The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well today my work phone, a Droid Bionic, just upgraded to Jelly Bean (this is a Verizon phone).  It already had a lot of the JB features on it and this just finished it off.  That phone is older than my Note (which I got on the first day it was available).  The stupid ugrade that was pushed out yesterday did absolutley nothing but slow the phone down and reinstall B-S.  And I did discover that Kies no longer recognized any firmware on the phone.

Thanks a lot AT&T and Samsung.  Why is it that everyone else can get their phones upgraded except you?  And why is it that you can't even tell your customers what is going on? Your employees have no answers, they make them up.  I had all kinds of problems with my Note and final AT&T solution was to replace it with a refurb phone.  Well some of the problems are gone, but the phone still doesn't work correctly.  As others have said ICS seemed to screw up the phone.

Maybe if the AT&T proprietary apps were not part of the package the phone might work properly.

So AT&T do you have anyone intelliogent reading these posts that is authorized to give a real answer? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

No it wasn't. If you really work for AT&T then tell the truth.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

for Android OS upgrade matter AT&T is so amateur and lazy and inactive throughout the world. but logically they should bring the latest all high end smartphone in their shop first than other and also in update matter they should be the first in this world. But seems they are opposite

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The jelly bean update should arrive in may rogers website has their note jelly bean update shceduled for may the website previousley said waiting on device manufacture to submit update and now shows may as when it will receive update and att usally realeases software around the same time plus or minus a few days so with any luck our galaxy note i717 should recieve jelly bean in just a few weeks hopefully it starts rolling out may 1st

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

Att is a sad sad company. Their own people dont even have a clue. The rep that replied to this blog was talking about ICS....really! Get a clue. Then she kept talking about Note 2..hello this is for the original Note...kinda made me laugh that she was so clueless. I just flashed a CM Rom thats Android 4.2.2 its running pretty good so far. Note users you can also try BlackStar Roms and Collective Roms...hey if Att wont help i will try. Root..get a custom recover...CWM or TWRP...flash new rom...plus the Chameleon Rom i just flashed has no ATT bloat and apps are add free.

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I read that Rogers is no longer supporting Galaxy Note...we usually recieve updates after them....hope Att doesnt do the same

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm planning on "moving on" after my contract is over. 

Are there any stats available on which carriers are most prompt (and least likely to orphan customers) about Android updates?  And which are most forthcoming with information about it?

Likewise, which manufacturers are best at keeping their recent (i.e., within 2 years) customers up to date?

Stats on a web site would be best, but opinions and experiences would be welcome as well.

This factor is becoming issue#1 for me.  Lots of manufacturers have large screen Android phones now, and ATT doesn't even have the best coverage in the areas I've been in.  So it's down to support and firmware (Android) updates

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

even T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G mid-range smartphone are getting Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS upgrade through both OTA and Kies. check out the link below:

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-now-available-samsung-galaxy-s-relay-4g?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

Explorer

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I've e-mailed ATT multiple times and zero response.  I'm not surprised since it seems that they could care less for their customers, they just want the $$$.  Once my contract is up, I'm leaving this provider for another one that actually pays attention to their customers questions, concerns, and complaints.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

but which one? Is Verizon better? Or T-Mobile? Heck, even Virgin payasyougo did better that ATT on replying to customers with actual answers....
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.