The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wild Banchi's profile

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

Monday, April 11th, 2011 11:13 PM

Captivate - Screen Capture (Photo)

How can I take a screenshot/screen capture on my Captivate? The other night I accidentally did, and I can't remember how I did it, exactly. Thanks.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.3K Messages

13 years ago

I use the Screen Capture Shortcut app from the Market: http://www.appbrain.com/app/screen-capture-shortcut-free/jp.tomorrowkey.android.screencaptureshortcutfree

Works great for the Captivate.

The app is super easy to use. Better than trying figure out the right combo and timing of key presses to use it, imho.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

I'd also like to know, thanks.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@RyBiv wrote:

I'd also like to know, thanks.

Your'e welcome. So that makes two of us. 😉

Does anybody know? It really doesn't seem that hard to explain...

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Just wanted to bump it to the top Smiley Wink

So far I've seen 'hold back button while pressing home (or menu) key'.  Apparently for most people this launches the screenshot .com process but does not actually take a screen cap.  Everyone else I'm finding who has done has done so accidentally and can't recreate it.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Right. That is the way I accidentally did it, and now I can't figure it out again. I think I held the back button and home at the same time, but now I can't get it to go again. I have just tried sweeping my thumb across the home and back button, but all it does is return to the home screen with no luck. 😞

I will look up a Google search later. I just wish that it was as simple as it is on my iPod Touch - pressing the home and power button at the same time... Maybe I will try that?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

This is absolutely ridiculous and nerve-wracking. Why can't I just take a simple screenshot off of my phone?!? It should not be this difficult. Not to mention that the only thing you can pretty much do is "root the phone/install drivers" just to be able to do this. Sheesh.

I found this page. It was just about the best I could find after sorting through three pages from a Google search. http://getandroidstuff.com/how-to-take-screenshot-with-samsung-galaxy-s-with-no-root/

There also appears to be an app in the Android Market that you can download called "Screenshot" or something like that. You would shake your phone to capture the image on the screen. Perhaps I will give that a try...

This is really frustrating. On an iPhone/iPod Touch, all you have to do is simply press two buttons, and bam, there you have it. Not with regular Android phones, it seems...

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

13 years ago

Exactly.

I have tried that app and it does work fine, but seeing that all it does is utilize an existing android feature there's got to be an easier way.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Right! I even have Android 2.2 on mine... This is upsetting. I thought it would be very simple.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that I accidentally took two more screen captures by accident recently. One yesterday, and one earlier today. The most frustrating part of all is: I don't know how I did it! Sometimes I just randomly take screen captures without even trying to, and when I actually want to, I don't know how! 😠

One thing I have figured out though, is that after you have taken a photo of the screen, the phone does vibrate for about two seconds as if you have received a new text message. I learned that today. I played around with it some more, trying to see what I could have done, but I had no luck.

I think I may have pressed the back button and slid my finger to the home button at the same time to take a screen capture.cBut when I tried that multiple times again, all it would do is return to the home screen.

Still waiting for an answer...

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks a bunch, Zandora. Your help truly is appreciated. Rather than waste more time fiddling around with the buttons, I think I will just download the screen capture app. It seems a whole lot easier.

Nice to see you hangin' around tonight. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.