The Samsung Galaxy S24
snake92646's profile

Scholar

• 

142 Messages

Monday, February 21st, 2011 3:58 AM

HTC Sync for Inspire

Does HTC Sync work for Inspire? 

I have standalone Outlook and synching my contacts and calendar is a critical function for me. 

I understand that you can download it from the HTC Inspire site but has anyone actually tried it out?

Scholar

• 

226 Messages

13 years ago

Yes HTC Sync works for the Inspire.  It will recognize your phone as a Desire Hd though.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

13 years ago

Correct, it does work.

Inspire = Desire HD - HSUPA

Scholar

• 

142 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks.  I am about to return my Samsung Focus before the 30-day trial period ends.  In one of Microsoft's most bizarre marketing decisions, Windows Phone 7 will not synch directly with its own flagship e-mail product, BUT an Android phone like the Inspire and the iPhone and the Blackberries could...Smiley Mad 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

It says in the HTC Inspire Manual that you can only SYNC from OUTLOOK the fields that the phone supports.

Where can I examine those fields before I get the phone? 

I need 5 or 7 phone numbers, 3 addresses, 3 email addr, lots of contact NOTES>

I too return the Samsung FOCUS due to Microsolf eliminating the Cable Sync thru ActiveSync,  What a poor business decision!   And then when I finally got the sync thru HOTMAIL(LIVE) to work...It TRuncated the Notes on my Contacts.  Bad!

I need to quickly replace my samsung Jack!  

Bitten12

Ed

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

@bitten12
Have you ever considered exporting the contacts to a gmail account? You will need one for and Android Market phone. I don't know if I have one contact with all the information you need for each contact, but I do know I some contacts that have three addresses, other contacts with at least five phone numbers, and still others with multiple email addresses (including my contact card). I am not sure about the notes portion. I have contacts with short notes, but not extensive ones.

I believe Google has options for you to sync your Outlook information directly with the Google account. I have never had to look for them myself, but I believe that I have read about them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.