For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Hi pacert... I looked on the os update page for rogers. It is updated fairly often.
Here is the link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
hope this helps!

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Maaz

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Finally, someone has shed some light on our Firmware Update.  I subscribe to "All About Galaxy Note" on Google+.  In an article titled "Who Stole My Butter" I left a comment that got a reply.  Below is our conversation.

Hide comments

Paul *** Apr 18, 2013Edit

If AT&T ever releases Jelly Bean for their i717 Galaxy Note.

All About Galaxy Note Apr 29, 2013

It was released in February.

Paul *** Yesterday 5:28 PMEdit

No, The Jelly Bean Update has not been released for AT&T i717 Galaxy Note.  It is still running 4.0.4  The Original Note (N700) and the Note 2 is running Jelly Bean But the AT&T variant of the Original Note (i717) is still on Ice Cream Sandwich.

All About Galaxy Note Yesterday 10:46 PM

Hi Paul, thanks for the correction. Yes, the Jelly Bean update for i717 (At&T's Galaxy Note) is not released yet. I just checked again.

As I know, Samsung finished their work on this update in late January and in early February  the update was pushed to AT&T , who would do their own "testing". This process typically can take 2-6 months depending on the priority assigned. AT&T also has the right to withhold the update.

The Galaxy Note 2 was released with Jelly Bean 4.1. Jelly Bean 4.2 update is being under carrier test currently, as I know. This usually means the update will be very likely released in Q3.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Just got an update on Drippler...says Galaxy Note should get Jelly in May

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hey guys, Jelly Bean is now available via Kies.  You are welcome  Smiley Very Happy

Note: this is NOT a joke. GO GO GO

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Finally,  JB is on the Note.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@cyclejim

Thanks for posting of the below URL:    

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00045778&fm_seq=62760

okey AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note owner, this is indeed a good news that at last AT&T has released the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 upgrade. of course, AT&T alwayz late and careless about their smartphone OS upgrade matter.

the main Samsung US webpage for Samsung JB update yet not updated, because there is JB update announced in that page for AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket or AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note. the link is below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

But now Note user can directly follow the below webpage for their JB upgrade on Note  -  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00047453&fm_seq=51497

before start update it will be perfect if you format your device properly (factory reset including internal USB storage).

in your windows pc, just uninstall Kies and Samsung usb driver. I suggest, restart your pc after every installation or uninstallation please.

after latest Kies is installed properly and restarting your pc, disable your antivirus (or internet security software), windows firewall and windows defender.

Now you can open Kies and connect your Note via USB cable and after your device has deletected properly then you can easily go for Jelly Bean upgrade step by step.

hope the success of all AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note user about Jelly Bean upgrade.

Thanks in Advance

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Not seeing the multiwindow feature....thought it was going to be on the note 1 also...i could be wrong.but after all this wait...I would be annoyed to get a watered down version

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I will say that you should update your copy of kies by redownloading it first. I was an old gingerbread user and upgraded to ice cream with kies 1.2 . Kies 1.2 did not have the ability to give my note jelly bean, nor did it update itself. I had to redownload and install manually and then I could get jelly bean. It may be simple information, but hey I didn't realize it for a day

www.samsung.com/us/attgalaxynote/update

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.