The Samsung Galaxy S24
RajCaj's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 2:44 AM

Galaxy S2 (SGH-i777) Jelly Bean Update?

With the latest Jelly Bean update rolling out to the Skyrocket varriant of the Galaxy S2, all versions of the SGS2 have not recieved the Jelly Bean update, except for the SGH-i777 model. (Across all carriers, models, etc)

With that, I just wanted to check in to see if there are any plans by AT&T to update the model referenced above.

If so, any expectation when we can expect that?

If not, any information as to why not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Could your internal SD card or external card be full?  If you sync your gallery / photos with Google+ photos, I think it tries to download everything in your albums online.  Try clearing the cache for Gallery by going into your Application manager, go to Gallery, and clearing the cache and data.  You can also try stopping sync with Google+ Photos so it doesn't sync automatically again, then try to open Gallery to see if it opens at all.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Anyone else experience slow performance since the update?  I thought Jelly Bean was supposed to be faster with Project Butter?

I'm seeing slow performance all over the place, but especially noticeable with the launcher.  Like if I am in an app and hit the home button, there's about a two second delay before it goes home.  Similarly when I launch an app.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Finally!  
Everything is running smoothly though I had quite a bit of trouble getting it to load.  I think it was because I started with an older version of Kies on my laptop... it kept either just sitting preparing the update, or complaining my phone (which was at 100%) battery, wasn't charged enough, so I switched to another machine and did a clean Kies install and got it to work.

I think this ROM is faster and smoother than the old one, and, so far, I think the battery life is better, but I'll give it a couple days to settle in before saying that as a certainty.

Tutor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I have noticed a slow down after updating, but my biggest issue is the sleep of death. I had cured this problem before the update, but that is the first thing my phone did after the update. I thought Jelly Bean was supposed to fix this problem?

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

One thing that has me wondering since my update is it seems the battery drains a little quicker... has anyone else seen anything with that? Looking at my battery options screen, with 4 hours and 24 minutes on battery, starting at 100%, the battery is at 64%. The "Screen" is at 54% (1 minute screen timeout) and the "Android OS" entry is next at 16%. That seems like a high percentage for "Android OS"... wouldn't this be more like a single digit percentage? The next entry is "Android System" at 6%, which seems reasonable.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't measured battery usage, but I did notice that some background services that I had previous turned off became enabled again, thus probably doing more updates, and therefore draining more battery.

Specifically, I saw that Google Location History was turned on, and I know that's a big drainer because it's checking and updating your location regularly.

There might be additional places where background updating is either slowing things down and/or using battery.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

@samblackjack wrote:

Specifically, I saw that Google Location History was turned on, and I know that's a big drainer because it's checking and updating your location regularly.

My Google Maps Location History was turned on and I am pretty sure I had it turned off in the past, so I have turned it off. I'll see what happens. Thanks!

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Mine  is  dead  slow after the upgrade. I have been  checking forums to see whether  there is  any solution or  decision to downgrade

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Since performing the update my S2's battery life has been drastically reduced. It seems to be related to WiFi. Anyone else having similar issues?

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

@kurtisherzog88 wrote:

Yeah, but I think it's just isolated to my phone.  I have lost all notifications for text messages (not on the notification tray, not on the lock screen, not even the number on the icon).  I have to keep checking my inbox to see if someone texted me.  Anyone else have this?

Mine works on the notification tray and the lock screen.  But I am having the same problem of it not showing how many new messages I have on the messaging icon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.