The Samsung Galaxy S24
smjb's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 7:14 PM

HTC one X plus stops receiving calls

I'm on my 2nd HTC One X plus in less than 2 weeks.  The 1st phone worked out of the box, then 4 days (could have been sooner) inbound calls stopped reaching the phone.  Callers got ringing then a switch to a busy signal or a message that call couldn't be completed.  Nothing reached my voicemail and the phone showed no missied calls or voicemails.  AT&T switched out the sim, the phone then worked for 2 days and again stopped receiving calls.  I could receive texts and call out.  Went back to ATT, received a new phone that worked for 1-1/2 days and now today is not receiving calls.  It either rings (8-10 times), then goes busy, or rings 2-3 times and gets a "unable" to connect message.  I really like the rest of the features of this phone, but if it won't receive calls it does me no good.  Is anyone else having this problem or had it and found a solution before I return it again?  Thanks. 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@wilcre wrote:
give the info below a try and see if that resolves your issue for you.

Open dialer

Type *#*#4636#*#*

go to phone info

near bottom change wcdma preferred to wcdma only

Bear in mind if you go to somewhere that has no 3g coverage you will have no signal at all and this change will drop off after a reboot

Buy/Upgrade 4G LTE device (pay $200, 2 year contract) & then downgrade the phone setting to WCDMA ?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Buy/Upgrade 4G LTE device (pay $200, 2 year contract) & then downgrade the phone setting to WCDMA ?

Don't worry, that didn't actually fix the issue as it would not hold the "downgrade" switch to WCDMA. The other solution of going into the phone settings by entering the *#*# etc... and selecting the US radio bands does fix the problem. AND it still works on LTE.

Steve

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

@contactparag wrote:

Any idea how to fix GS3 ?

My sister has a GS3 from tMobile. I will check hers out to see if the *#*# etc... string gets me into phone settings. I read earlier this code does not work for Motorola models. So I will update to let people know if the Sammy's have the same phone settings code. I also still have my old phone - a GS2 Skyrocket that has ATT LTE so if my sister's phone doesn't pan out (TMobile does not have LTE) maybe I can find something out that way.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I think there is a Play Store app called network (among others it looks like) which will let you select the radio network without typing the info string in the dialer.  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=33013250&postcount=3

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Hello all,

I have been having this issue since last 2 months. I have done everything as per AT&T's guidelines but nothing worked. (changed SIM, changed phones, factory resets) Even after all this AT&T is not ready to admit its fault. And they are treating this issue as "User Issue"

I have posted on AT&T's facebook page and I seem to be getting responce from AT&T. I also received a call from AT&T public relations this morning. If you all can comment about your frustration on the link provided below and describe that you are having the same issue, we can get good visibility and hopefully solve the issue. If not, we can include media like Engadet, The Verge and others to get media coverage. Please comment your issue on the link below. Thanks a lot in advance.

http://www.facebook.com/ATT/posts/10151354193843909

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't visited the forum for few days but the  *#*#INFO#*#*, USA bands seems to fix the issue for me as well. Now the phone rings almost immediately after 1-2 rings. Lets see how it holds for me.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I've tried the USA bands numerous times and as far as I can tell, it has absolutely no effect on my phone. Is there any way to actually tell if the settings on the phone have actually changed?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have tried all of the above steps which did not help the problem.  I switched the user to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the missed calls continued.

The error is an AT&T LTE issue with Android 4.0 and higher phones.  AT&T have been aware of the problem since July 2012.  The trouble ticket the RF engineers have state its due to cs fall-back failure.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

They did a warranty exchange on my HTC One X+ for this issue, and the phone they sent me has a blown ear speaker. Calls are very low and have static. They are sending me another one but I am extremely angry I have to deal with this broken phone while the other one gets here. You'd think I wouldn't get a broken phone as a replacement.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Well, the radio band "fix" didn't actually fix anything, so I am trying another suggestion:  Changing the APN.  You lose LTE so is a less than optimum solution for a lot of people, but I use mostly wi-fi so I don't care all that much.

Instructions here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.