The Samsung Galaxy S24
JSY's profile

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

Friday, March 21st, 2014 3:51 AM

GS5 preorders start start tomorrow (March 21)

http://phandroid.com/2014/03/20/att-gear-2-galaxy-s5-preorder/

And I will wait for the 32GB model.

You'd think ATT would learn from last year's complaints about the available memory.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah,

Only 8 gb available in the 16 gb model, and now Google won't

let you puts apps on the sd card, great!!!!!!!

I know for sure, I am upgrading, but not to the S5!!!!

Ken

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I would wait to see if they haven't mucked up the GPS library files installing their own garbage.  I've had a Note 3 since the fall that is useless as a GPS and they still haven't done squat about it.  I'd almost rather have a Canadian Rogers S5, they generally have all the same frequency compatability for 3G and LTE without all the AT&T garbage on them.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@aygriffith wrote:

I would wait to see if they haven't mucked up the GPS library files installing their own garbage.  I've had a Note 3 since the fall that is useless as a GPS and they still haven't done squat about it.  I'd almost rather have a Canadian Rogers S5, they generally have all the same frequency compatability for 3G and LTE without all the AT&T garbage on them.

Wouldn't a Rogers S5 have Rogers' garbage/bloatware on it?  I know that I used a Rogers SIM card in my BlackBerry Z10 and had to delete all of the Rogers' apps that downloaded when I did the OS update.

Scholar

• 

191 Messages

10 years ago

Why no 32GB option?  WHy the freaking hassle every Galaxy launch?  Seriously this is getting ridiculous.  Why isn't the eletric blue an option either?

I guess you guys rather see your long time customers go to T-Mobile.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

ATT is mum about any 32GB version.  This reminds me of last year when they did not mention the 32GB at all until about 12 days after the launch of the 16GB GS4 they announced pre-orders for the 32 GB model.  This was so close to the 14 day return period - and I missed it and was not able to return my phone for an exchange.  I complained that they could not have possibly NOT known this was coming out and that it was so very deceptive.  

Anyway, I will sit tight and wait for 32GB if there is one.  I will stick with my GS4 if they never release the 32GB.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

Try to remember that the reason Samsung Galaxy has limited space is because all the software features it offers that other brands don't offer (air view, S Beam, screen Mirroring, smart screen, Knox, etc. etc. etc.). Having this cool features will always take more space.

Recommendation is to store pictures, videos and songs directly to the SD memory, so your internal memory is free for all your apps.

Professor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

if i have the S3 is it worth upgrading to the S5?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.