Posted Apr 9, 2013
4:42:36 PM
Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!
Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! :smileyvery-happy:
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

58 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(58)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 9, 2013 7:20:01 PM
(0)
Explorer

Hopefully I777 isn't too far behind?!

Re: Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 2:24:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

unfortunately this update also through Kies and near about 800MB LOL>> it should be through Kies and also OTA

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-now-available-samsung-kies?utm_source...

Samsung Skyrocket JB

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 6:26:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

after latest installed latest Kies for AT&T Skyrocket JB update, when i click for firmware upgrade the screen hang like below:

JB for Skyrocket.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:15:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
How odd. I installed mine with no issues. Did you mange to install the update?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:23:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
@Evandela last time i upgrade ICS in same laptop and same OS. few hours before i tried it with latest Kies, and also dontnet framework 4.5 installed in my system and a high end internet connection like 2mbps speed. but after i click the option firmware update button the next dialog box came inside blank like i attached above post. i also know the T-mobile SII JB is like 800MB. i think AT&T server problem in this JB for Skyrocket topics is going on>>

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:30:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
That is possible or it could be Kies hanging a bit too. Keep on trying. Reinstall Kies if no changes within 48 hours at least

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:40:37 AM
(0)
Scholar
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

no update there, but in Kies there showing the update. yeah Keep Trying. so how is JB running in Skyrocket ??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:42:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
It runs very very smoothly. It's very beautiful, it looks very very similar to the GS3 software.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 9:53:14 AM
(0)
Scholar
that's good and cool confirmation. At least AT&T has done it well, not like last time ICS update. because many people has many problem in Skyrocket ICS. I didn't have

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 12:23:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Yeah, a lot of people are sure to like this update! It's very fluid and pretty. Must give Samsung credit for this one. They have outdone themselves. :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 12:48:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

Did the Skyrocket not get Photosphere?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 1:11:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

I wish someone would do a vide of how it looks. I'd like to see it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 10:13:38 PM
(0)
Voyager

I live in Austin, TX.  I asked Google Now for the current temperature.  It gave it to me in Celsius.

How do I make the default Fahrenheit?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 10, 2013 10:35:07 PM
(0)
Voyager

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  I had to enable Google Now

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 5:47:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

Samsung Kies Latest version is :      version 2.5.3.13033_7       But from Samsung website if it is downloaded then the version is not latest. After installed the older version it needs to be updated to version 2.5.3.13033_7. LOL !! then why Samsung put the older version in their webpage ??
April 10th and 11th I tried several time via latest Kies to upgrade AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket  Android ICS to Jelly Bean. Everything is installed properly and Kies detect Skyrocket well and also showing the JB firmware. But while I click the update button in Kies the next dialog box come but its transparent and it hang like that only. Nothing else. How disturbing situation??
No Samsung USA official webpage update for Skyrocket announced:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187
 Even directly no AT&T announced??
But Kies is showing the update??

JB for Skyrocket.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 9:03:28 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Just popping in to officially confirm this update :smileyhappy:

Software Update Includes

• Android OS version 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
  • Google Now with enhanced voice activation
  • Adds Browser bar, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker, Mobile Hot Spot, and the Featured Apps widget as preloaded applications
  • Removes Qik and Mspot applications
  • TTY call quality improvement 

1. Download Samsung Kies to a desktop or laptop computer.
  2. Upon successful installation, open Samsung Kies.
  3. The following message displays: A new version of Samsung Kies is available. Do you want to update to the latest version now?
  4. Select Update.
  5. Remove the SD card from the device.
  6. Connect the device to the computer via the USB data cable that came in the box with the device.
  7. Ensure that Kies recognizes the device by looking in the upper section of the Kies left-bar navigation menu. The device should be listed as SGH-I727.
  8. The following message pops up: A new firmware version is available. Upgrading may improve the performance of SGH-I727. Do you want to upgrade?
  9. Select Update.
  10. Confirm that all the requirements are met by selecting the box next to, I have read all of the above information.
  11. Select eitherAllow saving or Proceed without saving.
  12. Select Start upgrade.
  13. Select Confirmif the following upgrade information appears:
    • Device name: GALAXY S II Skyrocket (SGH-I727)
    • Service name: SGH-I727 Software Update
    • Service version: I727UCMB5/I727ATTMB5/I727UCMB5/I727UCMB5
  14. Click OK
--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 9:12:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Woo thanks Jam <3

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 9:16:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thank you for originally posting this! Awesome job. :smileyvery-happy:

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 9:47:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Feel free to edit my first post as needed if you want to include those instructions there! <3 I won't mind :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 11:12:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

yeah i upgraded successfully my Skyrocket to Jelly Bean few hours ago. This JB for Skyrocket is customized JB from AT&T. hope Skyrocket's owner will post what we are missing in JB from ICS??

Skyrocket's JB upgrade.jpg

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013 11:21:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Not sure what you mean by that redhot. :smileyhappy:

Seems like the Skyrocket got more features, one being Google Now and a good feel of looking very similar to the GS3 software.

If you mean what were we missing out on, I would say the fluid movement from very little lag to no lag. If you take a look at the notifications bar, it has a lot more toggles which weren't available before. :smileywink: The app tray is not up to par with the Nexus feel, but it is very good too. It's like this update got more of taste of stock Android than it did Touchwiz. :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 12, 2013 10:04:54 AM
(0)
Scholar
i didn't find out the FaceUnlock apps in JB here in skyrocket !! i may tell some more in details tomorrow. lets see !!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 12, 2013 10:12:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

yeah i resolve the problem and was able to upgrade Skyrocket ICS OS to JB OS. By the way, as Samsung is a very famous and largest and also popular company, why does the JB update webpage still not updated?? check the below link

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 12, 2013 9:13:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

When is the JB update available for I777. The Kies version is 2.5.3.13033_7 download on 13 Apr 13 at 12 AM EST. This does not contain the JB update. The latest version still shows 4.0.4. tempatt.jpg

Please let me know if it is available at this point of time or have to wait for an update from Kies or ATT ?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 12, 2013 9:41:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

Can someone who has updated the phone to 4.1.2 take some screenies of the home page and the accuweather widget, etc. I'd appreciate it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 12, 2013 10:08:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Jingu31 - I afraid you would have to wait until Samsung and AT&T tests the update before rolling out the update.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 1:04:22 AM
(0)
Scholar

@jingu31 I77 JB will release, not too far. because AT&T's I727 JB is available

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 1:13:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
@crynosis Skyrocket's JB screenshot is nothing special, accuweather widget is little more shiny then that was in ICS. But ICS accuweather was more cool than JB. I installed Nova Launcher Prime and was looking to set up my JB accuweather in it, didn't find it. S-Beam is added. you can't set your task manager icon front page because its not showing in apps, there is no faceunlock security software in AT&T's JB LOL. JB was customized by AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 13, 2013 11:26:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

the Samsung USA webpage above and Samsung usa facebook a/c i wrote several times that AT&T has already announce the JB for Skyrocket, but the Samsung official usa update page is still not updated?? but they yet not update the page !!

the Skyrocket JB upgrade can be followed properly in the below link

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00052762&fm_seq=61823

Thanks in Advance