The Samsung Galaxy S24
bikinchris's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 1:35 PM

Galaxy S4 SD card trouble

I have the Galaxy S4 and love it. Before I left on this trip, I bought a high quality 32GB SD card. (SanDisc Ultra 32GB Micro SD HC). It has been a nice pocket phone (but not a replacement for my DSLR). I use the SD card to store music as well as images.

My problem is weird. The SD card doesn't stay stable. The phone often says "SD card unexpectedly removed" then, a few seconds later, it says "preparing SD card"

Is this a most likely a hardware problem or software problem?

I am out of the country right now, so bringing it into my local store is not an option.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Any SD card, even of high quality, can be defective.  Yes, its less likely if its from a high quality and reputable manufacturer.  But its still possible, and you know how Murphy's law goes.   If possible, I'd certainly try another SD, just to eliminate that as the cause.

But yes, it might be a failure of the SD tray, as mentioned.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@bikinchris wrote:

Crickets, that's all I hear. Crickets. Chirp chirp chirp. Is anyone out there?

sounds like a hardware issue with the sd slot, only fix is to take it to a att service center or a samsung warrenty ticket

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Crickets, that's all I hear. Crickets. Chirp chirp chirp. Is anyone out there?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I know the SD card is a high quality card and not likely to be defective. I may try another card to see. Part of my problem is I don't know how long the warranty on the phone is good for. I won't be home from my travel until next month.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@bikinchris wrote:

I know the SD card is a high quality card and not likely to be defective. I may try another card to see. Part of my problem is I don't know how long the warranty on the phone is good for. I won't be home from my travel until next month.

I beleive factory warrenty on the phone is 12 months, which I think that att also honors at one of their service centers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I swapped the card out for the one on my wife's identical GS4 and the problem is on HER phone now. The Sandisk card is not working properly.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Sandisk cards do that from time to time. Get the Ultra cards if you get Sandisk, much better cards.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.