The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I LOVE MY NOTE...NOT GIVING IT UP...LOL

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Yup. after about a half a day, i too had experienced rapid baterry life. First time boot hung up...did battery pull...reboot took forever (kind of expected that). Messagning and Email crashing . A factory reset and data/cache wipe did the trick for me. Battery life about the same as 4.0.4....But nothing much as far as looks in the official update. Yes it is somewhat smoother, but as cbaker81 states....no multi view. Snote is migrating over to Smemo (or is it the other way aroound), Group messaging not improved (although it is fixed in the unofficial versions of 4.2.2), mail got a face lift. UI looks a little better; some widgets are able to resize. I guess now the waiting game starts for updates to this version.

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

SSSSSSSSSSSSSlllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and battery life is now too short...

Smiley Embarassed

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Got word that JB was ready for Note i717 and to update via Kies - tried twice and each time met with negative results.  AT&T and Samsung are killing me!

I'm seriously considering going back to iOS.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Mine's not quite that bad but just leaving my Note on (no activity on my part) it goes to 10% warning in 5-6 hours !!

How do you go back a release? Since there's this battery problem and no feature  upgrade why should I stay on 4.1.2?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

You have to remove your SD card, contrary to their instructions.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi zetsuboufreak,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi dblevins,

Just wanted to let you know we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

My battery life is about the same as it was before upgrading.  One thing to check is whether the bluetooth is on -- if you don't have a bluetooth device then turn this off in the phone, will save power. 

Also turn the display intensity down and put a checkmark in the "auto" box -- get to these by pulling down the controls from the top of the screen.  The default seems to be "way too bright" and this is the largest consumer of battery power in the phone.

And make sure GPS is off when you aren't actively using it -- it's a major power slurper.

That said, I don't really see anything useful yet that this (rather stripped down) version of JB does over the ICS I had running before.  Will we ever see split screen operation on this?  Not really much point in upgrading the OS without that.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I went back to stock ICS..phone is faster and battery is soooo much
better and no lag. The only thumbs up to the upgrade was the camera. After using the so called Android 4.1.2 I went back to ICS...much better.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.