Posted Aug 4, 2012
11:27:39 AM
HTC Inspire 4G update problem
I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?
64 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(64)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 18, 2012 5:36:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sam server problem, code above worked instantly!

Re: HTC Inspire 4G update problem

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2012 9:58:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

Since I installed the update, my snooze does not work on my alarm anymore. Honestly, some of the new interfaces are nice, but I'd take a functioning alarm over the new features.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2012 10:33:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

This worked for me.  Thanks. :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2012 12:24:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I continue to get the server unavailable msg; have tried dialing *#*#682#*#* but get a check your numbr recording. Any other suggestions?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2012 12:44:47 PM
(0)
Contributor
The exact same thing is currently happening with me. I have yet to find a solution to the problem. I can't keep my phone on for more than a couple minutes, sometimes not even that long.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 20, 2012 8:54:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

If anyone is looking to update the new Android 2.3.5 Sense 3.0 update from AT&T, hold off. I am one of the unluckly that updated to that version on my HTC Inspire 4G and my email is broken. The activesync doesn't work properly after that update and it was a known problem. AT&T gave us the buggy version. You can see a lot of forums reporting this problem with no fix. Upgrading to ICE fixes the issue and is the only fix. But ICE is not available for Inspire with AT&T.  I opened a new post to this community as well to see if AT&T responds.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 25, 2012 6:49:29 AM
(0)
Contributor
How can I go back to the of version? This update is horrible. Worked fine the first couple of days but now I'm having email, syncing, texting issues. I have had to remove battery multiple times to reboot. Some apps just freeze the phone when I open them. Phone worked fine prior to this update. Looking to go back to old version, please help!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2012 11:20:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
You have to drag the snooze button (looks like an alarm now) into the ring at the bottom. If you just press it like on the old interface it won't work.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 28, 2012 11:25:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

If you find a resolution let me know. I've contacted AT&T and HTC, both are telling me that I must be using some kind of application that is eating my battery. I went from a good 16 hours without charging to now about 5 (on a good day). This change was instantaneous from the day I updated the software.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2012 4:54:12 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've tried putting the *#*#682#*#* in phone call and message nothing happens. Wher do you dial it

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2012 4:15:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've just experienced what you are talking about.  One problem, my phone has completely cut off and it will not turn back on; only vibrates 7 times.  I've gone to Batteries Plus, tried a battery, same thing.  Took it to CPR and they're the ones that figured out it was the software.  Can't get it to come back on though.  I immediately took it to AT&T and told them this was their fault because my phone was fine before this update and since that update, it had been sluggish!  They are trying to work with me but I told them I'm not using my insurance on this (they were willing to pay half).  Not an option!  My life was in that phone and now, it's all gone because there's no way to get any of my information back!  I'm livid!  Never do another update, period!  Good luck with yours.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 8, 2012 4:44:19 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 8, 2012 at 7:31:23 PM

When I was having problems with my phone constantly shutting off and getting worse by the day, I contact the tech department with my problem,... after an hour of *** and no results, they turned me over to the warranty dept, ..who said "No Problem" I see you have insurance, so we can take care of that right away ......naturally I went ballistic on this trained monkey and explained that the insurance was for my "mistakes" not theirs and demanded to speak his supervisor.....got a new phone through warranty and have had no problems in 4 months    :smileyvery-happy:

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 11, 2012 7:21:16 PM
(0)
Contributor
No issue on download, however my phone is significantly slower!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 15, 2012 5:24:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

This worked! Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 26, 2012 7:40:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

Updated my phone...then multipule freezes, lock-ups, lags, black screens.....several times a DAY!!  Frustrating because it was working just fine before the update. I just updated it again (using the code I found here) to see if there would be any change or improvement. Is anyone from ATT or HTC even on here to reply?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 28, 2012 12:16:04 AM
(0)
Professor

The Desire HD is the same as the Inspire. All Desire HD items work on the Inspire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2012 6:43:22 PM
(0)
Contributor
Spoiler
when i click "install now" my phone shuts down...........then i get a white triangle with a yellow ! in it and a blue android.  Nothing after that.  Hours later......SAME.  Is This what happens??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2012 6:49:11 PM
(0)
Contributor
when i click "install now" my phone shuts down...........then i get a white triangle with a yellow ! in it and a blue android. Nothing after that. Hours later......SAME. Is This what happens??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2012 7:33:17 PM
(0)
Professor

TJW1993 wrote:
when i click "install now" my phone shuts down...........then i get a white triangle with a yellow ! in it and a blue android. Nothing after that. Hours later......SAME. Is This what happens??

