The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Got my s3 a few days ago, got home, installed Kies, updated to Jelly Bean in about 10 minutes seamlessly.  No problems on Windows 7.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Have you not seen how many people are having issues with the upgrade? AT & T needs to give us an OTA update..

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I second elnino21's post...I'm one of those having issues.  ICS was rock solid.  JB has been unstable...random reboots with occasional lock ups where nothing is responsive....where I have to hold down the power button until it restarts.  Honestly, the few new JB features are not worth the issues.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@enews75 wrote:
I have tried to update via Kies. It connects to the phone , show that the update is available, then Kies just closes. I have tried everything including reinstalling the drivers and trying different computers. Can someone help?

Make sure you have the right settings checked. I believe you need to have USB debugging checked. Also when you connect there's two options to connect to your computer. Make sure you don't have the camera one checked. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but after the update we now have the official Swype keyboard.  However, there is no voice input button.  To solve this install the Swype beta Installer through their website here http://beta.swype.com/

After doing the install and entering the verification codes (2 of them) I now have beta and the speech to text works amazingly well.  If this helps anyone, please give me Kudos. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Was told by att customer service that we should have jellybean 4.1.2 by Jan 15 at the latest and that the reason 4.1.1 took so long is it kept making phones turn off so they werent going to release it till it was fixed

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

@jakel24 - I'm considering exchanging my Nokia Lumina 920 for this phone. Please tell me the Android 4.1.1 update doesn't reintroduce the Samsung Captivate (original Galaxy S) random power off bug. That was a nightmare!

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

Has anyone done the OTA update to JB yet? I have not seen it come to me yet (I am on wifi alot).

What enhancements does JB do for the S3's?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I hear that the new Galaxy is supposed to be out around Oct or Nov here in the states, if that is the case I would imagine that the newest Jelly Bean would be on it.  I wonder if that is why they wait, strategic move to make us want to just buy the new phone and spend more money...  I do not know why AT&T is always the last to roll out an update but it is extremely irritating. 

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@jodi521 wrote:

I hear that the new Galaxy is supposed to be out around Oct or Nov here in the states, if that is the case I would imagine that the newest Jelly Bean would be on it.  I wonder if that is why they wait, strategic move to make us want to just buy the new phone and spend more money...  I do not know why AT&T is always the last to roll out an update but it is extremely irritating. 

The new Galaxy S4 is actually coming out in less than a month, with AT&T pre-orders starting on April 16.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.