Posted Feb 4, 2013
Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

166 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
Replies
(166)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 4, 2013
(0)

I will say that you should update your copy of kies by redownloading it first. I was an old gingerbread user and upgraded to ice cream with kies 1.2 . Kies 1.2 did not have the ability to give my note jelly bean, nor did it update itself. I had to redownload and install manually and then I could get jelly bean. It may be simple information, but hey I didn't realize it for a day

www.samsung.com/us/attgalaxynote/update

Re: Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 4, 2013
(0)
Finally Jelly B is here...but there are several things missing.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)
no split screen!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)
I feel the threw us a watered down version of the update to shut us up. If anyone is having issues you have to update Kies first...then you may get an emergency recover error..follow steps and the update will work. I had to do it twice before it finally worked. Hope all the bugs and lack of features get worked out. As of yet im not to impressed really considering going back to stock ICS... Good Luck everyone!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)
Battery down to 66percent after 20minutes

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)

Is anyone else having terrible battery problems since the update to Jelly Bean? I updated today, and my battery drains in just a few hours now....

I hope there's a patch coming to fix this!!

Samsung Galaxy Note - Jelly Bean Update Battery Issues

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)

Having the same issue...  =/ I've been having to recharge my phone all day since updating.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)

I held out hope that AT&T wouldn't water down the Note's Jelly Bean features.  It's a blatant slap in the face that we know the international version of the Note 1 had multi view added in its Jelly Bean update, and they decided not include it in the US version, presumably because it would cut the incentive to upgrade to the Note 2.  Well that strategy backfired in at least one case.  This will officially be the last month on month to month with ATT.  Taking my money to Tmob.  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 6, 2013
(0)
TMOBILE here I come. Battery life is horrible. Back to custom roms for me. Factory data reset...cache wipe...delvik cache wipe..custom recovery...flash parnoid android...lol..its been real fun ATT but i gots to go. I might just give this 1 more day but i have to charge my phone constanly. Maybe we will get an update to this rom in a week or so.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 6, 2013
(0)
This update is a perfect example of att.make your customers wait this long for an update and then release it with missing major components and features. Some nerve. But att made sure to reinstall all of their bloatwear on our phones.well played....that will keep customers loyal.project butter does make transitions smooth but I noticed a lot of lag going from app to app and with in apps themselves.the new keyboard has massive amounts of lag.as well as the browser.battery life is no better.heat emmited from phone during use is pretty high.all and all this update to me is hit or miss.worst of all is having to update via kies. Almost impossible and will take too much time.don't make any plans or stick with ics.I did do a fresh install and all that hoping to get the best experience out of it. I DO appreciate that att updated the gnote 1 again but it would have been nice to get all the features....good luck

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 6, 2013
(0)

Everyone, 

If you're having issues with your device since updating to Jelly bean, please send a Private Message to us with your phone's IMEI, your wireless number, and the details of the issue.

We want to work effectively to resolve issues and improve any future updates. 

Thank you! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2013
(0)
I LOVE MY NOTE...NOT GIVING IT UP...LOL

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2013
(0)

Yup. after about a half a day, i too had experienced rapid baterry life. First time boot hung up...did battery pull...reboot took forever (kind of expected that). Messagning and Email crashing . A factory reset and data/cache wipe did the trick for me. Battery life about the same as 4.0.4....But nothing much as far as looks in the official update. Yes it is somewhat smoother, but as cbaker81 states....no multi view. Snote is migrating over to Smemo (or is it the other way aroound), Group messaging not improved (although it is fixed in the unofficial versions of 4.2.2), mail got a face lift. UI looks a little better; some widgets are able to resize. I guess now the waiting game starts for updates to this version.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 7, 2013
(0)

SSSSSSSSSSSSSlllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and battery life is now too short...

:smileyembarrassed:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)

Got word that JB was ready for Note i717 and to update via Kies - tried twice and each time met with negative results.  AT&T and Samsung are killing me!

I'm seriously considering going back to iOS.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)

Mine's not quite that bad but just leaving my Note on (no activity on my part) it goes to 10% warning in 5-6 hours !!

How do you go back a release? Since there's this battery problem and no feature  upgrade why should I stay on 4.1.2?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)

You have to remove your SD card, contrary to their instructions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)

Hi zetsuboufreak,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 8, 2013
(0)

Hi dblevins,

Just wanted to let you know we received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2013
(0)

My battery life is about the same as it was before upgrading.  One thing to check is whether the bluetooth is on -- if you don't have a bluetooth device then turn this off in the phone, will save power. 

