Posted Feb 4, 2013
5:43:37 PM
View profile
Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

166 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
Replies
(166)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 9:34:32 AM
(0)
Explorer

They've lost most peoples confidence.  The real truth will be as peoples contracts are up and they go to a different cell phone provider that will support the devices they sell.

Re: Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

61 of 167 (6,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 11:45:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well today my work phone, a Droid Bionic, just upgraded to Jelly Bean (this is a Verizon phone).  It already had a lot of the JB features on it and this just finished it off.  That phone is older than my Note (which I got on the first day it was available).  The stupid ugrade that was pushed out yesterday did absolutley nothing but slow the phone down and reinstall B-S.  And I did discover that Kies no longer recognized any firmware on the phone.

Thanks a lot AT&T and Samsung.  Why is it that everyone else can get their phones upgraded except you?  And why is it that you can't even tell your customers what is going on? Your employees have no answers, they make them up.  I had all kinds of problems with my Note and final AT&T solution was to replace it with a refurb phone.  Well some of the problems are gone, but the phone still doesn't work correctly.  As others have said ICS seemed to screw up the phone.

Maybe if the AT&T proprietary apps were not part of the package the phone might work properly.

So AT&T do you have anyone intelliogent reading these posts that is authorized to give a real answer? 

62 of 167 (5,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 11:47:23 AM
(0)
Tutor
No it wasn't. If you really work for AT&T then tell the truth.

63 of 167 (5,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 1:17:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
for Android OS upgrade matter AT&T is so amateur and lazy and inactive throughout the world. but logically they should bring the latest all high end smartphone in their shop first than other and also in update matter they should be the first in this world. But seems they are opposite

64 of 167 (5,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 8:37:12 AM
(0)
Contributor
The jelly bean update should arrive in may rogers website has their note jelly bean update shceduled for may the website previousley said waiting on device manufacture to submit update and now shows may as when it will receive update and att usally realeases software around the same time plus or minus a few days so with any luck our galaxy note i717 should recieve jelly bean in just a few weeks hopefully it starts rolling out may 1st

65 of 167 (5,668 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 4:47:36 PM
(0)
Scholar
Att is a sad sad company. Their own people dont even have a clue. The rep that replied to this blog was talking about ICS....really! Get a clue. Then she kept talking about Note 2..hello this is for the original Note...kinda made me laugh that she was so clueless. I just flashed a CM Rom thats Android 4.2.2 its running pretty good so far. Note users you can also try BlackStar Roms and Collective Roms...hey if Att wont help i will try. Root..get a custom recover...CWM or TWRP...flash new rom...plus the Chameleon Rom i just flashed has no ATT bloat and apps are add free.

66 of 167 (5,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 4:53:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
I read that Rogers is no longer supporting Galaxy Note...we usually recieve updates after them....hope Att doesnt do the same

67 of 167 (5,619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 5:56:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

I'm planning on "moving on" after my contract is over. 

Are there any stats available on which carriers are most prompt (and least likely to orphan customers) about Android updates?  And which are most forthcoming with information about it?

Likewise, which manufacturers are best at keeping their recent (i.e., within 2 years) customers up to date?

Stats on a web site would be best, but opinions and experiences would be welcome as well.

This factor is becoming issue#1 for me.  Lots of manufacturers have large screen Android phones now, and ATT doesn't even have the best coverage in the areas I've been in.  So it's down to support and firmware (Android) updates

68 of 167 (5,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 10:35:02 AM
(0)
Scholar
even T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G mid-range smartphone are getting Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS upgrade through both OTA and Kies. check out the link below:

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-now-available-samsung-galaxy-s-relay-4g?utm_source=ac&utm_m...

69 of 167 (5,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 12:03:39 PM
(0)
Explorer

I've e-mailed ATT multiple times and zero response.  I'm not surprised since it seems that they could care less for their customers, they just want the $$$.  Once my contract is up, I'm leaving this provider for another one that actually pays attention to their customers questions, concerns, and complaints.

70 of 167 (5,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 7:37:06 PM
(0)
Teacher
but which one? Is Verizon better? Or T-Mobile? Heck, even Virgin payasyougo did better that ATT on replying to customers with actual answers....

71 of 167 (5,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 11:16:50 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Apr 23, 2013 at 6:30:25 AM

It's just amazing to me that AT&T has rendered my $300, 1 year old, phone so obselete that it can't even run Google Now. Pathetic.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
72 of 167 (5,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2013 2:31:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
I am still holding out for Jelly B. I love my Note and cant see myself using another phone..i have become a slave to the large screen. Hopefully ATT will get it together and pay attention to the great phone that the Note is and not leave us out in the cold.

