The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Yes NJR I got my Update today also. Was shocked.  I know it was pulled for S4 and guess you are correct on i9300 S3.  Mine seems to be running fine.  Just had to unroot and go back to stock before I could install. The settings are a lot different on 4.3.  Have a nice weekend.

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

10 years ago

You can go to your settings for the clock and set it one day forward. Make sure you unchecked your daylight savings time and your auto update time. It should work for you.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi everybody,

Had to pull an old phone out of storage since a new one got busted recently. I have my I747 which I updated via Kies to 4.1.1 a while back and am wondering if I need to upgrade to 4.1.2 first to get the 4.3 update. Been trying to update via Kies to 4.1.2. but it is telling me that my 4.1.1 I747 is up to date. When I try to check the OTA update I still don't get anything and it's telling me 4.1.1 is up to date.

Any ideas?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

That didn't work. I get a message that it's downloading the update, and then it just stops.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

I am Stil in SHOCK that AT&T got this update out ahead of others for S3.  AT&T is almost always LAST.  Now lets see if they are last with Kit Kat.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My phone finally updated.  Woo hoo!  I can stop being a spazz about it.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The 4.3 update has been reportedly delayed due to some issues.

I'm waiting on the 4.3 for my Note II as well, but same problem, seems to be delayed.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

Mine just updated to 4.3, and it cleared all my ringtones and text/email sounds, even in apps like k9 mail. otherwise it seems to work fine. I like the customizable menu in the top pull down, since I can put useful buttons like sync in the first five now. Swype update finally has a decimal point on the number buttons page. more junk apps came with the update that I'll just remove, as expected.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

How you going to remove bloat ware without it being rooted??   XDA says not safe to root yet as normal since it has KNOX.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

xda will have a way.... just give our time... I haven't looked yet, but I own my phone and I'll root it and remove junk. the funny thing is AT&T is going to delete our posts as if they're going to somehow stop people from finding about about rooting. pathetic.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.