The Samsung Galaxy S24
Hoosierdude's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 10th, 2011 11:09 AM

HTC Aria

I have an HTC Aria phone. Trying to clear an old email I did a hard reset after all else failed. Now I am unable to access  the Market to replace my apps n games. I get a message that says "A server error has occurred. Retry or Cancel and return to the previous screen." I have tried it with the WIFI settings on and off failed both ways. The other function work such as email and internet access. Also the google sync is not working. Its message is "snyc is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." I have 2 of these phones and the other is working fine with the exception of the google sync. But I am able to access the market on it.

any thoughts or help is appreciated

HD

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

For starters, you have verified that you have signed into your Gmail account on the phone again after the reset?

Try also clearing the cache and data if available for the market, then force close it. Reboot the phone and try again after you have verified you have an Internet connection.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Ann, I did try that clearing the cache and forcing it closed. The gmail is signed in and active. Internet connection is working fine. The problem still persist.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Then I'm at a loss.

The only thing that you try is go back to the clear cache screen for the Market and this time uninstall the updates, clear cache, force close and then reboot the phone. When you open the market application you will have to accept the terms again and you be working with market version loaded into the phone. It should eventually silently load the newest version of market in a few days.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Ann, I went to clear the cahce and uninstall the updates,but there was nothing in the cahe . Also, there was not an update installed there. As in no button to click for this. I think it may have been removed from the previous reset. I had done a factory default reset on the phone before. I,m wondering two things. One is if the phone is still tied to the old gmail account somehow, even though it doesn't show on the phone. This account was through a work account that used Google apps. The work network no longer exists, so there is no way to retrieve it or any info from it. Second, if there is a way to delete the market app and redownload it. I,m planning on visiting a ATT tech store here in Indy in the next few days. Hopefully they can shed some light. 

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Sorry it didn't work for you. Usually clearing cache and data for the Market does the trick.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

I visited the ATT tech store here today. I first spoke with Kyle there. I handed him the phone. He looked it over and took  the battery out and replaced it. Turned the phone back on and there it was. Just like nothing was wrong, The Market place appeared. I couldn,t believe it. So, problem solved, but thanks to all who posted suggestions. So far as of this writing everything is fine.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

Oh! Duh! {slaps my own head} Smiley Surprised I so rarely pull the battey for my android I had forgotten that the battery pull (soft reset) does wonders sometimes for things like this. Glad you got it to work. Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.