The Samsung Galaxy S24
dinan5m3's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 4:02 AM

Galaxy Note 2 - disappearing LTE icon from 4G at the top status bar when making call

Hello,

I guess i've just started to notice this symptom but wanted to know if anyone has had similar problem and perhaps what the fix is.

So, the symptom is that, the 4G LTE would loose the LTE icon when making a phone call.  The LTE sign would stay disappeared until either,

a) restart the phone

b) enable wifi and disable wifi

c) enable airplane mode and disable airplane mode

After which, making phone call would again cause the LTE in 4G LTE at the top status bar to disappear again.

Loosing the LTE sign doesn't seem to affect the data rate/speed but just bit annoying.

Anyone experienced or experiencing this symptom?

Thanks much.

Android version

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I'm also having the same issues.  I honestly think it started when I updated to the new update.  However, mine is pretty bad.  I get 4G LTE then when making a call, I sometimes get one bar or no bar at all.  One trick that I found out was to call your voicemail, but this sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.  Hopefully the new update slated in August will help.  If anyone has the same problems or know of a solution (I have already called AT&T tech support, with no update), please let us know.  Thanks.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like some kind of network switching issue.  LTE is only used for data, so the phone switches to HSPA/GSM during voice calls, but for some reason is not switching back to LTE after the call has ended.  Might be on the network side, might be on the device side.  Either way, probably not easily solved, except possibly with a firmware update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.