Sony Xperia TL

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7788063

Beginning March 12, customers with a Sony Xperia™ TL will be able to download theAndroid 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update for their smartphones.

The latest version of Android software, Jelly Bean makes your smartphone easier to use through several enhancements, including changes to the notification display that group updates from the same application together, and allow you to expand or collapse notifications.

Customers will also be able to view the full text of an SMS message and the full photo of a MMS in the notification window. 

Additionally, event notifications display more of the event description to let you quickly see relevant details without having to open the app, and you can even snooze or dismiss an individual event from within the notificatio

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

You should read through the Sony Forums regarding the JB update to the Xperia T. A lot of people are having many problems  w/ the JB on their T and TX; http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia_t_tx

I am not all too sure whether or not to update, considering all of the problems. Has anyone updated yet? What is your experience? Would there be any way to undo the upgrade should I not be satisfied with the performance of Jelly Bean?

Guru

• 

725 Messages

11 years ago

@CSULA21 wrote:

You should read through the Sony Forums regarding the JB update to the Xperia T. A lot of people are having many problems  w/ the JB on their T and TX; http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia_t_tx

I am not all too sure whether or not to update, considering all of the problems. Has anyone updated yet? What is your experience? Would there be any way to undo the upgrade should I not be satisfied with the performance of Jelly Bean?

That's odd...  Everyone I've talked to who has tried the .489 update on the T has had positive things to say about it.

Don't know how bad the AT&T-mangled version for TL will be.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

Updated a little over a week ago and so far am pleased with the update. There are a few features that I am happy with:

1) The option to add more homescreen pages

2) More camera options

3) Improved Facebook integration

4) More stable Wifi

5) Added options for call sound quality

A few features that I'm not happy with:

1) New layout for phonebook/call pages. The white is terrible!

2) Lockscreen in addition to PIN lock screen! So annoying having to swipe the screen just to get back into my phone before the lockscreen has timed out!

3) Battery drains a bit faster

4) Camera quick launch freezed phone if used in quick succession. Was at a sporting event last weekend and wanted to take quick snaps, after about the 3rd time of launching the camera using the camera button within 3 mins. the phone froze up! Had to do a reset. After the 3rd time, I stopped using that action!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Had the update directly from sony about a month ago, had major problems with rebooting, and eventually Touch screen no longer working, I had to use the Sony app to go back to the previous version of the OS. Got new update and as of 2 days ago my phone started to randomly rebooting, and sometimes stop responding. I have to restart the phone when it does stop responding. As of today my phone has randomly restarted on its own 3 times, and been unresponsive once. BTW I have had no problems at all with previous version of OS

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

This has been a great update for me so far. The phone is faster than before and smoother too. Great new features.

Here are the issues I'm having:

1. The Small Apps revert to to the default setting after each restart. I have to manually re-add any downloaded Smart Apps each time the phone is turned on. This is annoying.

2. Mobile Bravia Engine is not working in the Album app. It does work in Movies however. I was able to correct it by installing a higher version of Album from a generic firmware system dump. So the problem appears to be a bug in the Album app itself.

I performed a software repair using Sony Bridge for Mac and the problems still exist.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Started to have the same issue with the update as I described before with one exception.

Here it is:

Phone is connected to Charger,

Connected via BT to BT speaker (happens even when it is not)

Playing music, All of a sudden audio and performance starts to jolt (speaker is 2 ft away from phone, Phone has Full 4G LTE conection)

Then Phone restarts on its own. (does not happen on the same song/artist/album it is truly random)

Happens 2 or 3 times a day.

So far the Touch screen is still working.

What I have tried to fix it:

Master reset phone, Deleting all apps/settings/and even using different MicroSD memory card.(8GB, 16GB, 32GB)

Reverting to previous OS and phone works fine,

Re-upgrade OS and usually within a week or Max 2 it happens again.

Tired of this. Please fix the Update or if someone has a tip. At work so typing this quickly while on a break, If you suggest something I have done I will just respond that I have done it.

(PS I work in Tech Support for a major company that deals with wired/wireless devices. and Support phone problems with our companies devices, I know this a problem with the phone not the BT Speaker)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hello, I have updated my perfectly fine James bond phone to the jelly bean and have experienced screen locks and reboots many times daily. Also universal charge cords aren't recognized now and won't charge phone. Sony has had me try repair thru Sony PC companion and hard /soft re boots, all for not. I'm now given a RMA# to return phone for repair which will take up to 2weeks.(I pay shipping) I was informed this only option its not possible to remove update.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.