The Samsung Galaxy S24
brianreigh's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:18 PM

Galaxy S III Jelly Bean

Does anyone know when ours is coming? Sprint got theirs in October, and T-Mobile is pushing out the update today... I don't understand why it's taking AT&T so long

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

It doesn't surprise me that one of their reps talked like that. Anyway, even if you reach their tech department those reps are clueless and only know what their system tells them. I wish I could always talk to a well educated IT rep, but that'll never happen at AT&T. They are rated the worst customer service because they have people answering the phones with not a care or clue. They put you on hold all the time when you ask a question that falls outside their streamlined troubleshooting steps.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Sounds good but I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Wo wo wo lol they didnt say it like that and I went into a store after that there telling me the same thing all in all I love att service I had verizon and had more problems with them

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just used the 'Software Update' option on my Galaxy to check for an update and it downloading an 82.05MB file... I'll update my poat once it's complete to confirm.

Update: Nevermind... not sure what just downloaded to my device, but it wasn't Jellybean.  The device still shows version 4.0.4.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

ATT rep said they will release 4.2 and skip 4.1......feeling like when 4.2 come out they will say sorry we skip 4.2 too and go 5.0 instead........and if we root and install custom rom we might brick the phone thus kicking the phone off the warranty list if we don't know what we doing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@raik wrote:

ATT rep said they will release 4.2 and skip 4.1......feeling like when 4.2 come out they will say sorry we skip 4.2 too and go 5.0 instead........and if we root and install custom rom we might brick the phone thus kicking the phone off the warranty list if we don't know what we doing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

AT&T is not skipping 4.1. The reps were misinformed by an improperly worded press release. I am planning on rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM this weekend. I've had it with AT&T's dillydallying.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Jelly bean 4.1 was decided to be skip to 4.2 release instead.........meaning when 4.2 hit they will have new excuse that 4.2 not compatible with their LTE signal therefore will be skip to 4.3 or 5.0

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I might do the same today, ICS is great but JB is much smoother when I compare the two with my and my friend's GS3 from Sprint

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@kgbkny wrote:

@raik wrote:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┴┴∀

AT&T is not skipping 4.1. The reps were misinformed by an improperly worded press release. I am planning on rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM this weekend. I've had it with AT&T's dillydallying.

Nice to see you are visiting these forums. Did I miss something over on our forum because I thought that the concensus was that whatever any rep tells a user can't be validated due to so many conflicting responses? I saiid that I was staying low, & plan still plan to, until JB is released in whatever version it may be. Your response about 4.2 simply caught my eye as no one, & I mean no one, within the AT&T organization is allowed to release any other information other than the familiar "coming in the near future..." Oh well, just my 2 cents... 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

They are skiping 4.1 ive called them and confirmed this many times now and I have spoken with higher ups and they say the same
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.