The Samsung Galaxy S24
99ssconv's profile

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 1:55 AM

Galaxy s2 update 4.0.4 failure. Is there not an AT&T rep on this board that can help us?

My wife and myself started having the phones shut off at random after the last update a couple of weeks ago. A few times it deletes our bluetooth added devices. Other times after the phone decides to shut it self off and I press and hold the side button to wake it  back up the device shows my battery is discharged. This will happen with a fully charged battery. Someone out there has to know about this issue besides the consumers. I went to the att store today with no help and samsung support was the same.....

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Yesterday my phone shut down twice. I was on a call, the other party hung up. I pressed the screen but nothing came up. Pressed the side button and realized the sleep of death had occurred. Had to do a reboot, told my wife about it, she said her phone did the exact same thing after talking to her brother the other day.

I did get some news in a email this morning from att. They said my bill is ready!!!!!

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

So I called yesterday and was told the update that I was forced to download and install and that is also now causing my phone to shut down randomly was ment for the s3. I was then told that my phone was out of warrenty and that i could renew my contract and get the same phone as a curtisy, or pay 199 deductable to get a replacement. All this due to an error by AT&T. I dont understand why they would not allow me to chage phones. My upgrade is due in march why they couldnt just let me do an early upgrade to another phone i dont know. But to get stuck with the same phone for another 2 years is **.

I am going to just pay the early term fee and get out of Att its cheeper than the deductable... I am tired of the poor customer service and the disrespect towards their customers.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I have had the same random shutdown issue here after the update. I may be okay now but I am still waiting. I only use it for voice calls and some texting, not for games, music, etc. Here's what I did so far:

1. Took it back to AT&T and they did the reset and replaced my info.

2. Did the Uninstall Updates & Disable on all the AT&T applications.

3. I only have one app - used to display battery life.

4. Turned off the percentage info in the top bar.

Phone still shut down twice. Both times it happened after ending a phone call using my earpiece. My bluetooth earpiece is maybe 5 years old. Thinking this might be the issue I turned off the bluetooth feature (already had WI-FI turned off). My phone ran for 4 days without a shutdown and still showed 19% power remaining! I plugged the charger in and let it get back to 100% then unplugged the charger and did a restart. The phone has continued to be fine since then (9 hours) and is showing 94% power remaining.

I plan on letting it be until the battery is low again and then enabling the bluetooth function to see what happens. I am optimistic!

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

P.Ohas been shutting down two times a day

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Spoke too soon. Phone died twice today for no reason. AT&T offered to send a refurbished phone to me with 4.0.3. How does that not say there is a problem?!?

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Well mine made it from 8am yesterday till 5pm today without the sleep of death. Thought I might have been on to another solution but I totally give up.  Going to consider rooting I guess.  Seems to be the only fix if I want to keep this phone without upgrading.  My qestion to AT&T & Samsung would be, why would I even consider upgrading to an S3 if they have the S2 broken and unfixable??  What assurance would I have that the next software update would not be the same way on the S3?  

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

After trying all of the so called solutions that didn't work and continuing to have the sleep of death issue, I think I might have found the problem. I am no tech genious or anything so this is only my attempt to figure it out. I haven't had an issue with the phone not waking for about a day and a half. I think the problem is with Google Play and automatic updates of applications. I was noticing that every time I reset my phone after the sleep of death, an update would begin downloading for some app. So, I turned off automatic updates in Google Play settings. I haven't had an issue since.

I also turned on notifications for when updates are available. That way I still know when an update is available. Additionally, my battery life rocked yesterday after making this change.

Give it a shot and let us know if this works for you as well.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

I hope that works for you but I have always had mine to not automatically update.  I did notice when it would start back up after sleep of death that sometimes I would have updates available.  

I have since flashed my Rom back to 4.0.3 and at almost 48 hours in have had zero shut downs.  This is the longest I have gone since the 4.0.4 update.  Continuing to monitor.  

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

11 years ago

Is this a stock 4.03 that you guys are updating to? Where can you find this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.