73 of 167 (5,133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2013 7:55:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

April 24 and still no Jelly Bean for the AT&T Galaxy Note. According to Rogers in Canada, the Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update is scheduled to arrive in May(no specific timings). Since most of the time Rogers and AT&T release their updates around the same time(like for the galaxy s3 and the Galaxy Note 2), this might give you guys some hope about the Jelly Bean upgrade. But the fact that there is no reply from AT&T about the Jelly Bean update is really getting on my nerve. AT&T, I would advise you to improve you customer service, so that people actually stay on your network after their contract is over.

74 of 167 (5,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 10:02:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

How's this for relevant?

We were told we were getting Jelly Bean and yet now we hear nothing about it, even after repeated pleas for any kind of informtion from AT&T.

Way lesser phones have it and the news of "Express" devices getting it is liking rubbing our noses in it.

AT&T is snubbing us early adopters of flagship hardware that paid top dollar and signed new contracts in good faith.

Yet here we are. No news whatsoever. At least give us early upgrades or something. This situation is pitiful.

75 of 167 (4,986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 12:28:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
Mandroid....you are very relevant. When i heard much old phones were getting Jelly Bean i felt the same...hey buy this flagship device but we decided not to do updates. I thought Rogers was no longer supporting the Note and had no plans to update..only reason i am asking is because maaz said Rogers is slated for the update in May...Maaz where did you see this info??

76 of 167 (4,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2013 4:13:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

I appreciate your tenacity, but if your like me you probably realize that AT & T nor Samsung has any reason to release and update to the original Note. Samsung has taken over 1st place in the smartphone war and Apple has not (nor will it respond) with anything Android users care about. With that said may I suggest that you do like me and QUIT AT&T!!! As soon as my contract is up I'm going to go with a prepaid plan, I have already purchased a new phone and will taking it along with me to either virgin mobile or T mobile, either way I'm done with paying over 175.00 a month to a company that doesn't care about it's customers. That include Samsung as well, if you want to stay with this company for whatever reason I'd suggest switching to HTC where at least they offer the latest android updates. Good luck in your wait...I'm willing to bet anyone $100.00 that jelly bean will NEVER come to the OG Note, any takers respond to this post and I'll pay up via pay pal; that's how confident I am in the fact that YOU WILL NEVER SEE jelly bean on the Galaxy I717

77 of 167 (4,692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 4:47:30 AM
(0)
Teacher

Seems like everyone here is complaiing about AT&T.  If Samsung hasent released the update to AT&T how are they supposed to finish it and release it.  I'm guessing it all has to do with the crappy processor samsuck (sorry typo) put in the origional note making it slow and laggy. my wife and daughter's skyrocket runs circles around my note.  Those of us that are fed up with AT&T should examine their choices.  T-Mobile lots of dead spots and throttles your speed down to nothing after a few hundred MB of data use.  You think AT&T customer support is lacking. Verizon is the worst.  Check the menus on verizon phones they are always missing many settings and options.  Then there is Sprint (no comment i dont want to get blocked from this site).  I've noticed everyone trying a custom JB rom (i dont recommend this) complains about a lot of things not working. Maybe JB cant run on our crappy processor. So i sit and wait with the rest of you hoping the update does come and it does have some improvement on the phone.  i'm tired of clicking and waiting  for apps and even my contact list to take 5 seconds to open. Not to mention the overheating and awful battery life which i believe is processor related and no operating system will ever fix.

78 of 167 (4,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 5:46:35 AM
(0)
Explorer

I talked to Samsung a few months ago and they said that they had sent ATT the JB code for the note already and it was in their hands.

I believe that ATT is holding back for whatever reason (most likely to include their bloatware) and don't want to let people know what's going on.

I dare ATT to comment on this.  Your customers deserve to know what's going on.  Older phones have already gotten JB and the Note (original) was supposed to be a flagship.

