The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wild Banchi's profile

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2013 12:15 AM

HTC One: First Impressions

I've been eyeing this phone lately. Does anyone have this particular phone yet? How well do you like it?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

11 years ago

My son has it and loves it.  

I haven't played with it much.  I have to say though that the screen is very crisp and clear.  Beautiful.  And the dual speakers give off very good audio quality without having to struggle to hear what's happening.  

The camera is nice too. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Some of the "selling points" of the phone for me is the metal construction and the reportedly good speaker quality. Sounds like a great phone! Would love to try one myself. 🙂

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I love it. I'm a iPhone guy, put the iPhone 5 away and went with the s4, s4 is nice but to me it's like my note 2 with more bells and whistles, not fond of the plastic so I took it back and got the htc one, the feel and sound of it was enough for me, I'm a very happy guy now:)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

I have the phone unlocked and I love it! It's a great device which feels great in your hand and has great speakers compared to some other devices. I would definitely suggest giving it a try. 🙂

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like a nice phone. 🙂 What's the difference between the HTC One and the One X?? Are there any??

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Well software wise, not too many. Sense has been toned A LOT compared to Sense 4.1 on the One X. It's a bit snappier because its been tones down and with the help of it's quad core processor. The Power Saver really makes sure you get a decent amount of hours on the battery. I've gone I think about 8 hours with moderate to heavy usage which is impressive compared to other android phones in the past.

The speakers (which they call BoomSound) sound really terrific for a smartphone. I really don't have to put the volume all the way up to actually get a good hear of the music playing.

Blinkfeed is kinda cool since you can get news related things and have your Facebook updates there etc, but it's rather limited at this point. Hope HTC will add more channels on to blinkfeed in the future.

I'm sure there's more but can't think of them at the moment! Lol 😄

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Well, I'm looking for a new one and would like an unlocked phone. A few were suggested to me such as the new HTC First with FB disabled, of course...I just don't do FB from my phone, and also a few others. I'm not buying, just yet...still in the shopping stage for now. 🙂 

Thanks Evandela. 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Anytime ^_^ I hear that phone has stock android so might be worth a look yeah 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

I got the opportunity to play around with a virtual demo One at Best Buy Mobile. Wow, the construction of the phone was so nice. Nice finish, choice of materials, and just the right amount of "bling." The software of the phone reminded me a lot of Verizon's DROID lineup, which I like. I didn't get to check it out or very long, but wow, how amazing.

The Galaxy S 4 or HTC One are in the running for my next smartphone. Who knows - it could be the "one" for me! 😄

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

11 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:
I've been eyeing this phone lately. Does anyone have this particular phone yet? How well do you like it?

I've had mine for about a month now. Purchased the developer edition for the 64GB capacity and SIM unlock (as I don't use mine on AT&T). One of the best phone I've used. Fit and finish is superb; in hand it feels like an expensive, high quality device. The screen looks great, and the speakers are truly one of the best. It's also very fast and everything is smooth. The cellular and WiFi reception is superb as well; seems a lot better than my iPhone 5, Z10, and Lumia 920.

I don't miss the fact that the battery isn't removable, or that there is no expandable memory. I can go a day on one charge with no issues.

I understand it doesn't ship with 4.2.2, but honestly I don't know what the difference would be.

A lot of folks say the low light performance is excellent and a trade off between low light performance resolution is justified. I don't. Look at the Lumia 920; it has both excellent low light performance and it doesn't lose on the resolution. The reason resolution matters to me is I like to crop my pictures.

The other issue I have is Blinkfeed is a hit-and-miss; in the US it works, but when I travel abroad it's less useful. In some countries where some of the feeds are blocked, the page doesn't update very well. That said I was recommended a new launcher and that removed Blinkfeed.

I tried the Galaxy S4; it's better than the S3, but I still would pick the HTC One over it any day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.