Also turn the display intensity down and put a checkmark in the "auto" box -- get to these by pulling down the controls from the top of the screen.  The default seems to be "way too bright" and this is the largest consumer of battery power in the phone.

And make sure GPS is off when you aren't actively using it -- it's a major power slurper.

That said, I don't really see anything useful yet that this (rather stripped down) version of JB does over the ICS I had running before.  Will we ever see split screen operation on this?  Not really much point in upgrading the OS without that.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2013
(0)
I went back to stock ICS..phone is faster and battery is soooo much
better and no lag. The only thumbs up to the upgrade was the camera. After using the so called Android 4.1.2 I went back to ICS...much better.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2013
(0)
For those of you wondering what i was doing when my batter drained...i was on this forum. And again I started at 70% now down to 52%

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2013
(0)

Jelly Bean is a major improvement over ICS makes no sense to go back.  I have been busy disbling all the built in programs and it has made an improvement. 

As far as I am concenred it's the Note and not the OS.  I had troubles with mine from the beginning (and I bought on day one), was at the AT&T service center a few times for issues and with the last one they had to replace the phone because it could not be reset.  Well the replacement phone has not been flawless either.

Battery life has always been less than 20-24 hours, And with Jelly Bean the hardware can't accomodate it.  What's the point of so little RAM on a phone?  That's what slows it down.  Sure I have bluetooth and GPS on; but even when I turn them off it doesn't make a vast difference.

More than likely I'll switch to the S4 (or whatever is new at the time) when I can upgrade. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013
(0)
I already did. As soon as i heard the AT&T is not getting multiscreen; I just went ahead moved to TMOB. I wasnt go wait for just JB with ton of bloats making the phone suitable to make omelet. customer service is the only good thing at AT&T. Why isnt multiscreen not available on AT&T note?. when everybody else in the world has it. Ok, I hear it could be hardware blah blah blah. It doesnt matter if poeple want to do it they can do it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 12, 2013
(0)

qckslvrsiete ... you are not the only one... i had moved to TMOB also. i am in prepaid now. i am not going to get myself into the vicious phone contract cycle of buying a new ph and paying for it forever. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 14, 2013
(0)

Rest assured AT&T users - it's not your carrier. I'm in London on EE but with unlocked original samsung galaxy note GT-N7000 since January 2011. I downloaded and installed jellybean 4.1.2 about 3 days ago and have had disastrous battery events - catastophic disharge within seconds from 50% to shut down. Strange rapid re-charging within a couple of minutes to maybe 30%. I get lag in all sorts of ways, especially looking up contacts where I can wait a minute for "Simon" to show up; previously it would take a second or less. I get screen flickering - it's almost like an epileptic halo effect, seconds before a precipitous battery loss. I've not managed a day so far without at least one charge halfway through, plus of course overnight charging. All of this is post the update; none of these effects showed with ics. It makes the phone almost unusable. If I go out with it can I rely on being able to make or take calls? Not at all if I look at any emails etc. Can only hope google get a fix out v soon!

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note - Jelly Bean Update Battery Issues

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 14, 2013
(0)
All I can say is I went back to Stock ICS and my phone is great. Battery issue is much better lag is gone. Gonna stay on ICS until the bugs are worked out if ATT does anything at all for the hardcore Note users. I love my Note but wish there was more didication to the customers that stood in line on release day. Bet this wouldnt happen if this were the iphone....until then im staying on ICS tried the update and it was absolutely horrible. I also ran a custom rom Android 4.3.3 and it was AMAZING. Dont understand why developers can do it but Att and Samsung cant.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013
(0)

pacert, 

If the 4.3.3 ROM was amazing, why did you go back to ICS?  Just wondering... also, which ROM did you use? Did you get the split sceen function in that one?

My I717 on JB seems ok (no battery issues anyway), but not faster or slower than ICS -- no Bluetooth, no GPS, and the screen brightness turned down.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013
(0)

Another slow Note I after JB update!  Ugh, I want ICS back without having to root the phone. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 15, 2013
(0)

How do you go back to stock ICS? This update has really killed my phone. I need to leave it plugged in, otherwise battery is at 50% in a couple of hours sitting idle. A whole bunch of services eat up memory and processing and I can't kill them. Facebook and social media turn themselves on in the background and run. I got an app killer, and they turn themselves back on in 5 minutes.