The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Hey look there.  Went to bed at 100% at 0030hrs woke up at 0530hrs this morning with a completely dead S II.  0% Nice.  Found out I missed two calls from my boss.  Great job AT&T.  Thanks for the stellar customer service.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Strangely, now I'm at 53 hours. It's been averaging SOD 2-4 times a day for months, but this weekend has been ok. The strange part is everytime I wake it up, it briefly searches for GPS lock. Of course, it lasted for four days once, so I'm not hopeful in any way. Just wish they would roll out the old software. Seems ridiculous that they have a working system, but are unable to do what a few amateurs can do and roll it back.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

and dead again this morning!!!!   Yeah!!!!

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

I have been dealing with the run-around with AT&T on the SOD issue now for 8 weeks. I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and recommend everyone do the same. Funny and ironic that the last couple days when an AT&T agent tried to call me, my phone was dead because of SOD. I am leaving AT&T and trying to get out of my contract if they refuse to help me. 

I wondered why many people did not have this problem with their S2's. I looked  at an S2 my daughter in law had and her phone is still running Gingerbread. No wonder she and many others are not seeing the SOD. 

I told AT&T they can give me an Iphone for free and not force an extension to my service or added service charges. Yeah, right.

doctorwhen

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same here.  I won't buy any samsung phone again.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

The worst part of this fiasco is the feeling of complete helplessness.  We are paying for a service that up until this 4.0.4 occurred I was completely satisfied with and had been for years.  Now I have two phones that for almost three months now are completely undependable and I have absolutely no recourse.  AT&T is worse than useless and less than helpful.  They show no remorse nor do they give any indication that they are even working on a solution that, lets face it, if they were serious about a fix they would have done so already.

All any of us are looking for is a fix so that we can receive the services we are paying for.   I would have to agree with a previous poster in that I have to believe that AT&T is in breach of contract.

FIX OUR PHONES!

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Jamileh,

No disrespect intended to you personally.  I know you are just doing your job.  It is a shame that as a company AT&T has time to immediately read, edit and censor our posts but will not do what is necessary to address our complaints.  We are extremely frustrated and are simply demanding to receive the services we are paying for.   We are not just whining because we have not received Jelly Bean yet like some other posters we just want our high end top of the line phones to work.

Again I understand you are in a no win situation but the fact that deleting, editing and censoring postings literally immediately is aggravating and insulting to all of us without fixing our problem.

Sorry you have to read all of our complaints but what else are we to do?

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah I just quit posting because they constantly deleted or edited possible solutions rather than interacting to help us.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Don't worry, guys. Didn't you read the earlier posts? AT&T is working on a fix. It will be out in [$today + 2 weeks].

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

The following is part of a conversation I have been with Samsung Tech Support on Google+. How useless is this???

Samsung Support USA9:55 AM
Hey jrpros, I did look into this and Samsung is aware of the issue, it will be fixed in an upcoming MR. Thanks so much for your patience. Thanks!

jrpros 11:45 AMEdit
+Samsung Support USA +AT&T I'm really not happy with the response on this. It has been well over 2 months and I continue to deal with this phone that isn't working properly because of an update that you pushed out. This past weekend I had my phone freeze up on me 6 or 7 times over two days. The lack of a solid time frame isn't fair to us paying customers. How am I supposed to be confident in my ability to get a hold of people and their ability to reach me? Work, family life, emergencies...this has got to come to an end.

When can I expect the fixing update to be issued? I am tired of being patient. I want some customer service and I want my phone to work.

jrpros 11:58 AMEdit
And I just got another freeze up. Do you realize how much of an inconvenience this is?

Samsung Support USA12:34 PM
I do sincerely apologize Joesph. I can set up a repair for you if you are still under warranty. Let me know. Thanks!

jrpros 12:37 PMEdit
What exactly would a repair do? This is an operating system problem. There is nothing wrong with my phone. The Android OS 4.0.4 update broke it.

Samsung Support USA12:42 PM
Our techs will be able to better understand the problem and evaluate the device. We will keep you posted. Thank you!

jrpros 12:48 PMEdit
I would like to talk to one of your techs, but sending in my phone is pointless and only leaves me without a phone. You guys either know what the problem with the 4.0.4 update is or you don't, why would you say that you are working on getting a fix out and then ask me to send in the phone so that the techs can better understand the problem. This makes no sense and you are driving me insane with your nonsense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.