For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
khoujayh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 12:48 PM

Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone

Greetings,

I have paid all the installment payments for my phone (Galaxy Note3). Since I will outside the states for more than three years I have decided to cancel my account with AT&T. Now I want to unlock my phone but the website does not recongize my phone's IMEI. It says "We do not have a record of the IMEI you entered. Please verify the IMEI entered is correct by dialing *#06# on your device." Is there anyway to surpass this issue. AT&T has already canceled my number and I cannot contact them either with live chat or with their number. I also cannot visit any of their branches because there is no one where I am.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @khoujayh 

Was this phone attached to the phone number you're using for the unlock request? Our team can check on it for you. Please send us a private message by clicking here, please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem, unfortunately your link for the "personal message" is no longer available.

contact?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Fixed the link, sorry about that. And thank you johninsj!

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

10 years ago

I had a similar problem -- same error message on the AT&T Unlock form/site.

The difference for me is that I'm still a current AT&T customer. My phone was purchased brand new from AT&T very recently -- for full retail price.

The way I got the carrier unlock code was through AT&T customer service -- they submitted an internal AT&T ticket, provided me a ticket/case ID, and an anonymous AT&T employee emailed me a day or 2 later with the unlock code for my device. The code worked.

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem with Galaxy S5, sent a private message, not sure when I should expect a response...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I did the same today - we shall see how this goes. ATT is rediculous with device locks....makes me wantt o go to Verizon where all 4g LTE devices are unlocked now.

Mentor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well, I haven't heard from anyone in 4 days. I guess I'm doomed.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I just sent them a PM, hopefully they respond asap. I have been on for the whole sixty days. Smiley Mad I just hope they help me out here, I don't want to spend an hour on the phone talking to someone overseas. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just sent u a message!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.