Reply
Posted Apr 13, 2013
6:43:04 PM
HTC One X + update
I woke up earlier to an AT&T message saying your phone is ready for a new software update. So I downloaded it, an nothing has changed or happen. What's this about, was it jus a fake, or will I see something diff later?

HTC One X + update

8,207 views
75 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(75)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 7:47:33 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Ditto here, would like to know what that was. I can try calling AT&T and asking, but they really have no idea what I'm even asking about when I call to ask then anything technical.

Re: HTC One X + update

2 of 76 (8,162 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 8:04:07 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
I tryed calling AT&T but guess they were closed! I hope it wasn't a fraud thing, or what not. Don't think it could be since it was an AT&T message, but who knows. If I find anything out, I'll keep ya updated!

Re: HTC One X + update

3 of 76 (8,158 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 8:47:22 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
Ok, so it came up about 20 minutes ago an said "your phone will now restart". Ok, I let it do all that an then I went to my software info, an nothing has changed. Idk

Re: HTC One X + update

4 of 76 (8,143 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 9:01:50 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

I also got the update notification a couple hours ago.  I went ahead and downloaded and installed it and now my wifi will not turn on.  I keep getting 'error' as it tries to turn on wifi.

Re: HTC One X + update

5 of 76 (8,133 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 9:12:10 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
Did you download it then later it brought up another message saying update ready???

Re: HTC One X + update

6 of 76 (8,126 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 9:30:46 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

It told me an update was ready, I selected postpone.  A few hours later I enabled wifi and went to settings/AT&T software update.  It downloaded, rebooted, installed then rebooted again.  Everything else seems to work fine (bluetooth, 4G LTE, etc).

Re: HTC One X + update

7 of 76 (8,106 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 9:36:02 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
Hmm, not cool! I guess only time will tell!

Re: HTC One X + update

8 of 76 (8,103 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 9:42:10 PM
0
(0)
Tutor

I am going to backup everything and perform a hard reset...  Hopefully that will help.

Re: HTC One X + update

9 of 76 (8,094 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 5:52:50 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
is anything different?

Re: HTC One X + update

10 of 76 (8,014 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 9:18:20 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

Same here.  Nothing seems to have changed, except Google search, Chrome and the native internet browser no longer work.  Anyone else have this problem?

Re: HTC One X + update

11 of 76 (7,985 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 9:20:28 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

Did the hard reset help?

Re: HTC One X + update

12 of 76 (7,982 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 11:40:43 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

It did not help...

Re: HTC One X + update

13 of 76 (7,946 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 1:01:53 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Bummer

Re: HTC One X + update

14 of 76 (7,933 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2013 6:47:41 PM
0
(0)
Teacher
No sir, those on my end are still working! I haven't noticed any change yet! I'll keep ya updated.

Re: HTC One X + update

15 of 76 (7,896 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 4:30:37 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Does anyone from AT&T monitor these forums? That would be useful, to get some kind of response from the company instead of us taking turns guessing....

Re: HTC One X + update

16 of 76 (7,835 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 7:53:44 AM
0
(0)
Voyager
Edited by asalo2004 on Apr 15, 2013 at 8:06:50 AM

The only noticable thing I see this update did was fix a documented bluetooth call quality issue. Before the update, phone calls using bluetooth were of very poor quality. It is now crystal clear.

Re: HTC One X + update

[ Edited ]
17 of 76 (7,794 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 9:59:37 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

To close the loop, I figured out how to correct the problem the update caused for Google Search.  Went in and selected "uninstall updates" and set it back to the version that shipped from the factory.

 

Works now, but I unfortunately I have to live with an older version.

 

Chrome is still broken.

 

Anyone else having these issues or is it just me?

Re: HTC One X + update

18 of 76 (7,761 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 11:14:48 AM
0
(0)
Mentor

@subs2 - Yes, AT&T representatives monitor this community but don't expect a straight answer regarding problems with updates.

Re: HTC One X + update

19 of 76 (7,743 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 1:35:37 PM
0
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey folks, 

 

The update you're seeing contains improvements to Isis. 

 

If you haven't seen the update yet:

 

  1. Connect to Wi-Fi or the network.
  2. Tap Menu.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap AT&T Software update.
  5. Tap Check for updates

To verify your software version:

 

Software Version Verification

  1. Tap Menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap About.
  4. Tap Software information.
  5. If the software version matches new specifications the device has the latest firmware.
    • Software version: 1.19.502.1 CL161932
    • Baseband version: 2.14.55.01_18.21.95.55L
    • Kernel version: 3.1.10-g03b5369
    • Build number: 1.19.502.1
    • File size: FOTA package size = 50MB 
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HTC One X + update

20 of 76 (7,714 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 1:37:43 PM
0
(0)
Former Community Manager

geo2geo wrote:

To close the loop, I figured out how to correct the problem the update caused for Google Search.  Went in and selected "uninstall updates" and set it back to the version that shipped from the factory.

