The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

For those of you wondering what i was doing when my batter drained...i was on this forum. And again I started at 70% now down to 52%

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Jelly Bean is a major improvement over ICS makes no sense to go back.  I have been busy disbling all the built in programs and it has made an improvement. 

As far as I am concenred it's the Note and not the OS.  I had troubles with mine from the beginning (and I bought on day one), was at the AT&T service center a few times for issues and with the last one they had to replace the phone because it could not be reset.  Well the replacement phone has not been flawless either.

Battery life has always been less than 20-24 hours, And with Jelly Bean the hardware can't accomodate it.  What's the point of so little RAM on a phone?  That's what slows it down.  Sure I have bluetooth and GPS on; but even when I turn them off it doesn't make a vast difference.

More than likely I'll switch to the S4 (or whatever is new at the time) when I can upgrade. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I already did. As soon as i heard the AT&T is not getting multiscreen; I just went ahead moved to TMOB. I wasnt go wait for just JB with ton of bloats making the phone suitable to make omelet. customer service is the only good thing at AT&T. Why isnt multiscreen not available on AT&T note?. when everybody else in the world has it. Ok, I hear it could be hardware blah blah blah. It doesnt matter if poeple want to do it they can do it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

qckslvrsiete ... you are not the only one... i had moved to TMOB also. i am in prepaid now. i am not going to get myself into the vicious phone contract cycle of buying a new ph and paying for it forever. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Rest assured AT&T users - it's not your carrier. I'm in London on EE but with unlocked original samsung galaxy note GT-N7000 since January 2011. I downloaded and installed jellybean 4.1.2 about 3 days ago and have had disastrous battery events - catastophic disharge within seconds from 50% to shut down. Strange rapid re-charging within a couple of minutes to maybe 30%. I get lag in all sorts of ways, especially looking up contacts where I can wait a minute for "Simon" to show up; previously it would take a second or less. I get screen flickering - it's almost like an epileptic halo effect, seconds before a precipitous battery loss. I've not managed a day so far without at least one charge halfway through, plus of course overnight charging. All of this is post the update; none of these effects showed with ics. It makes the phone almost unusable. If I go out with it can I rely on being able to make or take calls? Not at all if I look at any emails etc. Can only hope google get a fix out v soon!

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

All I can say is I went back to Stock ICS and my phone is great. Battery issue is much better lag is gone. Gonna stay on ICS until the bugs are worked out if ATT does anything at all for the hardcore Note users. I love my Note but wish there was more didication to the customers that stood in line on release day. Bet this wouldnt happen if this were the iphone....until then im staying on ICS tried the update and it was absolutely horrible. I also ran a custom rom Android 4.3.3 and it was AMAZING. Dont understand why developers can do it but Att and Samsung cant.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

pacert, 

If the 4.3.3 ROM was amazing, why did you go back to ICS?  Just wondering... also, which ROM did you use? Did you get the split sceen function in that one?

My I717 on JB seems ok (no battery issues anyway), but not faster or slower than ICS -- no Bluetooth, no GPS, and the screen brightness turned down.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Another slow Note I after JB update!  Ugh, I want ICS back without having to root the phone. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How do you go back to stock ICS? This update has really killed my phone. I need to leave it plugged in, otherwise battery is at 50% in a couple of hours sitting idle. A whole bunch of services eat up memory and processing and I can't kill them. Facebook and social media turn themselves on in the background and run. I got an app killer, and they turn themselves back on in 5 minutes.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Bwaslo...
I went back to ICS because I was hoping that Att would push through some sort of bug fix. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.