That's a failure code. If you are not rooted then you need to get to an AT&T authorized store. Not one in a mall unless all they sell is AT&T products. If they sell other stuff then it's not an authorized store. Let them look at it and get it back running for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 30, 2012 9:22:44 PM
(0)
Contributor
I went to the store, they reset their system and mine and still nothing. We have a corporate office here. I did get the codes before to unlock my phone, could that be the issue?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 31, 2012 10:34:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Following up after the second "update" using the code here.....not much improved.  I would love to know if it is an AT&T thing or HTC thing going on.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 31, 2012 12:14:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

TJW1993 wrote:

That is the stock recovery.  It means the firmware is missing or damaged, which means the update did not install properly.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 31, 2012 12:17:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

TJW1993 wrote:
I went to the store, they reset their system and mine and still nothing. We have a corporate office here.

What did they do at the store, just give up?  Or did they tell you to take any other action?

Running the RUU may bring your phone back.  Download it to your home computer, connect the phone via USB, and run the RUU:  http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-inspire-4g-att/software-updates

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 22, 2012 1:12:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
turn off your wifi and mobile and then click update then it should work

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 22, 2012 1:12:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
turn them off

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 30, 2012 12:39:08 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am also having problems updating my HTC Inspire. it tells me that I need an sd card and I already have one installed.Don't Know what to do. Can some one help?

jlwatson wrote:
I received a text message from AT&T about 3 days ago telling me there was a critical software update for my phone. I have been trying to download the update but I get a "Server Unavailable" error. I am connected to WiFi and have tried at various times of the day. What can I do to get this update?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2013 8:09:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just updated software using the dial-in number - no problems (had not gotten the notice over the phone back in July, or didn't see it)

The screen does go dark during the download, but the phone beeps when it is complete, just unlock the screen and hit the"OK" button to install - it is Android 2.3.5 (still) but upgrades to Sense 3.0

Everything seems to run smoother - the App Market interface is much updated, as is the App updating process

As someone previously noted - the Gallery app on the main screen stopped working - simply deleted it and replaced with the Gallery icon from the app page - works fine - Gallery also has an updated interface. The Mail interface also seems to be updated a bit.

Much better experience than the last time when I tried the last update this past summer - the phone turned into a brick and I had to go to the local AT&T support center and exchange it. AT&T 800 support tried to give me a song and dance about the phone being dropped or water damage (no such thing) due to the color of some small indicator that you see when you remove the back bottom cover - however, the replacement phone had the same color in its indicator - go figure. The 800 service did refer me to the support center (that I had no idea existed) so I'll give them a pass on their bad advice.

So far so good - but I just updated about an hour ago - we'll see. If I have any problems I'll post a follow up.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 8, 2013 3:21:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

I cannot figure out why I can’t find ‘Unknown Sources’ listed under applications on my Inspire. I have the same HTC inspire with AT&T that my husband has. I got his to update today using the code provided above. It was kinda weird because I dialed it three times and when I’d enter the last digit everything I typed would disappear before I could hit the call button. And then while I was trying to add the number to my people list and try to call that way a window popped up and asked if I wanted to install the update. So now my husband’s is Android 2.3.5, HTC Sense 3.0. So I was trying to update my phone next and the directions that came in the text from AT&T said to go to Menu-Settings-Applications-Manage Applications and make sure that Unknown Sources is Selected. I didn’t need to go into manage applications on my husband’s phone because Unknown Sources were at the top of the Applications list. I have searched everywhere on my phone and ‘Unknown Sources’ isn’t listed anywhere. Why don’t I have it on My Phone!  And while I’m searching my phone I see mine already has the same Android and HTC Sense version I just installed on my husbands. So why did AT&T send me this update to my phone if my phone already has the AT&T 3.2.5 and the HTC 3.0? I am hesitant to use the code listed on this thread since my phone already has the same version number. Our software # is 3.20.502.52 710RD. Did some people already have the 3.2.5 and update anyway? Should I just leave my phone alone? It said it was a critical update.

Thank you for your time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 18, 2013 10:30:29 AM
(0)
Contributor
worked perfectly!
thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 25, 2013 3:48:11 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have the same problem not only with my HTC Inspire but with my husband's Samsung as well