 

Works now, but I unfortunately I have to live with an older version.

 

Chrome is still broken.

 

Anyone else having these issues or is it just me?


Still having an issue with Chrome? If so, will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include any other info you think is relevant (like if your phone has been modified in any way or any troubleshooting you've done). 




To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HTC One X + update

21 of 76 (7,712 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 15, 2013 6:31:55 PM
0
(0)
Voyager
I received the prompt, but have been unable to install it after deferring the update when I was prompted while away from wi-fi. Now when I reboot I get a software update prompt, but no button to start the update. Also, when I use the update option from the device menu it does nothing. Any help?

Re: HTC One X + update

22 of 76 (7,672 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 5:25:39 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

I did the update Saturday (4-13) afternoon, Went off without a hitch.  Phone working flawlessly.  The bluetooth call quality is now perfect, Was overmodulated/distorted before and was almost unusable in my car.  Battery life seems to be better; charged phone and went to bed with 100%, got up this morning at 99%.  There is a new feature in the Power menu, you can now track apps that consume excessive power.  Phone still gets fairly warm when using Flash or other CPU intensive apps, This seems the norm for our model though.

Re: HTC One X + update

23 of 76 (7,603 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 7:32:48 AM
0
(0)
Former Community Manager

wyoung888 wrote:
I received the prompt, but have been unable to install it after deferring the update when I was prompted while away from wi-fi. Now when I reboot I get a software update prompt, but no button to start the update. Also, when I use the update option from the device menu it does nothing. Any help?

I'm sorry you're not able to get the update. Has your phone's software been modified in any way?

 

You're welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 




To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HTC One X + update

24 of 76 (7,585 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 7:58:52 AM
0
(0)
Voyager
No modifications, my phone is stock.

Re: HTC One X + update

25 of 76 (7,579 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 4:13:38 PM
0
(0)
Mentor

Hi,

 

I'd recommend not trying to get the latest One X+ update at this time. Many users have reported things like Chrome and Google Search crashing upon startup, the Starbucks app doesn't work any more, certain other apps no longer function correctly. It's incredibly inconvenient.

 

For those people who have updated: as geo2geo has said, uninstalling the updates from Google Search will correct Search and Now functionality. I haven't come across a Chrome fix yet. Other apps seem to work after uninstalling and re-installing them, but it's hit and miss.

Re: HTC One X + update

26 of 76 (7,493 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 8:37:54 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
LOL.

Re: HTC One X + update

27 of 76 (7,472 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013 9:46:44 PM
0
(0)
Voyager

My software hasn't been modified in any way, my phone's completely stock.

Re: HTC One X + update

28 of 76 (7,438 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 17, 2013 8:35:04 AM
0
(0)
Contributor

PhoneWizard wrote:

Hi,

 

I'd recommend not trying to get the latest One X+ update at this time. Many users have reported things like Chrome and Google Search crashing upon startup, the Starbucks app doesn't work any more, certain other apps no longer function correctly. It's incredibly inconvenient.

 

For those people who have updated: as geo2geo has said, uninstalling the updates from Google Search will correct Search and Now functionality. I haven't come across a Chrome fix yet. Other apps seem to work after uninstalling and re-installing them, but it's hit and miss.


How does one go about uninstalling updates from Google Search?  My phone is just complete trash without Google Search features at this point after this AT&T firmware update.  

Re: HTC One X + update

29 of 76 (7,401 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 17, 2013 9:18:35 AM
0
(0)
Tutor

ouscotty wrote:

PhoneWizard wrote:

Hi,

 

I'd recommend not trying to get the latest One X+ update at this time. Many users have reported things like Chrome and Google Search crashing upon startup, the Starbucks app doesn't work any more, certain other apps no longer function correctly. It's incredibly inconvenient.

 

For those people who have updated: as geo2geo has said, uninstalling the updates from Google Search will correct Search and Now functionality. I haven't come across a Chrome fix yet. Other apps seem to work after uninstalling and re-installing them, but it's hit and miss.


How does one go about uninstalling updates from Google Search?  My phone is just complete trash without Google Search features at this point after this AT&T firmware update.  


Click on Settings/Apps and select "All."  Then, select Google Search and click on "Uninstall Updates."  

Re: HTC One X + update

30 of 76 (7,399 Views)
Share this post
Share this post