79 of 167 (4,603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 10:53:21 AM
(0)
Scholar
I just read on Android Police that Google is working on Jelly Bean 4.3 not Keylime Pie 5.0. This is very frustrating considering we OG Note users havent even got Jelly Bean 4.1. Again we will be behind the curve...well saidYaakovchaim.. I also would like to add that I know alot of people do not like to use custom built roms..but i had to try something as my OG Note was so slow anf laggy. I have been running a custom 4.2.2 for several months and it has been great...not trying to push this on anyone just saying. I just hope Att and Samsung give us flagship Note users something more and not leave us out in the cold. I have been with Att since 1996 and think that we deserve more then what we have been getting fromthem. Not pointing fingers.....but let me forget to pay my bill....service off.....Att dnt forget the hardcore customers that stood in line on release day of this great flagship device with high hopes....

80 of 167 (4,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2013 8:11:42 PM
(0)
Voyager
AT&T is holding back the JB update for some reasons.

Whatsoever, the reasons are no matter, they are not answering on their customers which makes me so annoying.

The fact that Samsung sent the JB code to AT&T makes me more annoying, becasue AT&T is not working hard since the international JB release date is about more than 3 month and we still don't have it yet which means AT&T is being careless about galaxy note users and their cutomers.

I want jelly bean update on my galaxy note and AT&T's effort. (at least, they have to answer our question honestly)

81 of 167 (4,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 6:56:50 PM
(0)
Tutor
Hi pacert... I looked on the os update page for rogers. It is updated fairly often.
Here is the link: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
hope this helps!

82 of 167 (4,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 9:25:44 PM
(0)
Scholar
Thanks Maaz

83 of 167 (4,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 11:08:57 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by Taylarie on May 1, 2013 at 5:16:49 AM

Finally, someone has shed some light on our Firmware Update.  I subscribe to "All About Galaxy Note" on Google+.  In an article titled "Who Stole My Butter" I left a comment that got a reply.  Below is our conversation.

Hide comments

Paul *** Apr 18, 2013Edit

If AT&T ever releases Jelly Bean for their i717 Galaxy Note.

All About Galaxy Note Apr 29, 2013

It was released in February.

Paul *** Yesterday 5:28 PMEdit

No, The Jelly Bean Update has not been released for AT&T i717 Galaxy Note.  It is still running 4.0.4  The Original Note (N700) and the Note 2 is running Jelly Bean But the AT&T variant of the Original Note (i717) is still on Ice Cream Sandwich.

All About Galaxy Note Yesterday 10:46 PM

Hi Paul, thanks for the correction. Yes, the Jelly Bean update for i717 (At&T's Galaxy Note) is not released yet. I just checked again.

As I know, Samsung finished their work on this update in late January and in early February  the update was pushed to AT&T , who would do their own "testing". This process typically can take 2-6 months depending on the priority assigned. AT&T also has the right to withhold the update.

The Galaxy Note 2 was released with Jelly Bean 4.1. Jelly Bean 4.2 update is being under carrier test currently, as I know. This usually means the update will be very likely released in Q3.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

[ Edited ]
84 of 167 (3,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2013 8:15:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
Just got an update on Drippler...says Galaxy Note should get Jelly in May

85 of 167 (3,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 3:19:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hey guys, Jelly Bean is now available via Kies.  You are welcome  :smileyvery-happy:

Note: this is NOT a joke. GO GO GO

86 of 167 (3,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

87 of 167 (3,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2013 10:38:52 PM
(0)
Explorer

Finally,  JB is on the Note.

88 of 167 (3,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2013 4:36:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

@cyclejim

Thanks for posting of the below URL:    

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00045778&fm_seq=62760

okey AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note owner, this is indeed a good news that at last AT&T has released the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 upgrade. of course, AT&T alwayz late and careless about their smartphone OS upgrade matter.

the main Samsung US webpage for Samsung JB update yet not updated, because there is JB update announced in that page for AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket or AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note. the link is below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

But now Note user can directly follow the below webpage for their JB upgrade on Note  -  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00047453&fm_seq=51497

before start update it will be perfect if you format your device properly (factory reset including internal USB storage).

in your windows pc, just uninstall Kies and Samsung usb driver. I suggest, restart your pc after every installation or uninstallation please.

after latest Kies is installed properly and restarting your pc, disable your antivirus (or internet security software), windows firewall and windows defender.

Now you can open Kies and connect your Note via USB cable and after your device has deletected properly then you can easily go for Jelly Bean upgrade step by step.

hope the success of all AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note user about Jelly Bean upgrade.

Thanks in Advance

89 of 167 (3,478 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2013 6:57:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
Not seeing the multiwindow feature....thought it was going to be on the note 1 also...i could be wrong.but after all this wait...I would be annoyed to get a watered down version

90 of 167 (3,444 Views)