The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

So far I have seen two posts where people got S3 and couple that got partial credits.

I am holding out for S4 Smiley Indifferent

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Now that's a response I could get behind.   A new S4 to make up for all the bull stuff we have all put up with.  After no response from AT&T and all of us continuing to pay our bill for no or limited undependable service that sounds like a fair solution and payback for everything we have all put up with.

Seriously, I would be just as happy with a two month credit, my phone actually working like it did before 4.0.4 and a real and sincere apology from AT&T.  Well, maybe a three month credit as it will soon be three months since this all started.

The S4 idea does sound good 🙂

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Just out of curiosity has anyone filed any complaints with the Better Business folks or their State Attorney General's Office?

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I just reported this link to Engadget. If they publish a little blurb about this on their site, perhaps somebody at AT&T will get their act together. And like I said, worst case, you can get an S3 or S4 out of the deal.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

yep, and the president from att had is secrtary call me, i can not post her reply as i was told to keep on topic. but go back to my first post and you will see some numbers and email address for them.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

They are way to smart to let that happen.  That number is long gone, censored from your post.  Funny that somebody from AT&T can see that but not these 400 complaints about a serious problem and a complete and total lack of customer service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Had to advise my mom to get an iPhone today because I just can't trust Samsung on AT&T anymore. As much as I hate Apple, I can't expect my mom to be able to know how to respond to these issues that we've seen with the GS2. Sure, my friends with the GS3 have had success so far, but we now know that if something happens with an Android update 6 months from now, AT&T will just tell us to do a factory reset and blame Samsung. I hope Samsung realizes that this is costing them business.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I've had the same problem since the first ICS update. I went around and around with a customer service person on chat. Never heard of this issue she said, even though there are thousands of posts on the internet about it. She finally advised that I could try reloading the operating system from Kies or she would connect me to warranty support. I loved the phone so I opted for the former. The freezing seemed to be eliminated for a few days, but returned after a while. It was infrequent enough to put up with until the 4.04 update, now it averages at least once a day. I can no longer depend on my once beloved phone for anything.

A Google search shows that the problem occurs with all carriers, not just AT&T. My contract ends in May. If the issue is not resolved by then, I will switch carriers and brand of phone.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

Well I fix my adobe flash issue with adb. Now if phone quit the SOD stuff we all good..

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

I've had SOD 3 times in last 24 hours, twice in the last 2.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.