Posted Feb 13, 2013
1:00:53 AM
Galaxy Note II: pages keep resetting to default

I just got my Note II recently and customized a few things and, every night after midnight, the "Favorite Contacts" widget keeps coming back and replacing the widget that I actually want on that page.  None of the other pages are affected.  Has anyone run in to this or know how to solve it?

Galaxy Note II: pages keep resetting to default

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 13, 2013 12:55:02 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

That's a new one for me. 

Is it happening when the phone goes to sleep or just after midnight regardless of if you're using it or not?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Galaxy Note II: pages keep resetting to default

2 of 5 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 13, 2013 11:16:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Usually when the phone is asleep

3 of 5 (542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 13, 2013 11:22:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

Oh, also when this occurs, I'll unlock the phone and the first thing that I see is some kind of City selection screen (it has to be closed twice).  I thought it was for the clock but I couldn't find a similar option there.

4 of 5 (538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 14, 2013 7:37:20 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Okay. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the phone's software?

This is a very odd issue that I haven't seen before. It might be good to get you in touch with a member of my team so we can dig a bit deeper. 

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (524 Views)