Posted Sep 11, 2013
7:39:59 PM
How to turn off the AT&T greeting sound when Galaxy S4 powers on?

Hello,
How can I to turn off  the AT&T greeting sound I hear every time my Galaxy S4 powers on?
thx!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 12, 2013 2:27:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not gonna happen without root, as you'll need access to system files to get rid of or change that sound.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How to turn off the AT&T greeting sound when Galaxy S4 powers on?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Sep 12, 2013 2:27:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not gonna happen without root, as you'll need access to system files to get rid of or change that sound.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to turn off the AT&T greeting sound when Galaxy S4 powers on?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 12, 2013 6:13:48 AM
(0)
Contributor
Ok. Thx for the info.
Bummer... so whoever designed this "feature" might think we all work in loud nightclubs or something similar.... I guess....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2013 5:28:46 AM
(0)
Explorer
Ahhhh. Rooting answers everything. Actually not. Download All-in-one-Toolbox Pro ( yes it has the dashes) I got the paid version. Go to "settings", "startup settings", "enable silent boot" and it silences both startup and shutdown. Works perfectly fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4. And all without rooting.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 13, 2013 8:52:02 AM
(0)
Explorer
And Iborges, if for some reason that doesn't work for you, you might try out this other app that I just now found in Google Play. Interestingly enough is called "Silent Boot", (or hey, you might want to try this app out first with a name like that) it worked for my SGS4 also. Hope this helps. Happy NOT-rooting.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 16, 2013 11:15:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

2yumans wrote:
Ahhhh. Rooting answers everything. Actually not. 

Rooting does provide the answer in this case.  Just not the only answer.

Thanks for providing the non-root answer.

[ Edited ]