The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 11:42 PM

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! 😄
~Sunshine :)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Installed the update Friday.  Since then battery life is in the toilet.  Took phone off charger 6am.  by 650am was down to 62% with no unusual activity.  Saw a post about the Facebook app on JB.  Uninstalled.  Recharged phone.  Back off charger and battery stable at 98% 30 minutes off charger.

Any ideas on this?

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

any smartphone which OS is android they should be format totally (reset factory restore including USB storage portion also) before any upgrade, means Gingerbread to ICS or ICS to JB. that's' a major fact.
@rgrace110 you better reset the factory restore default properly then try

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure about that. I was able to upgrade to ICS successfully without putting it back to factory default. The only difference this time around I believe was Kies.

Anyhow, my old phone was dropped in the mail this morning in exchange for a replacement unit. Am I at least assured that the data stored in my old phone (as opposed to being stored in the SIM and SD cards) will be wiped clean and unrecoverable in the process of ATT recovering and refurbishing it?  It was stuck in odin mode which I understand is awaiting download of new firmware, but I'd rather have my data not recoverable if AT&T is going to try and save it and resell or use it as a warranty exchange unit as well.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

redhot4400 - No, there used to be an indicator showing how much time was available/left for recording before media was full.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am curious to know why you say to remove the SD card? Kies documentation states the update to JB can be done with or without the SD or  SimCard.  I am having problems with Kies getting past the point where it downloads the  firmware components.  The progress bar stops at 100%.  The connected device disappears and Kies.exe goes to not responding.  The firmware update dialog box closes and th PC just hangs.  There are so many caveats with this whole process of installing Kies and using it to upgrade the Skyrocket.  Kies also has a major drain on resources after starting windows and loging in, then settles down. I read horror stories of people attempting upgrade to JB and end up having to get a new device. There should be an ATT certified set of step by step instructions on installing Kies and what options should be used during the installation and step by step instruction on exactly how to upgrade the firmware. I have tried to upgrade to JB on 3 different PCs running XP SP3 with exactly the same results and I see many posts on the forum having the same problem.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

Get this when I try to connect.  But mine has CMW Recovery in it.  Any ideas????Kies.PNG

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Need to re-install your USB drivers if your device is not being recognized or connected, or iff you're being prompted for CWM Recovery, then you must have had that app pre-installed prompting you to recover, so maybe the upgrade did not perform successfully?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

My galaxy s2 SGH-I777 can't be updated using KIES. I have the latest version but when I try KIES it tells me that the firmware that I have cannot be updated using that program. Is there anything I can do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Pls i have a broken screen and my device is screen locked with a password. Pls is there any Pc software that could downlaod to enable me access my information in the SD?? I need this like oxygen

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.