Posted Jun 11, 2012
Htc one x - new - "mobile network unavailable because it is disconnected"
New phone will not let me access Internet outside of wifi. Any advice?

Htc one x - new - "mobile network unavailable because it is disconnected"

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 11, 2012
(0)
Enable data on your day device. Typically under settings, more, data
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Htc one x - new - "mobile network unavailable because it is disconnected"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 13, 2012
(0)

Just go into an AT&T store if you can't figure it out yourself.  They may have incorrectly provisioned your account for data, or a problem with the SIM card.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 15, 2012
(0)

Sound like an easy thing to fix. Call them.

I wouldn't worry.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jun 21, 2012
(0)

This is a problem that has been occuring alot. I too, have the same problem and so do many people who own the one x and are connected to O2. The only difference is that they have it fixed. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/HTC/HTC-One-X-Manual-APN-Settings-Solution-Found/td-p/225729 

Does anyone here know how to adapt this solution so that it can work for att users?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 14, 2012
(0)
Having same problem can anyone help.....please

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
(0)

MissEm32 wrote:
Having same problem can anyone help.....please

Go to an AT&T store or call customer support (611 on your AT&T phone).  Its likely your account was not provisioned correctly for the APN settings on the phone.  For instance, if you just swapped the SIM from another phone into the One X, or if you didn't add LTE to your account (no charge), or they didn't add LTE to your account properly.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 12, 2012
(0)

A possible fix...."Settings" --> "Mobile data" --> "Access point names" --> Access the "Menu" --> "Reset to default". 

MY ISSUE: "Disconnected because service is unavailable" within the "Mobile data" field.  I would have to reset my phone on a daily basis because I would loose 4G LTE data. 

I contacted HTC and they told me that I would have to perform a factory reset in order to resolve the issue, this was not a definite fix. 

I had contacted AT&T and I was always provisioned for data.  I swapped SIM Cards, this did not make a difference.  Resetting the access point names seems to have resolved the issue.    

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 9, 2013
(0)

This sequence worked for me.